Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Jeremy Lin Shoe Line

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    What is Melo's shoe? SIgnature?
    CP3, Melo, and Wade all have signature-lite lines under the Jordan banner. It's still essentially the Jordan name selling the shoe. I don't consider those official signature shoes.

Decent playground baller ballashotcalla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    I doubt he gets his own model shoe. The only people with actual SIG shoes for Nike that sell are

Kobes, LeBrons and Jordans (still their best seller)

Those are the only ones that sell in terms of sig shoes. You really think Lin has produced and made consumers confident enough to spend an extra $30 - $60 for a pair of sneakers?

You need to be a proven, dynamic LEGENDARY type superstar to get a signature shoe line that is BANKABLE and will sell consistently.

Nike will have to spend more money to create a signature shoe for him, and in turn if these standard PEs are $130 a sig shoe will be an extra $30 - $45 dollars tacked on to that price.

Are people paying that much for a Jermey Lin shoe? I think not.
    That's why Lebron signed a $90 million deal and had his own shoe before playing his first nba game, right.

Lin has the highest selling jersey right now. Who was the last player to have the highest selling jersey and not have their own shoe? Hasn't happened.

Lin will get his own shoe deal. It takes time to stamp out all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by ballashotcalla
    That's why Lebron signed a $90 million deal and had his own shoe before playing his first nba game, right.
    It was obvious to anyone with eyes by his junior year the kid was legit. He could've been a pro after his sophmore year of H.S.

Lin will get his own shoe deal. It takes time to stamp out all the details.
    All I'm saying is he would get it based on this current FADE and not based on on court potential / dominance.

It was obvious to anyone with eyes by his junior year the kid was legit. He could've been a pro after his sophmore year of H.S.
    So it doesn't have to do with "proven, dynamic LEGENDARY"?

All I'm saying is he would get it based on this current FADE and not based on on court potential / dominance.
    The court potential is what is making this deal happen.

Who bought his jerseys when he was on the bench? Who even knew he was in the league?

Who bought his jerseys when he was on the bench? Who even knew he was in the league?
    Probably for good reason, he wasn't good enough at the time. I can tell by your user registration, and the fact you're on Lin's balls like it was fortune cookie, that you just started watching pro basketball.

What LeBron was doing in HS showed promise of a bankable commodity on the NBA level, thus a signature shoe that would FOR SURE sell.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I thought he had a deal with Nike? Probably a peanuts deal where he gets free sneakers or something. But I heard he did sign with Nike when he was a rookie or something.

I hope he is getting money off all the money being made off him. Kid is getting pimped like a whore. Guy has a flavor of the month named after him, did he even get anything from that? I hope so. I hope he's not just getting his normal NBA deal and free kicks.
    Nike signed this guy for a bag of chips. His shoe deal is worth between 2-4 mil depending on how many sneakers he sells. Im sure he will make the 4 mil while Nike makes hundreds of millions off of him

Probably for good reason, he wasn't good enough at the time. I can tell by your user registration, and the fact you're on Lin's balls like it was fortune cookie, that you just started watching pro basketball.

What LeBron was doing in HS showed promise of a bankable commodity on the NBA level, thus a signature shoe that would FOR SURE sell.
    You're full of contradicting statements in this thread alone. Go back and read what you wrote.

What are you even trying to say?

I usually hit open layups

He had his Nike deal extended last week, and most probably boosted up

What are you even trying to say?
    That if Lin were to get a signature shoe off 2 weeks of play, it wouldn't be deserved based off the quality of player he is ... it would be based off asian influence, and tremendous hype. That's all. In essence, he's not deserving yet. Too much, too soon.

That if Lin were to get a signature shoe off 2 weeks of play, it wouldn't be deserved based off the quality of player he is ... it would be based off asian influence, and tremendous hype. That's all. In essence, he's not deserving yet. Too much, too soon.
    If it was asian influence, he already would've had his shoe deal before his performance.

It's his story that's selling it. Part of that is his performance and the fact he turned the Knicks around. It may be hype, but the people buying his gear is not asian people. It's white america.

People in China buying Lin gear are buying cheap knockoffs.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I doubt he gets his own model shoe. The only people with actual SIG shoes for Nike that sell are

Kobes, LeBrons and Jordans (still their best seller)

Those are the only ones that sell in terms of sig shoes. You really think Lin has produced and made consumers confident enough to spend an extra $30 - $60 for a pair of sneakers?

You need to be a proven, dynamic LEGENDARY type superstar to get a signature shoe line that is BANKABLE and will sell consistently.

Nike will have to spend more money to create a signature shoe for him, and in turn if these standard PEs are $130 a sig shoe will be an extra $30 - $45 dollars tacked on to that price.

Are people paying that much for a Jermey Lin shoe? I think not.
    I think history is not a good predictive indicator of what will happen with the Jeremy Lin case. Never before has a guy who has come from the end of the bench to starter has become so popular. And let's face it, what you do on the court matters less than how you can be marketed off the court. People love this story, they can't get enough of it. Nike would be stupid not to capitalize on this hype right now. Even if they do a one or two time release of a signature shoe, it can be very profitable. If you analyzed the basketball market, it has surely grown with the popularity of Jeremy Lin. My aunt, who hasn't owned cable in 15 years, purchased cabled to just watch Jeremy Lin. And that story is very consistent. There's a new demographic of people who have entered the basketball market because of Jeremy Lin. Any smart business man would mobilize and capture this new market before they are swayed elsewhere.

Also, let's also not deny that a lot of this new market place is in the Asian American community, who have size able pockets. They may be more than willing than to fork over a pretty penny for Jeremy Lin merchandise.

Yes the Flip Murray case is applicable to what he was doing on the court in comparison to Jeremy...but from a marketing and merchandising stand point, it's not even close to a comparison.

This is about $$$, not about whether or not he's a superstar on the basketball court.

Lin is not a superstar. Not even a star. Not yet.

But his performance is the driving force behind his marketability. That is very clear.

If you guys can't see this, you need to stop drinking haterade.