Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Default Lakers record w/o Shaq but w/ Kobe, w/ Kobe b w/o Shaq, w/ Kobe but w/o Odom, etc.

http://www.behindthebasket.com/btb/2...be-bryant.html

SAMPLE:

edit: I took out the sample because it seems like some Kobe fans are just going to pout and not read the entire article but make uninformed comments.

There is articles like this on other players (before Kobe stans start labeling this article as a Kobe hating attack):

Kevin Garnett
    http://www.behindthebasket.com/btb/2...n-garnett.html

Steve Nash
    http://www.behindthebasket.com/btb/2...teve-nash.html

Shaquille O'Neal
    http://www.behindthebasket.com/btb/2...lle-oneal.html

Jason Kidd
    http://www.behindthebasket.com/btb/2...ason-kidd.html

Dirk Nowitzki
    http://www.behindthebasket.com/btb/2...-nowitzki.html
    Last edited by BEAST Griffin; 03-31-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Default Re: Lakers record w/o Shaq but w/ Kobe, w/ Kobe b w/o Shaq, w/ Kobe but w/o Odom, etc.

National High School Star

Default Re: Lakers record w/o Shaq but w/ Kobe, w/ Kobe b w/o Shaq, w/ Kobe but w/o Odom, etc.

Everybody should already know this.

The Shaq/Kobe/PJ Lakers had a better record over all their years together when Kobe didn't play than when he did play. As long as Shaq was playing. This was pointed out throughout those seasons as it happened quite a bit. People have short term memory but Kobe used to catch a lot of crap for his style of play..well he still sorta does lol, but it was a totally different story before.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

The basketball history would be better if Kobe never existed at all!

with Kobe out or getting back into shape as a reserve
    Biased article is biased. You do NOT use different categories when wanting to make a valid point. It'd be valid and interesting if that writer sticked to his original plan. I.E when they didn't play.

Frankly pathetic.

3-time NBA All-Star

Kobe became an exceptional player by that 99-00 season, and a great player by 01-02, BUT, Shaq was THE man back in that three-peat run. Granted, Kobe was instrumental in the WCF's, but overall, Shaq just plain dominated the league in those years.

I am a big Kobe fan, and he has had a great career, but IMHO, his peak was not on Shaq's peak level. In fact, IMHO, only MJ, Wilt, and Moses had as great peaks. Kareem had some huge seasons, but he never dominated all of his peers, in H2H's, like those four did, in their best seasons.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    In fact, IMHO, only MJ, Wilt, and Moses had as great peaks. Kareem had some huge seasons, but he never dominated all of his peers, in H2H's, like those four did, in their best seasons.
    I'm pretty sure Kareem could've dominated Rik Smits/Dale Davis, Mutombo and Todd MacCulloch. And he wouldn't have had to elbow them in the face either.

NBA rookie of the year

Kobrick the most overrated player of all time. He just lucky he was drafted by the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Kobrick the most overrated player of all time. He just lucky he was drafted by the Lakers.
    He wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    amen. he would be the poor man's Iverson had his and AI's fate been switched (AI was drafted by Lakers and Kobe went to Philadelphia) I'm sure AI would do as well with Shaq. And Kobe would not even sniff the playoffs with the scrubs AI played with.

and that's the painful truth for kobe stans.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    amen. he would be the poor man's Iverson had his and AI's fate been switched (AI was drafted by Lakers and Kobe went to Philadelphia) I'm sure AI would do as well with Shaq. And Kobe would not even sniff the playoffs with the scrubs AI played with.

and that's the painful truth for kobe stans.
    Yes Kobe can't sniff the playoff with Smush and Kwame as starters on his team.

Nice find!
    Overrated kobrick getting exposed once again.

Banned

What exactly is this supposed to prove? Shaq was better than Kobe in Kobe's early years. Big surprise.

But it's pretty hilarious how pathetic the author is. 5-3 w/ Kobe but w/o Shaq but 11-3 w/ Shaq but w/o Kobe is supposed to be a sleight on Kobe?

Oh they go 1-1 when Kobe is in but Shaq isn't. Kobe isn't important Rilleh?

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Biased article is biased. You do NOT use different categories when wanting to make a valid point. It'd be valid and interesting if that writer sticked to his original plan. I.E when they didn't play.

Frankly pathetic.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    What exactly is this supposed to prove? Shaq was better than Kobe in Kobe's early years. Big surprise.

But it's pretty hilarious how pathetic the author is. 5-3 w/ Kobe but w/o Shaq but 11-3 w/ Shaq but w/o Kobe is supposed to be a sleight on Kobe?

Oh they go 1-1 when Kobe is in but Shaq isn't. Kobe isn't important Rilleh?
    Supposed to be a slight to Kobe? He just looked at the wins and losses with and without superstars and with and without their important teammates in line ups.

It wasn't done exclusively for Kobe Bryant. Kobe Bryant isn't even the first player in the series.

And don't be dense. I only posted a small piece of the article because of the 10,000 letters limit. Click the link and read the entire thing.
    Last edited by BEAST Griffin; 03-31-2012 at 10:34 AM.