Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Cool Graphics: Lebron vs MJ vs Kobe at age 29

Kobe if in the same context as LeBron pre 2013, or MJ pre 1992 at the ages of 29 without a Shaquille O'Neal?

Would definitely have better stats. Still wouldn't have any MVPs, and would definitely not have 3 championships.

It's kind of obvious, that even if tied for MJ as most skilled of the three, he's the worst player of these three guys in terms of both individual production and it's affect on winning team basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorleone
    If you're comparing, you should start from the same age. I'm not a fan of any of these guys, but it's a stupid comparison

Also, MJ and Kobe won with the only teams they had ever played for, no piggy-backing

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Kobe if in the same context as LeBron pre 2013, or MJ pre 1992 at the ages of 29. Would definitely have better stats. Still wouldn't have any MVPs, and would definitely not have 3 championships. It's kind of obvious, that even if tied for MJ as most skilled of the three, he's the worst player of these three guys.

Kobe if in the same context as LeBron pre 2013, or MJ pre 1992 at the ages of 29. Would definitely have better stats. Still wouldn't have any MVPs, and would definitely not have 3 championships. It's kind of obvious, that even if tied for MJ as most skilled of the three, he's the worst player of these three guys.
    Wait how do you know this? Give Kobe a good defensive team like Lebron had in Cleveland especially 07 and Kobe would get MVPs and scoring titles, and I think he could have won a ring with Lebron's 07 cast given the competition that year and if he is at least 22 years old. His team would be locking the opposition down including his ability to play defense better than Bran and on offense you already know what he brings.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorleone
    rebounding

court vision

basketball IQ

athleticism

Lebron is better than MJ at all of the above too.
    All debatable except for the bolded...

Decent playground baller catquickspider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    They also all have very similar story lines as well.

MJ lost many times to detroit and boston before he created his 'super team' to finally get over the hump.

Kobe also lost many times to the Kings and Spurs before a combination of Kobe/Shaq/Rick Fox/Horry etc finally got over the hump too

Lebron was 'owning' his conference before the big 3 teamed up (KG, PP, Ray) and he then needed his own team to eventually win it all as well.
    That is not similar at all.

Lebron was the only one that needed a super team to win.

It's kind of obvious, that even if tied for MJ as most skilled of the three, he's the worst player of these three guys in terms of both individual production and it's affect on winning team basketball.
    is that why Kobe has more rings than Jabron?

Jabron's impressive stats have led to 2 rings and needed a super team to do it. Kobe won 2 rings with a lesser team and with less impressive stats.

stats don't tell the whole story
    Last edited by catquickspider; 02-08-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Wait how do you know this? Give Kobe a good defensive team like Lebron had in Cleveland especially 07 and Kobe would get MVPs and scoring titles, and I think he could have won a ring with Lebron's 07 cast given the competition that year and if he is at least 22 years old. His team would be locking the opposition down including his ability to play defense better than Bran and on offense you already know what he brings.
    That's actually a really solid point. You came correct. I flip flop on these two admittedly, all the time on their rank, or standing in the game's history.

Kobe's game compared to Bron pre 2012 was more conducive, even at comparable young ages of say early 20's to winning basketball in the playoffs. His scoring skill, post game, jumper, foot work, mid range junior mints version of Jordan's game is where you win in the playoffs.

And where LeBron was exposed in the 2007 Finals, 2008 v.s. Boston, 2010 v.s. Boston, and the final straw ... the 2011 Finals.

Where as LeBron's style pre 2012 before he developed a form of a mid range / post game was more built for putting up crazy regular season stats, being a ball dominant super freak athlete PG / SF hybrid.

I have a tough time deciding between these two. Both are great, and both kind of let downs at times or in certain situations. Kobe v.s. LeBron will be historically tough to decide. I don't see LeBron winning any rings after this year. It will be extremely difficult even this year. I doubt he gets 5. Kobe's got the rings, Bron's got the MVPs. It's tough. It's similar to the dichotomy between Magic and Jordan, before MJ ended the debate by also winning a ton of championships.

There may never be a definitive answer between Kobe v.s. LeBron. Just preference at the end of the day. Both kind of have odd arguments over one another in different circumstances. Both have had massive success, both have had massive failures. LeBron's the team first guy in playing style, but has more individual accolades. Kobe, the more selfish player actually has more team success ... even being able to fit his talents into an all-time great team as a second option facilitator.

