Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Jesus Never Existed: New Report Finds No Mention Of Christ In 126 Historical Texts

[quote]Jesus never existed. That is the conclusion of a researcher who says he has combed 126 texts written during or shortly after the time Jesus is supposed to have lived

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Jesus Never Existed: New Report Finds No Mention Of Christ In 126 Historical Texts

Jesus Christ may or may not have been a real human being, idk...but I want to point this out:

While today Christianity has become the most popular religion in world history, with 2.2 billion human beings calling themselves Christians, Paulkovich [COLOR="Red"]points out that as late as the the Fourth Century, Christianity was still a small and widely persecuted cult[/COLOR].
    *IF* Christianity started as a small cult and grew from there, then why would he be mentioned in any old writing shortly after his death? No one knew of him for quite a while as they point out.

They didn't have Twitter back then, word took a little longer to spread...

Default Re: Jesus Never Existed: New Report Finds No Mention Of Christ In 126 Historical Texts

Jesus existed... Believe

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Funny thing about faith is, no amount of facts will ever change their mind. Faith is entirely separated from truth, it's irrelevant to the believer.

I think Yeshua was most likely real, just not very important till his followers became more prominent in the years to come
    Last edited by KingBeasley08; 09-30-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Pretty interesting I guess, though we'd have to read the entirety of his article to be careful of the criteria he used.

I don't care either way, but it does rub me the wrong way how some individuals treat it as a given that an Historical Jesus did exist. Nice to hear that someone did the legwork to definitively put that to rest. People can still believe what they want (and I don't care as long as indoctrination isn't vocal, and religious beliefs don't play into political decisions) obviously, and if faith gives someone direction/a moral compass or something of the sort, good for him/her.

that is why religion can only be "verified" through faith, not by facts.

I'm not religious at all but there's a fair amount of evidence that a non-mythical jesus existed. This guy is self promoting a blog post on an atheist website. This isn't some peer reviewed historical paper.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I'm not religious at all but there's a fair amount of evidence that a non-mythical jesus existed. This guy is self promoting a blog post on an atheist website. This isn't some peer reviewed historical paper.
    Yeah, just checked out the link. Doesn't have much credibility.

NBA Legend

Did some loser really spend his time on that shit?

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Made this thread about a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Pretty interesting I guess, though we'd have to read the entirety of his article to be careful of the criteria he used.

I don't care either way, but it does rub me the wrong way how some individuals treat it as a given that an Historical Jesus did exist. Nice to hear that someone did the legwork to definitively put that to rest. People can still believe what they want (and I don't care as long as indoctrination isn't vocal, and religious beliefs don't play into political decisions) obviously, and if faith gives someone direction/a moral compass or something of the sort, good for him/her.

Also

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rodmantheman
    Made this thread about a week ago.
    Week agoooooooo

But seriously doe...

[QUOTE]Paulkovich writes,

this

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Week agoooooooo

But seriously doe...

No shit, Sherlock

Instead of working to see if there was a Historical record of a recycled Pagan myth, a better use of his time would've been to look for records of an actual person who led the early Jewish 'Christians'. He mentions the Dead Sea Scrolls and how they don't mention Jesus, yet overlooks them mentioning an unnamed Teacher of Righteousness. If anyone is a candidate for the Historical Jesus, it would be whoever that is- led an Apocalyptic sect that broke off from mainstream Judaism, was viewed as a messianic figure, was executed after bumping heads with the powers that were.

Much more interesting. To me at least.