Default Anyone here use dashcams?

https://www.amazon.com/DBPOWER-W20-C...hcams+for+cars

Just picked up two along with two 32GB SD cards.

Father told me he almost killed some guy because the driver ran a red light seconds after it turned red on his way to work in the morning. It's a good insurance policy to have. The one I just picked up is 1080p wide angle.

Default Re: Anyone here use dashcams?

Quote Originally Posted by Draz

Father told me he almost killed some guy because the driver ran a red light seconds after it turned red on his way to work in the morning. It's a good insurance policy to have. The one I just picked up is 1080p wide angle.
    I was thinking about it but didn't know if that makes it a target for thieves like radar detectors are.

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm
    I was thinking about it but didn't know if that makes it a target for thieves like radar detectors are.
    Well, I believe you can detach it after. These days, dashcams seem to be more and more common. No one even uses gps anymore. If someone is breaking into your car, I'd see that it was bound to happen because of the neighborhood you're living in anyways.

It's definitely something everyone should have. Investing in one can save you thousands. Also beneficial in proving your case against cops if you were guilty or not for running red lights, stop signs, etc.

bro, some idiot on a bike came out of my blindside as i was turning. crosswalk was a no-go for him as i had the right of way to turn. i stomped on the breaks just in time but when i honked at this douche, he laughs and tells me to come at him. m'fer if i wasn't late to work i would.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    bro, some idiot on a bike came out of my blindside as i was turning. crosswalk was a no-go for him as i had the right of way to turn. i stomped on the breaks just in time but when i honked at this douche, he laughs and tells me to come at him. m'fer if i wasn't late to work i would.
    Eh. I don't know how this would be useful in terms of pedestrians (other than the ones walking into your car purposefully for insurance fraud), bikes are harder to prove and they'll almost always be right.

Well, I believe you can detach it after. These days, dashcams seem to be more and more common. No one even uses gps anymore. If someone is breaking into your car, I'd see that it was bound to happen because of the neighborhood you're living in anyways.

It's definitely something everyone should have. Investing in one can save you thousands. Also beneficial in proving your case against cops if you were guilty or not for running red lights, stop signs, etc.
    Yea, I know you can detach, but it seems like a hassle. I would actually prefer one that is integrated into my car so that's it's not easily accessible.