Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Cleveland listening to offers for 1st pick from Jazz, Sixers, Wolves, Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    magic apparently offered afflalo + #4 + #12
    i don't believe it though.
    I'd nut at that.

Also, why does everyone always assume the cavs are seriously listening to any of these offers? People acting like the pick has already been trading the way posters shit on us.

Default Re: Cleveland listening to offers for 1st pick from Jazz, Sixers, Wolves, Magic

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Lebron or Melo?
    Forgive my ignorance on the topic, couldn't they still go after either of those while still having Wiggins? I feel like they just hit the lottery and they want to give the money back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Forgive my ignorance on the topic, couldn't they still go after either of those while still having Wiggins? I feel like they just hit the lottery and they want to give the money back.
    they could but if they bought in melo or lebron they would want to switch to win now mode and wiggins still needs time to develop, parker is more of a contribute now player but even then they play the same positions and they may prefer some proven players for a team trying to contend.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Wow that is a huge package for the Cavs. Favors and Burks plus 2 first rd picks? Unless Cavs really want Wiggins or Parker. Because at 5 what are you left with? Parker, Wiggins, Embiid, Exum will be gone. So now what? I can see why Cavs wouldnt do it but I can see why they would. I'm torn.
    It's a bad trade. I don't see the beneficial side of it. We're missing out on the best players in the draft, each of which play a position of need for the Cavs, for a guy whose numbers were very similar to Tristan Thompson's last season... and Alec Burks.

I'd be totally sick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I'd nut at that.

Also, why does everyone always assume the cavs are seriously listening to any of these offers? People acting like the pick has already been trading the way posters shit on us.
    Wouldn't be too offended, people just like speculating. Most of the "leaked" rumours will likely be totally made up or leaked by teams trying to increase the value of the asset.

Take Wiggins and call it a day. Parker doesnt want to be there.

Unless you know for a fact Lebron is returning.

Banned

just heard that reportedly orlando offered afflalo and number 4 and cavs turned it down saying they would want number 12 as well before they begin discussions.

Cavs will find a way to screw it up. They're over-thinking it

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    just heard that reportedly orlando offered afflalo and number 4 and cavs turned it down saying they would want number 12 as well before they begin discussions.
    Oh okay. I'm cool with that. I don't think Henni would bite on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    Cavs will find a way to screw it up. They're over-thinking it
    No way they could blow this, it seems so simple. God have mercy on the cavs fan base if they blow this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It's a bad trade. I don't see the beneficial side of it. We're missing out on the best players in the draft, each of which play a position of need for the Cavs, for a guy whose numbers were very similar to Tristan Thompson's last season... and Alec Burks.

I'd be totally sick.
    Yeah you're right. After thinking on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah you're right. After thinking on it.
    It's easy to forget this time of year that, in the NBA, quantity is not better than quality. If you hit on the right player in the right system with the right team, it is priceless.

The only way a deal like this make any sense whatsoever, from where I'm sitting, is if the Cavs still really want to take Embiid but not at No. 1 and they think he might drop to 5. But, even then, it's not a trade you complete before the draft.

You wait to see how the draft plays out, have the Jazz select Embiid at 5 if he's there and then do the deal afterward. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for disaster.

Banned

I bet that's what the Cavs are asking for.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

The problem with you dudes who are hating on the Cavs fielding offers is that Wiggins isn't as good as you think he is.

I've been saying this for six months. Based on the amount of rumors floating around, Cavs probably agree with me.

Its very obvious Cleveland feel they need a physical Center big time. They ain't winning sh*t with a skinny ass Wiggins on the wing and Spencer Hawes in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    I bet that's what the Cavs are asking for.
    I still don't get it.

Who are the Cavs taking at 4 if Parker, Wiggins and Embiid are off the board? The last thing they need is a PG/combo guard. They haven't worked out Vonleh, I don't believe. I guess that pick might make some sense...

But still, I don't understand why you just don't take the best player in the draft and be done with it.