Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is Bill Simmons Albert Pujols/Lebron James Comparison on the money?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Alot. And he got up on his dunks too. Some highly athletic plays. Head at rim level stuff. The ones we've seen him do this year have been kind of weak. Looks like an old man with a bad back, safe landings, etc.

We're just commenting on what is happening, right now. Don't get your undies in a jack twist. You're not some voice of reason. We're not talking about Feb.

November 2014, that's what we're discussing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrCFaO5Ld10

He looks just fine in this game that was only a week ago. and he got a monster chasedown block

stop overblowing shit.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

He certainly is not playing at a physical level that he was at even 8 months ago. His finishing % at the rim has to be at it's lowest point since his first couple seasons.

The fact is, he doesn't display consistent ability to go around even average defenders in 1 on 1 situations. He is about 65-70% of his physical peak. If you disagree, you are a moron. No amount crying about "he looks just about the same to me" posts will change facts.

Local High School Star KingPush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    If by better you mean leaning on Andy to bring em home , then yea.
    Lebron is averaging 26/7/7 on 47% with a bad back and very little athleticism

Damn I wonder whats gonna happen when he gets his legs back under him

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrCFaO5Ld10

He looks just fine in this game that was only a week ago. and he got a monster chasedown block

stop overblowing shit.
    I'm not the only one who has noticed it, it isn't over blown.

Whether it's just a case of dead legs, or bad back, etc it's still there. And to anyone who understand what they're watching ... it's noticeable.

He's even told his coach he's not in his typical game shape yet, so Bron is essentially admitting his physical state.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingPush
    Lebron is averaging 26/7/7 on 47% with a bad back and very little athleticism

Damn I wonder whats gonna happen when he gets his legs back under him
    It was a joke.

Local High School Star KingPush's Avatar

I'm not the only one who has noticed it, it isn't over blown.

Whether it's just a case of dead legs, or bad back, etc it's still there. And to anyone who understand what they're watching ... it's noticeable.

He's even told his coach he's not in his typical game shape yet, so Bron is essentially admitting his physical state.
    i think he slacked off this off season with all the coming home drama/bs. plus his new kid being born

His shooting has improved though

Banned

Simmons has such a hardon for Lebron. I'll never understand it.

One of the greatest players ever, my ass. He's barely a top 10 player since MJ retired.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    One of the greatest players ever, my ass. He's barely a top 10 player since MJ retired.

Banned

Oh well that settles it. I'm sure his abysmal Finals record coming out of the freaking East and with 2 other superstars attests to his 'greatness'.

Oh well that settles it. I'm sure his abysmal Finals record coming out of the freaking East and with 2 other superstars attests to his 'greatness'.
    No, that just takes him out of GOAT running.

Not top 10 since MJ?

Shaq lost w/ Kobe in 2003
    Shaq lost w/ Kobe, Malone, and Payton in 2004
    Shaq lost w/ Wade in 2005
    Duncan lost w/ Manu, and Parker in '06, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, and '13
    Kobe lost w/ Gasol in 2011, and 2012
    Kobe lost w/ Dwight, Gasol, and Nash in 2013

What's your point?
    Last edited by SamuraiSWISH; 11-21-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Simmons has such a hardon for Lebron. I'll never understand it.

A good way to know if you're basketball opinion is a decent one and somewhat valid is to have a completely opposite one to this idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    He doesn't look that much different at all.

FFS people.
    horizontally his game doesnt look much different
    vertically theres a massive difference, just look at the dunks hes had hes barely hitting them

Has there ever been a player in nba history that didn't decline athletically after 12 years in the league???

Banned

No, that just takes him out of GOAT running.

Not top 10 since MJ?

Shaq lost w/ Kobe in 2003
    Shaq lost w/ Kobe, Malone, and Payton in 2004
    Shaq lost w/ Wade in 2005
    Duncan lost w/ Manu, and Parker in '06, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, and '13
    Kobe lost w/ Gasol in 2011, and 2012
    Kobe lost w/ Dwight, Gasol, and Nash in 2013

What's your point?
    You mean an old Shaq and Kobe against the Celtics (a good championship squad and without Bynum)?

Lebron got humiliated by a Spurs team that should have lost to a Mavs team that was basically Dirk, Monta, and scrubs.

Lebron got humiliated by Dirk + filler in 2010-2011

Lebron got humiliated by the Spurs en route to the worst Finals performance ever by a supposed superstar

he's not half the player Duncan, Shaq, and Kobe are and he's maybe 2/3rds the player Dirk, Garnett, and prime Wade were.

His legacy is going to be even further tarnished when the Cavs implode and get humiliated in the postseason.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    A good way to know if you're basketball opinion is a decent one and somewhat valid is to have a completely opposite one to this idiot.
    a Queenslander talking basketball (and a HEAT one at that!) is hilarious. Tell us all about your 40'' vertical and 4 minute mile again, man.