Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: How can Scottie Pippen be Overrated when...

Bill Russel?Let Bill Russel in his prime play against Rodman. You'll see how dominat Russel really is.
    We've seen "Russel" play and dominate against a lot of bigs. One more (who probably wouldn't even guard him if they had played against each other, since Russell was a C, and not usually concentrated on scoring) wouldn't make any difference, just because he's from another era.

Rodman played in the most defensive Era in NBA history.
    Russel played scrubs. You see the difference?
    Russel and wilt would both get dominated by rodman,barkely and especially shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by zay_24
    How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    How old are you?
    It doesn't matter. Rodman averaged 18 rpg in the 90's.

Tell me 5 players russel played against that would be an allstar in todays league?

ROFL. Let me repeat the question of the above: How old are you?
    And what else do you know about Wilt, except for the numbers 100 and 20,000?
    Last edited by Psileas; 03-21-2009 at 04:05 PM.

It doesn't matter. Rodman averaged 18 rpg in the 90's.

Tell me 5 players russel played against that would be an allstar in todays league?
    Is that all?

Wilt
    Thurmond
    Bellamy
    Reed
    Lucas

And in a league with way less teams, which means that he was facing them a lot more often.

BTW, I love how even you, the topic starter, get out of your own topic when you meet a view that you don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Is that all?

Wilt
    Thurmond
    Bellamy
    Reed
    Lucas

And in a league with way less teams, which means that he was facing them a lot more often.

BTW, I love how even you, the topic starter, get out of your own topic when you meet a view that you don't agree with.
    I'll give you reed. That's about it. Wilt was strong too, but he wouldn't be averaging no 50ppg in todays league.

I'll give you reed. That's about it. Wilt was strong too, but he wouldn't be averaging no 50ppg in todays league.
    Do you even know who those players are? And who said Wilt would average 50 a game? You claimed he would get dominated by "Rodman, Barkely and especially Shaq," when of all those guys the only one who would even be matched up against him is prime Shaq. Rodman and Barkley are way to small to match up against Wilt, and Barkley wasn't even a good defender. In todays league Wilt would be the best center in the league, by a pretty fair margin.

And because Wilt wouldn't average 50 today, this means what, exactly? Wilt averaged 50 in his era only for 1 season, as well.
    The fact alone that you accept Reed but argue Wilt, who was a much greater player, shows how confused you are about these guys.

Suggestion: Back to Pippen.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Do you even know who those players are? And who said Wilt would average 50 a game? You claimed he would get dominated by "Rodman, Barkely and especially Shaq," when of all those guys the only one who would even be matched up against him is prime Shaq. Rodman and Barkley are way to small to match up against Wilt, and Barkley wasn't even a good defender. In todays league Wilt would be the best center in the league, by a pretty fair margin.
    It's funny. You say rodman was too short to do anything to Wilt, but yet rodman was only 2 inches shorter than Russel.(Russel used to dominate Wilt)

NBA sixth man of the year

We all know Russell would be a 7 ppg, 14 rpg, 3 apg, 2 bpg player in this day and age. Close to Ben Wallace numbers.

Wilt would be around 27 ppg, 13 rpg, 2 bpg numbers... kinda like Shaq.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    90% of ISH=IQ below 70

An IQ below 70 can qualify you as a "challenged" person.
    So now subscribing to a popular opinion is the litmus test for intelligence? Well, that was my thread, and I'm the one who asserted that Pippen is overrated.

I cited my reasons which I am not going to rehash again here, but essentially I compared him to a healthy Grant Hill. Hill was a fantastic player, but he's usually not rated as highly as Pippen. I contend, however, that a Jordan/ Hill combo would have produced a dynasty just as Jordan/ Pippen did. And thus I call Scottie overrated.

However, if you disagree with this, I won't take issue with your standing as a smart person. I do take issue, though, if you suggest that I am unintelligent for voicing an opinion, and one I defended rationally, just because a lot of others happen not to share it.
    Last edited by jrong; 03-21-2009 at 04:42 PM.

It's funny. You say rodman was too short to do anything to Wilt, but yet rodman was only 2 inches shorter than Russel.(Russel used to dominate Wilt)
    False. The Celts as a team used to dominate Wilt's teams. Wilt always got his against Russel.

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    We all know Russell would be a 7 ppg, 14 rpg, 3 apg, 2 bpg player in this day and age. Close to Ben Wallace numbers.

Wilt would be around 27 ppg, 13 rpg, 2 bpg numbers... kinda like Shaq.
    Russel is a much better offensive player than that. if he wasn't playing on a team with 5 other hall of famers he would have scored more. I see him getting at least 12-15 points a night if he played today, and a lot more than 2 blocks a night.

I usually hate those era arguments, but is it really that unreasonable to think Rodman would dominate in Russell's era ? He was a greater rebounder than Wilt if you judge by their rebound rate. Yeah I know that stat only existed for Wilt in his last three years in the league but when he grabbed 18-19 rebounds a game in his Laker days, that translated to a 18-20 rebound rate. Which is lower than Rodman's career average (23.4). Rodman's career best was an insane 29.7, which means for every 10 rebounds that were available, Rodman grabbed 3 of them. All this while being smaller than his opponents. Russell and Wilt were either about the same height or taller.

So is it really that unreasonable ?

Russell was 6'9.5 barefoot, which is about the height of the average center of today. And Russell never dominated Wilt. He only reduced his scoring total and efficiency numbers. Wilt still averaged 28.7 ppg and 28.7 rpg against him.