Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Englishmen...were American fans right about you nation.....

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    There are a few posters like Jasi and Alonmessi who post some good stuff. The majority are trolls who don't actually know or care about the World Cup.
    Not true, i only see 9er, Nick Young and Ragaz trolling. The rest of the guys posting are pretty cool.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by B-hoop
    Not true, i only see 9er, Nick Young and Ragaz trolling. The rest of the guys posting are pretty cool.
    I'm specifically referring to the group D thread. Most of the people are just trying to piss of English/Euro posters.

Banned

England are trash because of their coach.
    USA are trash because of their players.
    gotta give credit to USA for eventually reaching the 1/8 stage with crap players tho

NBA Legend

I'm specifically referring to the group D thread. Most of the people are just trying to piss of English/Euro posters.

Go cry in your pint, fakkit.

I really don't see the big problem, unless its like 9er with outlandish claims, but some jeering is expected. After all England did suck even though they have a good team, kinda like they always do and Costa Rica did defeat Italy.

This is what football is all about.

Banned

You don't need to watch soccer to know that England is not good at it.

Heck, soccer isn't the most popular in the States but we are still better than them.

I don't know why people insist England is better than USA.

Most casual fans already see us as the better nation in football.

IMO the problem with English football is the mentality. This is three-fold: the mentality of the media and fans, the mentality of the stars and the mentality of the young prospects.

The media and fans pile on tons of pressure before each WC and Euros, expecting them to make the quarters or semis at minimum while ignoring the facts. The facts being that we are not a top 5 team in Europe right now, so us making the quarter final of a competition is an achievement in itself. When the team inevitably doesn't make the quarters or semis, they get absolutely shit on for not living up to a standard.

The star players can't handle this pressure. Steven Gerrard doesn't age when playing for Liverpool but is rarely anything more than decent for England. Rooney is unplayable at times for United but again doesn't look the same for England. Ask any England fan, they'll tell you only Ashley Cole has looked the same player for club as he has for country in recent years. Pretty sad that a team filled with "world class" players only has one player who plays like he's world class.

The stars still get picked regardless because of their name, or having had one decent season or run of form for his club. This impacts the young players because they don't get the experience of playing meaningful internationals until they're in their mid 20s or later. Michael Dawson and Stephen Warnock had 1 cap between them and were 26 and 28 respectively in the 2010 WC.

The young players don't want to go abroad for more opportunities. Most young players with a lot of potential go abroad. Messi played in Spain, Cristiano Ronaldo played in England, Ronaldo played in Spain and Italy, Ronaldinho played in France and Spain and Pogba played in England and now Italy. Rooney is the only player in the England squad who was as highly touted as they were who played in his native country. When foreign young players in England show more hunger and potential, they get picked ahead of the English players. Rather than go to other leagues to gain experience and improve, they stay and expect to be picked and instead fester. Its especially bad at super teams like Chelsea and now City.

Add in a lower technical ability than their international counterparts and there you have it, in my opinion of course. The lack of technical ability goes down to grass roots. Sunday League football is all about long ball, crossing and strong tackles. If you've ever played, then you're no doubt familiar with the phrase, "well in son". We need players who can pass, can keep possession under pressure, are good decision makers and have good awareness.

TL;DR - too much pressure from fans, stars not playing like stars, youngsters are arrogant and until we improve childrens football, we won't be as good as we think we are.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

If USA goes through then there should be absolutely nothing wrong with saying USA > England. Finished ahead of England in 2010 WC as well. Results > reputation

(Inb4eurodickheads)

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger

The young players don't want to go abroad for more opportunities. Most young players with a lot of potential go abroad. Messi played in Spain, Cristiano Ronaldo played in England, Ronaldo played in Spain and Italy, Ronaldinho played in France and Spain and Pogba played in England and now Italy. Rooney is the only player in the England squad who was as highly touted as they were who played in his native country. When foreign young players in England show more hunger and potential, they get picked ahead of the English players. Rather than go to other leagues to gain experience and improve, they stay and expect to be picked and instead fester. Its especially bad at super teams like Chelsea and now City.
    I think this is their biggest problem, PL became too rich for its own good, there is a lot of talent from other countries and not enough development of national talent. In most countries the national talent is developed internally before they are exported to teams in other countries.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Go cry in your pint, fakkit.
    I really hope you kill yourself next time you have a meltdown.

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

I really hope you kill yourself next time you have a meltdown.

calm down guys. is just a game.

Banned

This forum is a complete shithole. OTC has been ruined by these annoying rednecks who think the US team can win the World Cup.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    This forum is a complete shithole. OTC has been ruined by these annoying rednecks who think the US team can win the World Cup.
    And European dickheads who can't give USA credit where credit is due.

"This team is in Europe so that must mean they're good."

****ing pikeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    With how well America is playing, I think you're just salty. My boi Young Sushi was calling Joel Campbell's domination but all Euros kept underrating him. Underrated the US at your own will but USA is easily better than England. We got ice blood in our veins and England are big chokers

For me, I believe that we will win

#IBelieveThatWeWillWin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    And European dickheads who can't give USA credit where credit is due.

"This team is in Europe so that must mean they're good."

****ing pikeys.
    Are you serious?

USA won one ****ing game, and against Ghana! The real fans that should be cocky are the Germans who beat Portugal 4-0, the Netherlands beating Spain 5-1, France who have dominated in both of their games so far, but instead, they're all quiet, and you Americans are telling the whole ****ing world how you won one game without the GOAT footballer, Landon Donovan.

I'm pretty sure I'm giving American teams credit when I have Neymar in my avy, think Argentina will win the World Cup, have called Chile the underdogs since the start and think Uruguay and Colombia are great teams, but the US aren't very good.