Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Am I the only one who thinks Brandon Ingram's talent is overrated?

I see a nice jump shot.

Couple of nice blocks using his length.

I don't know. Looks a bit uncoordinated with footwork and gangly.

What else?

Default Re: Am I the only one who thinks Brandon Ingram's talent is overrated?

never heard of him

He's barely 19 dude, give him time till he develops NBA body.

Cali Love

Yes, you are

he has the body of a highschooler. give him 2years to build his body.

Dude just turned 19 less than 2 months ago. So he's pretty much a lanky, high schooler playing at the highest level. He is so far from being a finished product, it's just not right or fair to judge him right now. As long as he shows some flashes of brilliance, that's all that matters, like DRuss from last year.

On top of that, his demeanor is more laid back so he is willing to do whatever the coaches ask him to do, which is to come off the bench and just pick his spots and not throw a fit because he's not getting touches. His role will continue to increase as the season wears on and he becomes more confident and relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Dude just turned 19 less than 2 months ago. So he's pretty much a lanky, high schooler playing at the highest level. He is so far from being a finished product, it's just not right or fair to judge him right now. As long as he shows some flashes of brilliance, that's all that matters, like DRuss from last year.

On top of that, his demeanor is more laid back so he is willing to do whatever the coaches ask him to do, which is to come off the bench and just pick his spots and not throw a fit because he's not getting touches. His role will continue to increase as the season wears on and he becomes more confident and relaxed.
    He could have a Giannis-esque improvement once he grows into his body.
    Though he seems like he could be a much better offensive player.

Am i reaching for saying Jaylen Brown is a better prospect. He seems to have a better feel of the game on both ends and is far more athletic. Of course both are raw as hell right now and i wont front because i wanted BI at the time of the draft but his shooting isn't as natural as i first thought it was

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Am i reaching for saying Jaylen Brown is a better prospect.
    Yes. And a massive homer to boot.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Am i reaching for saying Jaylen Brown is a better prospect. He seems to have a better feel of the game on both ends and is far more athletic. Of course both are raw as hell right now and i wont front because i wanted BI at the time of the draft but his shooting isn't as natural as i first thought it was
    Jaylen Brown = Jason Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    More like Jimmy butler with a higher ceiling. Ingram will be fine. I don't think he has the drive to be a superstar like Jaylen has shown

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Jayson Richardson before blowing out his Knee had a lot of potential and what exactly is Ingram comparison. All I can say is i've been surprised by JB's handling and passing ability because his feel is far more advanced than i thought was possible pre draft.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Yes. And a massive homer to boot.
    Other than a shot, what does Ingram have over Brown?

Browns potential>>>

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Other than a shot, what does Ingram have over Brown?

Browns potential>>>
    First off, I know nothing about Brown but going based purely by the measurable:

Ingram: 6'9.5" in shoes, 7'3" wingspan, 9'1.5" reach
    Brown: 6'7" in shoes, 6'11.5" wingspan, 8'6.5" reach

Ingram is freakishly long. C type wingspan/reach. So we are talking about a different level of size difference.

Brown is stronger quicker, faster and has a better motor.

Not only that you just mentioned his reach, dude can actually hang around at the 4