Decent playground baller catquickspider's Avatar

That's actually a really solid point. You came correct. I flip flop on these two admittedly, all the time on their rank, or standing in the game's history.

Kobe's game compared to Bron pre 2012 was more conducive, even at comparable young ages of say early 20's to winning basketball in the playoffs. His scoring skill, post game, jumper, foot work, mid range junior mints version of Jordan's game is where you win in the playoffs.

And where LeBron was exposed in the 2007 Finals, 2008 v.s. Boston, 2010 v.s. Boston, and the final straw ... the 2011 Finals.

Where as LeBron's style pre 2012 before he developed a form of a mid range / post game was more built for putting up crazy regular season stats, being a ball dominant super freak athlete PG / SF hybrid.

I have a tough time deciding between these two. Both are great, and both kind of let downs at times or in certain situations. Kobe v.s. LeBron will be historically tough to decide. I don't see LeBron winning any rings after this year. It will be extremely difficult even this year. I doubt he gets 5. Kobe's got the rings, Bron's got the MVPs. It's tough. It's similar to the dichotomy between Magic and Jordan, before MJ ended the debate by also winning a ton of championships.

There may never be a definitive answer between Kobe v.s. LeBron. Just preference at the end of the day. Both kind of have odd arguments over one another in different circumstances. Both have had massive success, both have had massive failures. LeBron's the team first guy in playing style, but has more individual accolades. Kobe, the more selfish player actually has more team success ... even being able to fit his talents into an all-time great team as a second option facilitator.
    good post

it will be interesting how Lebron does next year with a lesser team and his age catching up to him

I think if Lebron wins his 3rd finals MVP. This is no longer a worthy comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I think if Lebron wins his 3rd finals MVP. This is no longer a worthy comparison.
    In pure resume? Sure. But in context? Not necessarily. Especially considering how he won his rings, who they came with, the relative total vacuum sucking up all meaningful competition on the way to a ring in a historically weak conference with major injuries.

This season, with Indiana staring them down for an epic trilogy rematch in the conference finals. Given how stacked they are, and possessing all the tools that is Miami's greatest weaknesses. LeBron will have to perform on a legendary scale to win this year.

2014's ring, if LeBron and co win it again will hold the most weight IMO out of all of them. 2011 would've been their best had he not gone on ghost status because he was shook for not having a reliable mid range / post game to score against great defense.

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Mj and Kobe won all of their rings as the main scoring options. Lebron's .5 rings came as Wade's sidekick, and most of the time is the Batgirl to Wade and Bosh. The Cavs won 0 rings before Lebron, and 0 with him. The Heat won 1 ring without Lebron, and .5 in spite of him.

That's actually a really solid point. You came correct.

I have a tough time deciding between these two. Both are great, and both kind of let downs at times or in certain situations. Kobe v.s. LeBron will be historically tough to decide. I don't see LeBron winning any rings after this year. It will be extremely difficult even this year I doubt he gets 5. Kobe's got the rings, Bron's got the MVPs. It's tough. It's similar to the dichotomy between Magic and Jordan, before MJ ended the debate by also winning a ton of championships.
    Comparing them individually I just don't think Lebron was as good as Kobe because I can't imagine a team giving Kobe wide open jumpers like Lebron had in the 2013 Finals. Here was James at his peak averaging 57%FG for the season but shoots 45% while being open? Lets remember that Lebron could not score for the first couple games of that series. It wasn't until game 4 that he scored over 20 points. This is supposed to be peak Lebron he didn't impress me enough to be better than Kobe. And before someone posts his stats in games 6 and. 7, save it because I watched those games and he was shook in game 6 being 3/14 thru 3 quarters if I remember correctly and for some reason I don't know why Popovich rests his starters for the start of the 4th (biggest mistake that cost them the series imo) instead of going for the kill and Lebron got going. And Game 7 Lebron put up huge numbers but he finally started hitting those open jumpers the spurs were giving him, he must have nailed at least 5 wide open 3s that game. And I know they give him room because he is such a good driver to the basket, but still not impressed enough. I feel that Kobe's game is not limited like Lebron's. Sure Kobe can shoot bad sometimes but even with that, his offensive game is stronger than Lebron's given his superiority on the perimeter.