Question Biggest Badass on ISH?

I vote UK2K.

Highly sought after mercenary. Private contractor. Secret Desert Storm Ops in the Middle East (Military Name: South-West Asia). Performed over 100 high profile "Snatch and grabs". Has piloted Apache's and Black Hawks over Baghdad. Has a huge bodycount. Rumor has it he trained on "The Farm" (CIA)

Default Re: Biggest Badass on ISH?

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Private contractor.
    If I didn't have a girlfriend, that's what I'd be doing right now. Applied for a private contracting job through Triple Canopy last month, made it past the initial introductions and background checks and then...

Had to turn it down. The amount of bitching I heard from my girlfriend and my grandma was enough.

Wouldn't it be nice, though? To work 10 years and retire? Think I may get back into the contracting (stateside though, PSD work would be preferable but I would do static surveillance for the right price) for a bit and then go on to be an instructor somewhere. That's way more fun that office work.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    If I didn't have a girlfriend, that's what I'd be doing right now. Applied for a private contracting job through Triple Canopy last month, made it past the initial introductions and background checks and then...

Had to turn it down. The amount of bitching I heard from my girlfriend and my grandma was enough.

Wouldn't it be nice, though? To work 10 years and retire? Think I may get back into the contracting (stateside though, PSD work would be preferable but I would do static surveillance for the right price) for a bit and then go on to be an instructor somewhere. That's way more fun that office work.
    Whereabouts location wise do most mercs work these days? Is it all Middle East? How's the money as well

Whereabouts location wise do most mercs work these days? Is it all Middle East? How's the money as well
    Most (as in probably 70%) of jobs are in Iraq. A few in Afghanistan, but not many (we're more or less ignoring Afghanistan these days).

Occasionally, you'll find openings for positions in Africa, but there's nothing there really worth shit (so no reason to be there to begin with). You can also find jobs in Europe, although they don't pay nearly as well.

When I was going through the process, I was told ~$89k until your training is over (4 months), after that, ~$119k a year for 3 months over, 3 weeks back. That's your first time. Most guys will do this for two years or so, and then move on to either more dangerous positions or more specialized positions (personal security detail) that pay closer to $200k.

   

Biggest Badass on ISH?
    almost certainly someone who doesn't post much or isn't widely known.