Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Jimmy Butler - is he deserving of a max deal? Will he get a max deal?

sad that in the nba now everyone who plays on a high level for 1 or 2 seasons is immediatly getting a max contract, or nearly a max.

while in germany people thinking that 5 mio a year is too much for a professional athlet, the nba will give these players more and more millions in their deep throat.
    i mean you just have to play good for 1 or 2 years in college and being under the top 15 of the draft. guarnteed 2 years money of mre than a million.
    Last edited by pastis; 11-21-2014 at 09:10 AM.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Default Re: Jimmy Butler - is he deserving of a max deal? Will he get a max deal?

He's not a franchise player. He's a very good role player. So heck no he shouldn't get a max contract. But nowadays they hand out max contracts to nearly anybody it seems.

Yes, if he keeps it up. He's got a great work ethic and attitude, so I would expect him to keep improving even after he gets his money. I think he is the SG we have been desperately in need of for years.

Learning to shoot layups

No to the first question and I doubt it to the second question. Although I do have to say that max deals are being thrown out way too generously these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CHi1PriDe
    No and hopefully no.

I still remember being pissed that we didn't get marshon brooks or shumpert, worked out for the better
    Butler is getting the max. question is if its from the bulls or not

3-time NBA All-Star

Sounds like a ridiculous question if you asked this in the beginning of the year, but he's quietly been one of the best players in the league so far. Its early, but 12 games is still a lot and he's putting up 22/6/4 on 52% with great defense. If he keeps it up, he definitely deserves the max given how the max is thrown around. Its a big IF though. What I am confident about is whatever Jimmy was asking for this past offseason probably would've been a steal for Chicago so they will probably regret not giving it to him.

I must say what really sucks is he's not really getting much recognition it seems. The Derrick Rose drama is pretty much overshadowing this guy having an amazing year. He's basically been the best player on possibly the best team in the East and/or league. He's probably a shoe-in for the all-star game and as of right now, we'll probably have at least 3 all-stars in Butler, Gasol, and Noah and possibly another one in Rose.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Sounds like a ridiculous question if you asked this in the beginning of the year, but he's quietly been one of the best players in the league so far. Its early, but 12 games is still a lot and he's putting up 22/6/4 on 52% with great defense. If he keeps it up, he definitely deserves the max given how the max is thrown around. Its a big IF though. What I am confident about is whatever Jimmy was asking for this past offseason probably would've been a steal for Chicago so they will probably regret not giving it to him.

I must say what really sucks is he's not really getting much recognition it seems. The Derrick Rose drama is pretty much overshadowing this guy having an amazing year. He's basically been the best player on possibly the best team in the East and/or league. He's probably a shoe-in for the all-star game and as of right now, we'll probably have at least 3 all-stars in Butler, Gasol, and Noah and possibly another one in Rose.

I will give him max...give him to us

Does he deserve one? No.

Will he get one? Yes.

Will it be from the Bulls? No.

Say goodbye to Chicago, Jimmy.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i pray the Lakers get in on this. Maybe not the max, but enough to make CHI bow out.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    He's not a franchise player. He's a very good role player. So heck no he shouldn't get a max contract. But nowadays they hand out max contracts to nearly anybody it seems.
    22/6/4 on 52% shooting with great D is more than just a role player (unless your "role" is to be your teams allstar). Not saying he's a franchise player, but neither is Klay Thompson and he got a max