Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The time has come for me to shatter the Myths of Wilt Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    The little guy in the middle was one of the average white centers that Wilt faced in the 60's...John Wooden, I believe. That is why he set all those records. And, as Abe mentioned...you put Wilt, at his peak, on an average high school team today, and he would be riding the bench.
    horrible post all around

Pretty obvious he was referring to Russell.

Footage and stories prove that Wilt was great in his day and should be regarded as one of the greatest players/centers of all time. Some footage (couldnt watch btw, Im at work) of him getting his shots blocked, getting dunked on, or missing free throws doesnt change much.

Wilt was never an invincible, perfect basketball player. Nobody is, was, ever will be.

National High School Star dough's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    horrible post all around
    He'll claim he was joking.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 6thManOfTheYear
    i heard wilt once slam dunked a ball so hard they had to postpone the game because it went through the floor and came back on the other side of the world.
    Source?

Local High School Star

Default Re: The Time Has Come for Me to Shatter the Myths of Wilt Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    First off, let me say I respect Wilt. I believe he was a great athlete. Great player. Arguably the GOAT. Top 5 All-Time etc. Yet, these persistent tall tales that have turned him into a Paul Bunyan like figure need to stop.

What better way to demonstrate than using Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. A guy who anyone over the age of 30 holds in the same regard as Chamberlain or any of the other top 5-6 all-time players. Yet is chronically underrated on forums dominated by young bucks who have fed on the stories and numbers of Chamberlain.

Yes. I know Wilt was past his prime. I know he blocked the skyhook and held his own. Yet consider: Some of these tall tales Say Wilt could have played in the NBA in his 50's. That was considering comebacks in the 80's. Outplaying current All-Stars a decade into his retirement.

Yet...here we are. A fresh skinny Jabbar blocking Chamberlain dunks at point blank range when Chamberlain was the strongest and heaviest in his career. A man who supposedly broke feet just with the force of the ball going through the rim. Posterizing Wilt, a man who supposedly didnt let ANYONE posterize him without some tough payback.

Just watch the clips. Look with your own eyes. Chamberlain was human:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lysfZ_fo9k8

58 seconds - Massive point blank rejection of Wilt.

2:03 - Blocks a monster Wilt dunk attempt at point blank range. Off balance and with his back to Wilt no less.

3:35 blocks Wilt twice down low.

3:50. Gigantic posterization on Wilt.

Regular game angle of same dunk in this video at 1:15 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRkcq...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDf99...eature=related

2:11 Another massive facial on Wilt. Followed by another huge dunk he is helpless to stop.

Now...there's a clip out there where Wilt blocks the skyhook TWICE on one play back to back. Which is really all you need to know that he would hold his own in any era. He was able to hold his own past his prime against a modern legend like Jabbar.

However, did Kareems hand break when he blocked Wilt's dunk? Did Wilt send him flying halfway across the court instead of getting posterized? Heaven forbid, someone physically holding their own against Wilt. The point here is that these clips show that he wasn't some being chiseled from stone, and not to believe everything you read.
    Man, what myths you actually shatter :)?
    - First myth - If someone try to dunk on Wilt will have his hand necessary broken? first time I hear something like that.
    - Second myth - No one dunked ever on Wilt !!! - Kareem was not the first player to dunk over Wilt - if you read carefully you will find articles that it happens to Wilt before Kareem arrival.
    - Third myth - Wilt was some kind of stone man (immortal) - it was only expression - Wilt was human and he passed away as all living creatures do.
    Not one of those myths ever existed, to be shattered.

Banned

Wait? Wilt Chamberlain wasn't real??

Wilt Chamberlain played russian roulette with a fully loaded gun and won

Wilt Chamberlain can divide by zero

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by julizaver
    - Second myth - No one dunked ever on Wilt !!! - Kareem was not the first player to dunk over Wilt - if you read carefully you will find articles that it happens to Wilt before Kareem arrival.
    Indeed, in his own words Elgin dunked over him one time and he was still losing sleep over it a couple decades later.

