Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 12-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default 2011-12 Atlanta Hawks preseason schedule

The Atlanta Hawks today announced plans to face the Charlotte Bobcats for their two-game 2011 preseason schedule later this month, with the first game scheduled for Monday, December 19 at the Time Warner Cable Arena (at 7 p.m.) and the return game set for Thursday, December 22 at Philips Arena (at 7:30 p.m.).

Tickets for the game in Atlanta will go on sale to the public at 10 a.m., on Monday, December 12 at www.hawks.com/tickets, the Philips Arena box office and all Ticketmaster locations.

Additionally, fans will have their first opportunity to see the 2011-12 Hawks team in action when the club hosts a public intrasquad scrimmage on Friday, December 16 at Philips Arena (7:30 p.m.). Admission is free.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
vinvin01
I brick open layups

vinvin01 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2011-12 Atlanta Hawks preseason schedule

I'm excited to see if Pape Sy is gonna make the team. I've watched him play in France during the lock-out, he's just so fun to watch.

He's about 6"5 or 6"6 and is a PG/SG with so much athleticism. And when he drives to the basket he looks like he's made of gum haha. So much potentiel in this kid, of course I'm kind of a homer cause I'm french but I really like this kid.

He'll have no excuses as he's in a perfect game shape, he has to shine during preseason if we wants some playing time this year.
vinvin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2011-12 Atlanta Hawks preseason schedule

Now that the NBA lockout has come to an end, Pitt's undrafted senior class is getting a belated shot to make the league as undrafted free agents. First up is Brad Wanamaker to the Atlanta Hawks.

Wanamaker enters camp with what seems like a decent shot to make the Hawks; 15 man roster (via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution):

As it stands now, the Hawks are expected to have begin camp with 13 players on their roster, with nine of them on fully guaranteed contracts.

McGrady, Collins and Hinrich join guards Jeff Teague, Joe Johnson, Pape Sy and Brad Wanamaker; forwards Josh Smith, Magnum Rolle and Williams; and centers Zaza Pachulia, Keith Benson and Horford.

The contracts for Sy, Rolle, and Wanamaker are not fully guaranteed. Benson has yet to sign but, as a second-round draft pick, his contract will not be fully guaranteed.

Brad is waiting to get FIBA clearance after playing in Italy, but apparently there's a slight hold-up due to an Italian holiday.

I really hope Wanamaker can make the team. I saw him play in college and he's underrated.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: