Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Official Jabari Parker vs Andrew Wiggins Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Jabari has a bigger frame, a better standing reach (likely), and was a much better rebounder in college.

I don't think people realize that Wiggins will likely be a 2 in the NBA. We're talking about DeMar DeRozan with a higher ceiling, not an actual SF.

And Jabari projects to be like Paul Pierce. A true small forward.
    We'll see. Neither seem like positional rebounders and Wiggins can sky in there if he really wants to.

In any case, I think Jabari will be better for the first year or two. If Wiggins has a great work ethic he will surpass him. If not he'll be a gerald green.

Jabari has a bigger frame, a better standing reach (likely), and was a much better rebounder in college.

I don't think people realize that Wiggins will likely be a 2 in the NBA. We're talking about DeMar DeRozan with a higher ceiling, not an actual SF.

And Jabari projects to be like Paul Pierce. A true small forward.
    Wiggins can't play 2 since his shooting is not up to par. He is way too small to play 4. He is pretty much the definition of a 3.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I'd take wiggins

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Wiggins can't play 2 since his shooting is not up to par. He is way too small to play 4. He is pretty much the definition of a 3.
    His barefoot height is probably going to come in at a hair above 6'6.

And DeMar Derozan isn't and never was a good shooter but he's always been a 2. Same with Dwyane Wade. Shooting is preferred but not a prerequisite to play the 2. Just have to be athletic and good enough at slashing and finding other ways to score like getting to the FT line.

Very good NBA starter

His barefoot height is probably going to come in at a hair above 6'6.

And DeMar Derozan isn't and never was a good shooter but he's always been a 2. Same with Dwyane Wade. Shooting is preferred but not a prerequisite to play the 2. Just have to be athletic and good enough at slashing and finding other ways to score like getting to the FT line.
    He was measured 6'8 at the nike hoop summit... Who cares about his barefoot height? lebron was measured 6'8 in shoes too. Wiggins is a 3

NBA Superstar

So why ain't DeRozan a 3 then?

Very good NBA starter

So why ain't DeRozan a 3 then?
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Demar-DeRozan-1319/

Height with shoes: 6'6.5"
    Wingspan: 6'9

Very good NBA starter

and russwest goes ghost again

NBA Superstar

DeRozan is now 6'7 in shoes and still a 2 guard. 1 inch in shoes doesn't make a difference and in shoe height is not the standard at all because shoes can vary by 1-2 inches in how much they increase height.

watch film of Wiggins standing near 6'5 guys. He looks at BEST just 2 inches taller than them.

The dude also plays nothing like a 3 and plays everything like a slashing 2 guard

Very good NBA starter

DeRozan is now 6'7 in shoes and still a 2 guard. 1 inch in shoes doesn't make a difference and in shoe height is not the standard at all because shoes can vary by 1-2 inches in how much they increase height.

watch film of Wiggins standing near 6'5 guys. He looks at BEST just 2 inches taller than them.

The dude also plays nothing like a 3 and plays everything like a slashing 2 guard
    hmmm interesting.... could he really play the 2 tho?
    now that i think about it he reminds me of a bigger more atletic wade.
    his upside is insane

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Parker's frame and what i saw of him playing reminds me of Rudy Gay. Wiggins might be a Paul George type of player, except coming in with alot more hype obviously.

Wiggins giving people the impression he has a higher ceiling, i don't doubt it, but what makes Parker's ceiling lower?

NBA Superstar

In general I'd say that Parker is the better scorer, rebounder, leader, and has a higher bball IQ while Wiggins is the better defender and more athletic.

Anyone disagree with that?
    Wiggins shot a higher percentage from jump shots, Wiggins will be a much better rebounder, neither needs to be a leader for the next couple of years, and how can one say Parker has a higher IQ when he was subbed out for defense against Mercer???

Wiggins will be much better than Parker, and LOL to the Rudy Gay comparisons, Wiggins is already better.

Watch this video and tell me this isn't a mirror image of Wiggins' current skill set, body type and athleticism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJdKLSnSwms

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Wiggins shot a higher percentage from jump shots, Wiggins will be a much better rebounder, neither needs to be a leader for the next couple of years, and how can one say Parker has a higher IQ when he was subbed out for defense against Mercer???

Wiggins will be much better than Parker, and LOL to the Rudy Gay comparisons, Wiggins is already better.

Watch this video and tell me this isn't a mirror image of Wiggins' current skill set, body type and athleticism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJdKLSnSwms
    Pretty interesting comparison.

Both Wilkins and Parker may be a little undersized for the 3 entering the league. Both are uber-athletic freaks that can jump out of the arena and are electric in transition. Neither guy had great vision in terms of setting up teammates entering the league. Wilkins struggled with his handle at times early in his career and was never really a master ball handler (same certainly goes for Wiggins so far).

Now, Wilkins was a very efficient scorer every year he played at Georgia, and that was without a really good outside shot. He was just simply so much more athletic than everyone he was playing against, they couldn't stop him the majority of the time.

Wilkins also had a great motor and will to win, but was overshadowed by more complete legends (Jordan, Bird) in better situations.

On the otherside of the coin, Wiggins is a much better perimeter shooter now as compared to Wilkins at the same age (or even going into his first couple years in Atlanta).

I think the most disappointing things about Wiggins, for me, in his collegiate career were his difficult at times finishing around the rim (especially off the dribble) and what looked to be disinterest at times. His athletic superiority should have had him making 60+% of his looks close to the hoop, as Wilkins did at Georgia and I want to see a little more fire out of a guy being projected to be the next big thing in the NBA.

I still think he has a very high ceiling, but I worry about his floor. I like the Wilkins comparison from a skills/athleticism standpoint.

NBA Superstar

Guys like Perry Jones have all the athleticism that Wiggins does. Perry Jones could probably go 1-6 in an elimination game from the tournament as well.

It's great and all being that athletic, but some of yall are going way overboard with this shit.
    Last edited by russwest0; 05-23-2014 at 04:37 AM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Guys like Perry Jones have all the athleticism that Wiggins does.

It's great and all being that athletic, but some of yall are going way overboard with this shit.
    PJ3 doesn't have even close to the athleticism of Wiggins. Not even in the same stratosphere. The thing that Jones always had going for him was that he was insanely tall and long for a guy who could potentially play the 3, because he was an OK outside shooter at Baylor. People looked at him and thought, "OK, this guy physically looks like a new Kevin Durant."

Problem was, he ended up not being nearly the athlete that a lot of people anticipated. Very stiff in the way he moves. Doesn't have the speed to beat perimeter guys off the dribble consistently. Not creative enough around the rim. No handle.

Those are athleticism issues.

Wiggins can absolutely fly up and down the court at warp speed and has a 44-inch vertical to go along with the wingspan. In the open court, he moves like a combination of John Wall and LeBron James. PJ3 never in a million years had that kind of elite athleticism. If he did, he wouldn't be rotting on OKC's bench right now.

It also didn't help that Jones has had some pretty major injury problems (another thing that isn't an issue with Wiggins).

There are some things about Wiggins that concern me if he is our pick at No. 1 (I definitely think it should be Embiid), but there's no denying that he has rare athleticism. Very rare.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 05-23-2014 at 04:41 AM.