Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Gilbert..

Default Dan Gilbert..

Where is he at?

Someone needs to interview this man. How does he feel? This would be great.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Dan Gilbert..

Who gives a shit. He had the best player in the world on his team and refused to spend the $ to get him quality help. Him and the city of Cleveland made millions and millions of dollars off of Lebron and then threw a tantrum when he left.

Cleveland messed up a lot of opportunities, but they weren't cheap with $. To be fair to Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Who gives a shit. He had the best player in the world on his team and refused to spend the $ to get him quality help. Him and the city of Cleveland made millions and millions of dollars off of Lebron and then threw a tantrum when he left.
    You're not very familiar with the salary cap are you

Exactly.

Lebron didn't owe Cleveland anything. He played out his contract, left for a team where he would make more money, play with his best friend, and have a better chance at a championship. Everything he did is now validated.

Yeah, he made a spectacle of things by the decision and "not 4, not 5..." but he did nothing wrong.

Oh, and he wasn't Cleveland's native son. The dude was from Akron, Ohio, an hour south of Cleveland, and growing up he couldn't stand Cleveland because all of the kids from Cleveland would pick on Akron kids, calling them dirtballs and what not.

Good for Lebron. Good for Bosh. Good for D-Wade. Good for Miami. I'm glad all of this nonsense finally ends! Longest 2 damn years of my life!

This is untrue. They spent a lot of money and overspent being in the luxary tax if I'm not mistaken. The problem is they couldn't bring their plan A options in, they had to go to plan B a lot. The biggest mistake was signing Larry Hughes and overpaying him. He just came off a career year with the Wizards and the Cavaliers took too much hype in that. I think things would've worked out better if Antwan Jamison played up to par when he came, but he totally sucked.
    Last edited by Meticode; 06-22-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Lebrons been really humble which is nice but I really wanted him to just go to the microphone and say "Ay Dan, how my ass taste"

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Lebrons been really humble which is nice but I really wanted him to just go to the microphone and say "Ay Dan, how my ass taste"
    He doesn't really need to, teh championship speaks for itself. He wouldn't let go of the trophy. When they were center court he hugged the son-a-bitch the whole time. Then they showed them in the locker room with Bosh basically facializing himself with champagne and LeBron still was hugging that son-a-bitch.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

The guy is a billionaire. Im sure he will be able to sleep at night. Not sure why Gilbert gets bashed for the Cavs not putting a team around Lebron. Sure, he should get his balls busted for that drunken open letter he wrote, but Cavs front-office were the ones that blew it.

Decent playground baller Stat & Melo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    The guy is a billionaire. Im sure he will be able to sleep at night. Not sure why Gilbert gets bashed for the Cavs not putting a team around Lebron. Sure, he should get his balls busted for that drunken open letter he wrote, but Cavs front-office were the ones that blew it.

Do you know what a billion dollars is?

I doubt he's even half way to that

Quote Originally Posted by Stat & Melo

I think you're the one that's retarded...dan has over a billion....look at jayz dude has half a bill and only owns like 2% of nets

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Stat & Melo

I believe he's talking about Dan Gilbert, not LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Money doesnt make you sleep easier at night

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    Money doesnt make you sleep easier at night
    How would u know?

I think I'd be resting quite comfortably if I had a billion dollars at my command