Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard 32 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks, 4 steals, 6 threes, 0 TOs

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    Hmm. Still not Pippen.
    They shouldn't even be compared...not every defensive SF who can score is a Scottie Pippen. The playmaking and passing is night and day...Scottie was a guy who could legit play pg AND DID for the Blazers. Leonard has 88 assists total for his career in the playoffs...Scottie has more assists than that in 5 playoff runs. As scorers, they are nothing alike as far as what they want to do either.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-23-2016 at 03:41 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Kawhi Leonard 32 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks, 4 steals, 6 threes, 0 TOs

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Leonard has 88 assists total for his career in the playoffs...Scottie has more assists than that in 5 playoff runs.
    I like you, I think you're a funny poster and all, but are you mentally ill? Leonard has played 5 seasons total so far for his career, including this one... and it's the first round. No shit Pippen has more assists than he does. Not that I think Leonard is as good of a play-maker as Pippen is or anything.

Also, I think this is a bit of an unfair argument anyway since Kawhi is not asked to run the offense like Pippen was. Like I said, I'm not saying he's as good as Pippen in the play-making area, but I'm sure he'd average more assists than he does now if he was the one running the offense instead of Parker.

Damn epic statline. I'd really like to hear some thoughtful legit arguments from someone who thinks Pippen is a no brainer over Leonard

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    I like you, I think you're a funny poster and all, but are you mentally ill? Leonard has played 5 seasons total so far for his career, including this one... and it's the first round. No shit Pippen has more assists than he does. Not that I think Leonard is as good of a play-maker as Pippen is or anything.

Also, I think this is a bit of an unfair argument anyway since Kawhi is not asked to run the offense like Pippen was. Like I said, I'm not saying he's as good as Pippen in the play-making area, but I'm sure he'd average more assists than he does now if he was the one running the offense instead of Parker.
    Wait what...I said Pippen has more assists in five playoff RUNS (separate seasons) than Leonard does total for his playoff career. And yeah it's early in this playoffs...and Leonard is averaging a whopping 0.7apg. And there's a reason why Kawhi isn't asked to run a team like Pippen...HE CAN'T.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-23-2016 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    also he is clutch and Pippen was a famous choke artist.
    how is kobe doing? I heard he gonna go into broadcasting.

What a player.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Wait what...I said Pippen has more assists in five playoff RUNS (separate seasons) than Leonard does total for his playoff career. And yeah it's early in this playoffs...and Leonard is averaging a whopping 0.7apg. And there's a reason why Kawhi isn't asked to run a team like Pippen...HE CAN'T.
    And I just told you that Leonard has only had 5 play off runs so far (including this one), so I really don't understand the point you're trying to make here. Pippen averaged more assists, the ball was in his hands more. Kawhi is more comparable to Jordan there than Pippen as he's the off-ball #1 option while Pippen was more of the on-ball #2.

We haven't seen the offense run through Kawhi yet like that, and no, I don't think it's because he can't. It's because why? We don't need to ask him to run the offense on top of him being the #1 scoring option as well as our best defender. That's a huge workload and it goes against our/Pop's philosophy of working as a team within a system.

I'm sure if Leonard was surrounded by garbage the offense could flow through him like it did Duncan back in the day, but there's no reason to do that when we have capable play-makers to take the pressure off of Leonard. Like 3ball says, turning teammates into play-makers rather than play-finishers is conducive to winning basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    And I just told you that Leonard has only had 5 play off runs so far (including this one), so I really don't understand the point you're trying to make here. Pippen averaged more assists, the ball was in his hands more. Kawhi is more comparable to Jordan there than Pippen as he's the off-ball #1 option while Pippen was more of the on-ball #2.

We haven't seen the offense run through Kawhi yet like that, and no, I don't think it's because he can't. It's because why? We don't need to ask him to run the offense on top of him being the #1 scoring option as well as our best defender. That's a huge workload and it goes against our/Pop's philosophy of working as a team within a system.

I'm sure if Leonard was surrounded by garbage the offense could flow through him like it did Duncan back in the day, but there's no reason to do that when we have capable play-makers to take the pressure off of Leonard. Like 3ball says, turning teammates into play-makers rather than play-finishers is conducive to winning basketball.
    Are u actually trying to defend kawhi's playmaking vs pippens? because pippen is at worst a top 3 playmaking SF(with lebron and bird). Kawhi is so far from that level, there are many SF in the league that are far better with the ball in their hands than kawhi(in terms of playmaking and creating for others). Actually id say thats kawhi's biggest if not only flaw.

Zach Randolph called him a top 2 NBA player

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    Hmm. Still not Pippen.

Hard to compare head to head but Kawhi is the better shooter and can carry a team on both ends to win championships...2014 Finals is a proof of that.

Fantastic player

First player to ever get 5 blocks and hit 5 threes in a playoff game.

Best two player in the league by far.

Against the mighty Grizzly.

College superstar

When did we start counting the number of 3-pointers made as a stat separate from total points?

Decent playground baller GabeIsGone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    When did we start counting the number of 3-pointers made as a stat separate from total points?
    Since players have started hitting an ungodly amount of them. I don't think there was a reason to track (or at least pay attention to) this before, but now players in this era are using the three as never before.