Banned

Default Michael Strahan to Good Morning America

Big daps to him. He went from Super Bowl winner to the Fox Alpha Male pre-game show, to Live and now he is on to Good Morning America. Supposedly him and Ripa have beef because she's jealous of his quick rise to one of the premiere morning shows in America.

I don't watch any of these shows but its great reading about it.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/13/medi...ow-kelly-ripa/

Banned

Default Re: Michael Strahan came up...

RESPEK IN HIS NAME

Props to Strahan, another great American who came up through hard work and talent. The perfect representation of the American dream

Based as f*ck.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Strahan came up...

What's with the fake riff about him leaving Live?

Banned

Default Re: Michael Strahan to Good Morning America

Real men have prevailed in this world. We already won. Can't hold us back.

...but...but...they are jocks and dunmies....

Alpha success

Also came from an alpha male setting and was a success in the mainstream....

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Big daps to him. He went from Super Bowl winner to the Fox Alpha Male pre-game show, to Live and now he is on to Good Morning America. Supposedly him and Ripa have beef because she's jealous of his quick rise to one of the premiere morning shows in America.

I don't watch any of these shows but its great reading about it.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/13/medi...ow-kelly-ripa/

I'm a Bear fan, but from the NY area, and many of my friends are Giant fans, and I'm just a huge football guy in general, and that's my local coverage ...

anyway, if you follow football like I do, the guy I think about whenever I see Strahan moving up the ladder like this, is Tiki Barber. Tiki retired early, and actively announced that he did so in order to pursue a career in the media, which he promptly got a job on the NBC Pre Game show for Sunday Nights, which was awful, and he was particularly awful at it. It's one of those things that I'm not sure people remember unless they were big football people from the NY area at the time.

That NBC show was horrible. They had like three anchors. Olberman, Dan Patrick, and Bob Costas, who seemed to be there mostly because NBC doesn't know what to do with him between Olympics and Horse Races, and I'm sure pay him an assload of money. Then they had so many other football guys on set, I remember it looking like Hollywood Squares.

I always think how badly Tiki flamed out after pronouncing his intentions, where like you said, Strahan seemed to come out of nowhere.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I'm a Bear fan, but from the NY area, and many of my friends are Giant fans, and I'm just a huge football guy in general, and that's my local coverage ...

anyway, if you follow football like I do, the guy I think about whenever I see Strahan moving up the ladder like this, is Tiki Barber. Tiki retired early, and actively announced that he did so in order to pursue a career in the media, which he promptly got a job on the NBC Pre Game show for Sunday Nights, which was awful, and he was particularly awful at it. It's one of those things that I'm not sure people remember unless they were big football people from the NY area at the time.

That NBC show was horrible. They had like three anchors. Olberman, Dan Patrick, and Bob Costas, who seemed to be there mostly because NBC doesn't know what to do with him between Olympics and Horse Races, and I'm sure pay him an assload of money. Then they had so many other football guys on set, I remember it looking like Hollywood Squares.

I always think how badly Tiki flamed out after pronouncing his intentions, where like you said, Strahan seemed to come out of nowhere.
    I watched the ESPN 30 for 30 with the Barber brothers, and Tiki came off as a huge condescending pretentious @ss, and an uncharismatic one at that. After he retired he still thew shots at his former team, criticizing Eli Manning.

Strahan seems like a great guy though, all the best to him.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

I remember that. There was one set with about 4-5 analysts. Then a few minutes later they would switch over to a 6-man set. That's too many people with opinions.