Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

Default Give me your own definition of racism.

I don't know about anyone else but the term Racist is being thrown around so much these days that I roll my eyes before I even here the story.

The wide varying degree of what it takes to be called a racist intrigues me and It makes me wonder. What do you consider racist? Some people will say that to acknowledge any difference in race or to infer that races exist at all is racist, while the other extreme holds that anything outside of direct slavery of other races is A-Okay.

What do you think?

Default Re: Give me your own definition of racism.

Saying something bad about someone that I don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    I don't know about anyone else but the term Racist is being thrown around so much these days that I roll my eyes before I even here the story.

The wide varying degree of what it takes to be called a racist intrigues me and It makes me wonder. What do you consider racist? Some people will say that to acknowledge any difference in race or to infer that races exist at all is racist, while the other extreme holds that anything outside of direct slavery of other races is A-Okay.

What do you think?
    If you don't know the definition of racism, you are racist.

Being so insecure and low-class that your jealousy of another race permeates every interaction with them.

Example:

Tyrone's attention was brought to Ferdinand, whose tall stature, long flowing blonde hair, and proud demeanor, caused Tyrone to feel threatened by his presence. He angrily barked at him "Ay white boy, watchu' doin' uptown, cracka? Don't be chasin' our women or I'll cut ya, I swear I will!"

or Example 2:

Jeremy was visibly shaken when he saw Rasheed on the ice, who was gracefully moving as well as anybody he had ever seen before. Upon seeing Sheed in the showers, he demanded to know why he was not playing basketball instead, before finally requesting that he never show up to another Bruins game again.

It's 2014. Racism is played out, unoriginal, destructive, pathetic, and infantile. Be a nationalist instead, like any self-respecting individual should be.

Learning to shoot layups

attributing negative (or positive) stereotypes to a person before allowing them to prove otherwise.

judging someone to be something preconceived, rather than on the content of their character.

these days, way too much is considered racist, we penalize words far more than we do actions and that is sad. Donald Sterling is a racist slumlord and nothing happens, he tells his golddigger he doesn't want her posting pics with dudes on her instagram and he is Hitler's second coming.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Being so insecure and low-class that your jealousy of another race permeates every interaction with them.

Example:

Tyrone's attention was brought to Ferdinand, whose tall stature, long flowing blonde hair, and proud demeanor, caused Tyrone to feel threatened by his presence. He angrily barked at him "Ay white boy, watchu' doin' uptown, cracka? Don't be chasin' our women or I'll cut ya, I swear I will!"

or Example 2:

Jeremy was visibly shaken when he saw Rasheed on the ice, who was gracefully moving as well as anybody he had ever seen before. Upon seeing Sheed in the showers, he demanded to know why he was not playing basketball instead, before finally requesting that he never show up to another Bruins game again.

It's 2014. Racism is played out, unoriginal, destructive, pathetic, and infantile. Be a nationalist instead, like any self-respecting individual should be.
    its racism to assume the racist was from Boston. Such hackneyed bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Dudebro
    its racism to assume the racist was from Boston. Such hackneyed bullshit.
    Bostonians are a race now? Good to know.

And who said it was the Boston Bruins? There's more than 1 team called the Bruins....I think you're getting overly defensive here, friend.

Last edited by BasedTom; 06-25-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Made that high school varsity squad Booz Vivic's Avatar

Making difference between people because of things they can't choose (skin colour, sexual orientation, e.t.c.).

There are real, official definitions. No need to define it yourself.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

refusing to accept spanulis as the true GOAT is racist

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    There are real, official definitions. No need to define it yourself.
    That's the point. In spite of Dictionary definitions people still get their panties in a twist over a wide variety of of offenses, all under the umbrella of racism. So I'd like to hear how people define it themselves.

NBA Superstar

in terms of calling someone a racist 'racist' definition is someone who hates someone else based on skin color to me. in other words KKK are real racists. Calling people who might have offended your sensitivities slightly 'racists' waters down the term.

Are stereotypes also racist?
    Like for example saying "Dam that black soccer player looks fast".

a person that needs to belittle another race because his/her life is mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Cangri
    Are stereotypes also racist?
    Like for example saying "Dam that black soccer player looks fast".
    Stereotypes are generalizations that are used to perpetuate racism. I wouldn't say they all are though...