Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Have any of you guys been racially profiled by the police?

I had my second true experience over the weekend. Me and some friends went to the lake for a stag party. All Filipino guys. We rented a boat to chill out on the lake. Beach was packed. Hundreds of boats on the lake and thousands of people on the shore. We're relaxing having fun when next thing you know the police pull up, siege and search the boat. After finding nothing on the boat asked us to tie up on shore. They called for back up and ran police checks on all of us.
    After finding nothing they start patronizing us and came up with the excuse that they just wanted to know all of us were safe wearing life jackets.
    I guess they were just "doing their jobs"

College superstar

Default Re: Have any of you guys been racially profiled by the police?

It should be a law that if the Police stop and search you they have to state the intent behind it. If they said "We're looking for someone/something in particular and had to carry out the necessary procedures" I'm sure no one would have a problem.

Saying they wanted to check your safety is a pure lie. I would say next time stand up for yourself however it would probably get you arrested.

Not racially, but I used to get pulled over constantly when I was 16-22, and never got a ticket. They'd tell me all sorts of lies about my tags being expired, or a tail light was out, try to search me and then say their computer was mistaken, or that it's working now. Once it was because I had a guitar case in the passenger seat. I remember him asking me what was in it and I told him: "I'll give you 3 guesses." Nearly gave me a ticket but thankfully his partner laughed.

I haven't been pulled over in 12 years and must have been 7-10 times my first few.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Not racially, but I used to get pulled over constantly when I was 16-22, and never got a ticket. They'd tell me all sorts of lies about my tags being expired, or a tail light was out, try to search me and then say their computer was mistaken, or that it's working now. Once it was because I had a guitar case in the passenger seat. I remember him asking me what was in it and I told him: "I'll give you 3 guesses." Nearly gave me a ticket but thankfully his partner laughed.

I haven't been pulled over in 12 years and must have been 7-10 times my first few.

I've gotten pulled over once in my life and that was driving with expired tags, (which they were expired). No other time was I pulled over in my life.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

They probably wanted to book you Deuce but were confused as to which jail to take you to...

anyway, females do have it the easiest when it comes to police issues...

All the time. I don't blame them though, I'd be jealous of me as well if I were them.

I've been stopped outside my own house for looking suspicious. I had my hood up because it was night time and cold

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

The first time I was pulled over, I had my hair cornrowed. It was between 1 and 2am, so I'm thinking all the cop could see was my silhouette. I was let off with a warning, probably after the cop saw I was a white guy.

No, but i used to get hoody profiled occasionally from the age of about 14. First time I was just standing and minding my own business waiting for my Dad outside a cafe nero (which just happened to be near a cash machine), and got accosted and searched in the middle of the street by a couple of wankers who claimed i'd been seen 'loitering by' an ATM on CCTV. It's not like it wasn't cold either (London in Autumn or Winter: can't remember exactly).

I've been stopped by police several times at night, driving, on foot, on bike. I'm brown, not black, with dark skin. No joke the cops would get closer, sometimes shine the flashlight on my face, and each time their demeanor and body language would immediately change once they realized I wasn't black.

I'm white from a predominantly white country, but once I took a pino friend with me. Cops pulled us over checked lens reflexes, asked for IDs and one of them was about to get portable drugtesters. Checking the IDs the other guy found out my friend's name being Dr. x y and they immediately excused themselves for their behaviour.

I once pulled over a police car, because they crossed lanes right infront of me. Instant drugtest for me..

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

All the time, specially when I was young.

5-time NBA All-Star

absolutely, but they are nice cops

really doesn't help that appearance wise i look like a cross breed between a latino thug and a jihadi terrorist.

thankfully my charm and verbal skills kinda neutralize the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    The first time I was pulled over, I had my hair cornrowed. It was between 1 and 2am, so I'm thinking all the cop could see was my silhouette. I was let off with a warning, probably after the cop saw I was a white guy.
    i dont believe this