Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: SNL's Jeremy Lin sketch

Quote Originally Posted by linZoMourning
    is anyone seriously offended by that sketch?? go kill yourself lmao

this

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Black people are easily the most sensitive group?

Black women are easily the strongest group of people on the planet my ancestors put up with shit that would have broken most people. Even these days, if white people got treated like blacks they'd be crying and bitching and moaning all goddamn day.

"White people" complain and bitch and moan and protest over every damn thing and what's worse is you complain and blame everything but the western culture that YOUR ancestors created. It's ****ing crazy.

If black people are sensitive, outrageous, outspoken, etc, etc, it's because America made us that way. My pops was the first man in my lineage to have the opportunity to go to college. When he was born blacks weren't allowed to go to his state college.

You couldn't put yourself in my shoes, I wouldn't put myself in yours or claim to know your personal struggle. You don't even KNOW (and I mean a deeper form of knowing) black people. If you think there is inequity in America in FAVOR of blacks you're an idiot beyond educating.
    Talk to 'em!

As an aside, the sketch was funny as ****. The Kobe beef - chicken bit deaded me for a minute
    Last edited by boxclever; 02-19-2012 at 05:41 PM.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Great post. All you have to do is watch the Roots mini-series to get a snapshot of what we, as a people, had to endure. Watch that, and then tell why Black people shouldn't have a chip on their shoulder. This past week's Whitney Houston coverage is a perfect example of why I stopped fncking with the "Main Stream" media.
    Jews have been persecuted far logner than black people, but even they aren't as sensitive to the whole thing...

And what "you as a people" had to endure is the mentality that is the ****ing problem in the first place. It's the "we as a people" mentality that leads to racism and discrimination in the first place.

Everyone is an individual, just because your ancestors have been wronged in the past should have absolutely no bearing on how people should and shouldn't treat you now in the present, especially since you weren't even around back then.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarip

And what "you as a people" had to endure is the mentality that is the ****ing problem in the first place. It's the "we as a people" mentality that leads to racism and discrimination in the first place.
    If I've read this right, you're putting racism on black folk, amirite?

Is this 2012 or have I time travelled back to the 60s? smdh...

I've got no more words for you. Stew in your ignorance, stupidity and small mindedness

Quote Originally Posted by boxclever
    If I've read this right, you're putting racism on black folk, amirite?

Is this 2012 or have I time travelled back to the 60s? smdh...

I've got no more words for you. Stew in your ignorance, stupidity and small mindedness
    If you're going to act sanctimonious you can at least talk like an intelligent adult.

Black women are easily the strongest group of people on the planet my ancestors put up with shit that would have broken most people. Even these days, if white people got treated like blacks they'd be crying and bitching and moaning all goddamn day.

"White people" complain and bitch and moan and protest over every damn thing and what's worse is you complain and blame everything but the western culture that YOUR ancestors created. It's ****ing crazy.

If black people are sensitive, outrageous, outspoken, etc, etc, it's because America made us that way. My pops was the first man in my lineage to have the opportunity to go to college. When he was born blacks weren't allowed to go to his state college.

You couldn't put yourself in my shoes, I wouldn't put myself in yours or claim to know your personal struggle. You don't even KNOW (and I mean a deeper form of knowing) black people. If you think there is inequity in America in FAVOR of blacks you're an idiot beyond educating.
    You're upset that someone is generalizing your race and what do you do in response? You generalize an entire race. You're no better than the people you castigate and you sound very much like a racist yourself and someone who enjoys playing the victim whatever chance you get.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    If you're going to act sanctimonious you can at least talk like an intelligent adult.
    I'm on the internet, could not give a ****. It's not that serious to me, I know what time it is

Quote Originally Posted by boxclever
    I'm on the internet, could not give a ****. It's not that serious to me, I know what time it is
    Don't expect to be taken seriously then.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarip
    Jews have been persecuted far logner than black people, but even they aren't as sensitive to the whole thing...

Everyone is an individual, just because your ancestors have been wronged in the past should have absolutely no bearing on how people should and shouldn't treat you now in the present, especially since you weren't even around back then.
    Dude, I'm not talking about "Back Then". Racist sh!t still happens in 2012, in case you didn't know. And this isn't a contest about who's been persecuted, but how we "As a People" still continue to get treated, yet are expected to just smile and nod and accept racism, Institutional and otherwise, as being "fun".

What, you don't think people have family members who have had to endure racist bullsh!t remarks, slights and violence even in the not-to-distant past or something? Hurricane Katrina ring a bell son?

