Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 05-05-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default It hurts...

Oh my, so this is how the season ends, still feel like a dream. I try to act calm and professional, but the truth is... It hurts, it really hurts... I am fighting back tears, I havent cried since I turned 13 a decade ago so it aint happening tonight either. I dont know what to think.

I wish it was a dream, its hard to believe this is what we got after all the efforts we made to extend the series into game 7. Perhaps it would have been less painful if we just lost in game 6 instead, you dont feel too bad if you never give it much hope to begin with.

I thought I was cool with the Nets performance in this post-season, I pretended I did not care to an extent that some posters like Niko were saying I aint even a nets fan. I kept telling myself to look ahead and that it was just the first season the team was put together, so far it doesnt seem to help anything at all.

I guess I am going to find a dozen cans of beer for the night, if it helps to relieve the pain. I never got drunk in my life however much I drank, but now I really hope I could for once in my life. Tomorrow is another day, I hope the pains will all go away after I wake up tomorrow...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:38 AM   #2
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: It hurts...

thats a true fan. Don't worry man, they'll only get better. Those Bulls were just incredible tonight... smh

I was at the game. The amount of chicago fans was sickening. It hurt. Every run giving us hope just to be spoiled by a bellineli 3 or Joakim noah layup. ugh.
Well there goes season #1. I'm sure this time next year the Nets will be scouting their second round opponent.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
thats a true fan. Don't worry man, they'll only get better. Those Bulls were just incredible tonight... smh

I was at the game. The amount of chicago fans was sickening. It hurt. Every run giving us hope just to be spoiled by a bellineli 3 or Joakim noah layup. ugh.
Well there goes season #1. I'm sure this time next year the Nets will be scouting their second round opponent.
And my bolded part is exactly why PJ has no right to ever be an NBA coach. I harped on it repeatedly before the game. Marco was going to kill us if we kept chasing him off of screens rather then meeting him to the spot and if we didn't double team him when he tried to drive. There was no defensive schemes at all. I was just on Twitter writing to Mike Fratello in hope that he would express interest to become the Nets coach next season.

Also guys, we can't solely blame PJ. The Nets need to show more passion and effort for 48 MINUTES. It's not just me saying it, every analyst is saying it too, as well as the Bulls players themselves. The Nets played inspired, passionate basketball in the first half of the third quarter. They rotated on defense, finally boxed out and moved the ball on both sides of the court. For the other 42 minutes they jacked up stupid shots, let the Bulls get way too many offensive rebounds and sucked complete shit on defense. A coach can't instill passion. He only makes substitutions, defensive schemes against opposing teams best player and defines roles MUCH, MUCH clearer than PJ has done.

Am I extremely upset an infuriated that this team lost in the first round ( FIRST ROUND), yes. Like Gerald said "we should have won, we should be playing the Heat tomorrow, we were in our home". Well, that didn't happen and now the Nets have an entire Summer to figure out how to play with more passion and get out of the first round.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Oh my, so this is how the season ends, still feel like a dream. I try to act calm and professional, but the truth is... It hurts, it really hurts... I am fighting back tears, I havent cried since I turned 13 a decade ago so it aint happening tonight either. I dont know what to think.

I wish it was a dream, its hard to believe this is what we got after all the efforts we made to extend the series into game 7. Perhaps it would have been less painful if we just lost in game 6 instead, you dont feel too bad if you never give it much hope to begin with.

I thought I was cool with the Nets performance in this post-season, I pretended I did not care to an extent that some posters like Niko were saying I aint even a nets fan. I kept telling myself to look ahead and that it was just the first season the team was put together, so far it doesnt seem to help anything at all.

I guess I am going to find a dozen cans of beer for the night, if it helps to relieve the pain. I never got drunk in my life however much I drank, but now I really hope I could for once in my life. Tomorrow is another day, I hope the pains will all go away after I wake up tomorrow...

I feel the pain as well. I got wasted last night (I was gonna get wasted if the Nets won too though ). But lets look forward. This was the first year our core played together and we still have a lot of kinks to work out. We need a good coach (PJ is gone thank god), a quality starting PF, and role players that contemplate the starters. One thing we did not have all season was a consistent shooter. Think Miami there first year together compared to there team now. They are vastly better because of the role players they signed.

The only direction we're going is up. Brook is still only 25, Deron is still a top PG in this league and has 3 more years of his prime, and Joe hopefully will come back stronger and healthier next season. It will be a long off-season but I can't wait for next season.

Also I wanna thank you for sticking with this forum. Its been a quiet season with posters coming and going but you've been consistent. VC3s been consistent too but he would leave for a while if the Nets had a bad week and come back when we played well. Keep up the good work!
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Thanks for the support guys. Feels a bit better early this morning, the flashback of Bulls winning game 7 during that Thunder-Grizzlies game brought back the sorrow again.

I do hope the team will rebound from this. For a team to win 49 games in the first season after it is put together, I wouldnt say its a bad year. Still, its tough to kiss the playoffs goodbye like this, we had so much hope going into game 7... In terms of nets future, finding a better coach is definitely necessary, but we also have to figure out a way to make use of Humphries expiring contracts. If we can land a good PF during off-season or even before next trade deadline it would be great. At this point anything can happen for this team.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

much respect to those who made it through the whole season... again. (i sure didn't)

if we ever have chance to meet, couple rounds of microbrews on me.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
much respect to those who made it through the whole season... again. (i sure didn't)

if we ever have chance to meet, couple rounds of microbrews on me.

Thanks, you are actually making me blush considering how I actually disappeared for a bit when Knicks fans were negging others like crazy.

I think I am over this loss finally, took almost 2 days. Still feel gloomy seeing flashbacks of the series on ESPN/TNT, but I will have to live with this. It will be a long summer for us, hopefully we find a way to improve the time not only by getting a capable coach, but also a good PF to upgrade our weakest position.

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 05-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeahh I won't be able to watch the Bulls/Heat series for a while. I'll keep thinking we should be there.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #9
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Everything happens for a reason. Let's play hypothetical for a minute.

The Nets get the third seed.
Play and win against the Hawks in round 1.

Get to round 2 and play the Knicks. Beat them in 7.

Get to the ECF and lose to the Heat in 6.

Nets management is completely shocked and happy and praise PJ. PJ is given a 3 year deal. We are now stuck with him for 3 years after an impressive playoffs.

Although the Nets should never, ever, EVER be a first round exit team, I'm sort of pleased that they had this rude awakening. That if they play with no fire they won't ever accomplish shit. The Nets lost to the Bulls in a very close series and if it were never for that 14 point meltdown in 3 minutes we would be playing the heat right now and i'd be happy. that one game has sent the nets fishing. also, game 7 was disgusting because i have never seen an nba team not play with enough urgency in a game 7 at home. first time i've ever seen that.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
The Nets
Resident Netsfan

The Nets is considered somewhat coolThe Nets is considered somewhat cool

Hypothetically we might've met the Bulls in ECF and beat them according to your logic VC.
The Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: