Page 1 of 63 12341151 ... LastLast

Default NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

NBA Superstar

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

This could be a solid addition if it's incorporated into the game itself (Association, Season, etc.). If it's a stand alone DLC feature, enjoyment could be limited and short lived.

Not airballing my layups anymore LOGoods7's Avatar

Sounds kinda cool but still will not buy this game unless the gameplay is fixed..

Banned

Cool we get to pay for features from previous 2K games that were taken out for no apparent reason. I'm so stoked.

Awesome if they add it to MY Player

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Cool we get to pay for features from previous 2K games that were taken out for no apparent reason. I'm so stoked.
    I've never pre-ordered. Does it really require an additional fee? I thought it was just five dollars down toward the total price?

Then again, I suppose you'd be right if you're talking about the folks who don't pre-order but still want the All-Star Weekend DLC. In that case, I can see a charge coming alongside. I'm at least hoping it works on a first-come, first-serve basis, so I can choose not to pre-order and still receive an ASW code if I pick it up the first day.

Also, if I had to guess, I'm betting the original, outdoor street Slam Dunk contest was removed from 2K so it could be re-tooled and turned into something NBA legitimate. I suppose we'll have to wait for more information in order to discover what they changed and how they changed it, but creating an indoor, official All-Star Weekend setup is a big step up from the streetball thing.

/thread

Call me when they decide to make a good basketball game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I've never pre-ordered. Does it really require an additional fee? I thought it was just five dollars down toward the total price?

Then again, I suppose you'd be right if you're talking about the folks who don't pre-order but still want the All-Star Weekend DLC. In that case, I can see a charge coming alongside. I'm at least hoping it works on a first-come, first-serve basis, so I can choose not to pre-order and still receive an ASW code if I pick it up the first day.

Also, if I had to guess, I'm betting the original, outdoor street Slam Dunk contest was removed from 2K so it could be re-tooled and turned into something NBA legitimate. I suppose we'll have to wait for more information in order to discover what they changed and how they changed it, but creating an indoor, official All-Star Weekend setup is a big step up from the streetball thing.
    To answer your question, it's $5 towards the price. Those who don't preorder will have to pay more for the DLC later after 2K decides to release it which makes me think that it won't be online compatible.

But the price or the fact that you have to preorder isn't the issue. It's a matter of principle. We aren't talking something extra and brand new that's being introduced like a weapons pack DLC or an extra mission or something. All-Star Weekend is an annual, official NBA event. It's like paying for the inclusion of the draft in 2K.

They could have just fixed the Blacktop stuff and called it All-Star weekend. But they're reselling us something that we've already had and that is supposed to already be in the game. Also, I have a feeling that it'll be a stand-alone mode like the Legends Showcase for 2K12. In addition, there's no talk of this being for Vita or PC (figures, they don't give 2 shits about PC gamers).
    Last edited by Mr. I'm So Rad; 05-30-2012 at 07:25 PM.

NBA Superstar

To answer your question, it's $5 towards the price. Those who don't preorder will have to pay more for the DLC later after 2K decides to release it which makes me think that it won't be online compatible.

But the price or the fact that you have to preorder isn't the issue. It's a matter of principle. We aren't talking something extra and brand new that's being introduced like a weapons pack DLC or an extra mission or something. All-Star Weekend is an annual, official NBA event. It's like paying for the inclusion of the draft in 2K.

They could have just fixed the Blacktop stuff and called it All-Star weekend. But they're reselling us something that we've already had and that is supposed to already be in the game. Also, I have a feeling that it'll be a stand-alone mode like the Legends Showcase for 2K12. In addition, there's no talk of this being for Vita or PC (figures, they don't give 2 shits about PC gamers).
    Oh for sure. I'm with you on most of that. I was mostly just touching on the initial pricing point.

Unfortunately, with the idea of the All-Star Weekend being an add-on, I too am having doubts it'll be compatible with Associations, Seasons, and My Player. If it is indeed a stand-alone mode, like the Legends DLC, it'll be quite the letdown. I'm betting the mode will be neat, but it'll be all by itself lost in space, as opposed to integrating with the existing game.

Somehow, for NBA2K12, I was sort of alright with a DLC and subsequent price of said DLC, as I convinced myself the DLC fee could have possibly allowed for 2K to afford to include as many legends as they did (I'm a huge legends guy). Again though, I'm not a fan of something integral to the NBA Season (All-Star Weekend) being a stand-alone mode (if that is indeed the case). Your idea of unlockable shoes seems like a perfect DLC choice.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

That's dumb.

It'll probably suck.

They need to fix what they already have(everything) before they add anything new.

This is my problem with NBA games. They try so hard with presentation to sell you on the game, but the gameplay always has multiple problems that you won't notice until you played the game long enough. They just don't focus enough on making the game with passion like some other companies do.

Future D1 Dad

i thought i seen where the release date is 10/2. that's almost a month ahead of when it usually comes out. not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

They need to add downloadable skins or something. I was diggin that Justice League vs. Avengers game but you can only do that on PC

Wow, gameplay vid to come this early.

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/208324743789674496

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    i thought i seen where the release date is 10/2. that's almost a month ahead of when it usually comes out. not sure if that's a good thing or not.
    That is in fact the normal release date. NBA 2K12 was released on October 4th and 2K11 on October 5th. They're always released on Tuesday, so the release date will vary from year to year, unless there's a leap year at which point it'll vary by two.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Wow, gameplay vid to come this early.

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/208324743789674496
    I can't entirely remember but I feel as though previous 2K's have also shown early gameplay footage. Essentially, it ends up looking 95% like the year's previous release with 5% of noticeable changes. I expect the prevailing response to the super early 2K13 footage to be, "Looks like 2K12."
    Last edited by Rake2204; 06-01-2012 at 05:03 PM.