In an Ideal world, we would all like be looked at as individuals more often. So far it's not happening.

Banned

Boohoo, every single type of people has been enslaved. While its true that blacks were enslaved not very long ago, they were also enslaved for a very short amount of time compared to other people. Your ancestors put up with shit that would break most people? I ****ing lol'd. 300 years is practically nothing, its a natural progression (discover group of people > enslave them > free them and they join civilized society) and 300 years is not grounds to say black people suffered more than any other group of people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery

check it out buddy.. try 1000 or 3000 yrs of slavery before you become the "people that survived what would have broken most" ... and lol at saying if black people are sensitive outragous etc its because of america, how about you take a look at war ravaged and famined africa? You think you live worse in america? Go look at what africa is if you think your people here have it bad because of the big bad white guys.
    Last edited by RazorBaLade; 02-19-2012 at 07:36 PM.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Dude, I'm not talking about "Back Then". Racist sh!t still happens in 2012, in case you didn't know. And this isn't a contest about who's been persecuted, but how we "As a People" still continue to get treated, yet are expected to just smile and nod and accept racism, Institutional and otherwise, as being "fun".
    Tons of racism is a result of anti-discrimination regulations back-firing. Racism is bad not because it's racism, but because of people hurting others because of it.

The truth is, whoever was getting replied to like 2 pages ago was right... That ESPN writer, Whitlock or w.e would have gotten FIRED if he made a racist remark about black people, but since he made it about Asians he simply apologized, and everyone moved on like nothing happened, why the double-standard?

What, you don't think people have family members who have had to endure racist bullsh!t remarks, slights and violence even in the not-to-distant past or something? Hurricane Katrina ring a bell son?
    Violence as a result of Katrina wasn't because of racism, as for racist remarks, well some people will always be racist, you can't stop people from hating others, some people hate gingers, some people hate people with squeeky voices, if they're making insulting remarks as a result of that, yeah they're being douchebags, if they're hurting other people then they're committing a crime and should be charged with that, not because they're hurting an individual of a different race, but because it's a crime.

In an Ideal world, we would all like be looked at as individuals more often. So far it's not happening.
    Yeah, but if a group of racists stereotypes, or bunches up a lot of people of a race together, how are the people of that race helping their cause by trying to separate themselves from the rest of the individuals, collectivizing themselves so to speak... they're doing the racists' job for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Boohoo, every single type of people has been enslaved. While its true that blacks were enslaved not very long ago, they were also enslaved for a very short amount of time compared to other people. Your ancestors put up with shit that would break most people? I ****ing lol'd. 300 years is practically nothing, its a natural progression (discover group of people > enslave them > free them and they join civilized society) and 300 years is not grounds to say black people suffered more than any other group of people.

check it out buddy.. try 1000 or 3000 yrs of slavery before you become the "people that survived what would have broken most" ... and lol at saying if black people are sensitive outragous etc its because of america, how about you take a look at war ravaged and famined africa? You think you live worse in america? Go look at what africa is if you think your people here have it bad because of the big bad white guys.
    Ethered.

now espn fired the guy who wrote ***** in the armour
    http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7...y-lin-comments

overreact much

they still have van gundy and hubie brown fukking up games with mouth-diarrea....fire them old fools insted

Last edited by tomtucker; 02-19-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    I'm middle class and everything he said is accurate. It's not about "privilege" it's about "Over sensitivity" Stop mixing the two and actually make a point for once. I swear this is exactly like the Nash threads where you bring up irrelevant things but don't make a point.
    Everything he said is accurate to you.

It is about privilege. Whites can't see past their nose these days.and to say that blacks, after all the injustices we endured are over sensitive is ridiculous. You must not pay attention to the million stories about whites complaining about everything under the sun....you didn't grow up like I did, hell, if you are in fact black I bet you were raised just like a white boy and groomed like one too.....nothing wrong with that but don't speak on blacks like you know what's accurate when you don't know squat.

As far as the Nash threads, you're showing your true hoe colors. You a hoe stud. My point was that I'd rather have a pg that plays defense well because that's my personal style. I recognize his talent but don't like his game. If that's hurts your keen sensibilities then that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade

Africa is in shambles because of blacks or because whites stole all the resources and land? Is it not fair to say that the ruling class in Europe made a killing doing shady things to Africans?

If you think that every race has faced the horrors of chattel slavery you need to read more.

And I said black women. Show me a race of women that put up with the physical and psychological abuse they did.

It was a unique situation.