Of course quite a few have heard what happened to Gus Johnson following his attempt of a second dunk on the big man. 1:34 mark below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlVbOUxQ_og

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    horrible post all around

Pretty obvious he was referring to Russell.

Footage and stories prove that Wilt was great in his day and should be regarded as one of the greatest players/centers of all time. Some footage (couldnt watch btw, Im at work) of him getting his shots blocked, getting dunked on, or missing free throws doesnt change much.

Wilt was never an invincible, perfect basketball player. Nobody is, was, ever will be.
    He WAS joking. Trying to make a joke about people saying the reason wilt was good was because it was against short white people.

-Smak

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Not when I saw him

I figured this is as good a place as any to post this rare pic of Shaq, Jabbar, Chamberlain, Russell, Walton, and coach Woodson

I have this pic signed by all of them

** Great pic of the greats , that is for sure
    Last edited by Jasper; 04-21-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Another rare pic of Shaq and Wilt, Ewing is also in it.
    Damn, it's Patrick Ewing not Jamal Magloiree.

Wilt Chamberlain beat Prime Chuck Norris.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Ewing / Shaq shorts ----- > Jordan era

Wilt laughs at the idea of Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris agrees with Wilt.

First off, let me say I respect Wilt. I believe he was a great athlete. Great player. Arguably the GOAT. Top 5 All-Time etc. Yet, these persistent tall tales that have turned him into a Paul Bunyan like figure need to stop.

What better way to demonstrate than using Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. A guy who anyone over the age of 30 holds in the same regard as Chamberlain or any of the other top 5-6 all-time players. Yet is chronically underrated on forums dominated by young bucks who have fed on the stories and numbers of Chamberlain.

Yes. I know Wilt was past his prime. I know he blocked the skyhook and held his own. Yet consider: Some of these tall tales Say Wilt could have played in the NBA in his 50's. That was considering comebacks in the 80's. Outplaying current All-Stars a decade into his retirement.

Yet...here we are. A fresh skinny Jabbar blocking Chamberlain dunks at point blank range when Chamberlain was the strongest and heaviest in his career. A man who supposedly broke feet just with the force of the ball going through the rim. Posterizing Wilt, a man who supposedly didnt let ANYONE posterize him without some tough payback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lysfZ_fo9k8

58 seconds - Massive point blank rejection of Wilt.

2:03 - Blocks a monster Wilt dunk attempt at point blank range. Off balance and with his back to Wilt no less.

3:35 blocks Wilt twice down low.

3:50. Gigantic posterization on Wilt.

Regular game angle of same dunk in this video at 1:15 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRkcq...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDf99...eature=related

2:11 Another massive facial on Wilt. Followed by another huge dunk he is helpless to stop.

Now...there's a clip out there where Wilt blocks the skyhook TWICE on one play back to back. Which is really all you need to know that he would hold his own in any era. He was able to hold his own past his prime against a modern legend like Jabbar.

However, did Kareems hand break when he blocked Wilt's dunk? Did Wilt send him flying halfway across the court instead of getting posterized? Heaven forbid, someone physically holding their own against Wilt. The point here is that these clips show that he wasn't some being chiseled from stone, and not to believe everything you read.

NBA scouts for about half a dozen teams throughout the 1980's were the ones who wanted Chamberlain to play again. Not Wilt Chamberlain's fanboys, nor even Wilt Chamberlain himself (because obviously... he didn't take them up on the offers). Off the top of my head I know the Cavaliers, and the Nets were offering him contracts - Cavs in the early 80's and the Nets as late as 1988.

It isn't a myth. And everyone get's dunked on, and FYI that is MVP Kareem, and Kareem is a ****ing legend of course he can dunk on anyone and of course he got dunked on too. So could/did Wilt. So could/did Shaq. So could/did Jordan etc.

The myths are when people over-exaggerate or don't get the stories straight. Think of the game of telephone as a kid - where you pass one piece of information through to the next person and after enough passes the last person to say the information is going to have something word-for-word that is different than the original story.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 02-27-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Wilt is himself a myth, there is no evidence supporting his existence other than Illuminati fabricated legends.