Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default History PROVES: Your stars leads the league in scoring, you don't win a title.

Only 3 players have won a title as "the man" while leading the league in scoring.

Shaq - 2000
    Jordan - 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998
    KAJ - 1971

This proves that when your star is scoring that much, the optimal offensive balance to win is skewed and one player is carrying too much of a burden. So this upcoming season, whoever is leading the league in scoring, that player's team won't win a ring unless if he's a truly transcedent talent like MJ, Shaq or KAJ.
    Last edited by ClipperRevival; 10-18-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Banned

Default Re: History PROVES: Your stars leads the league in scoring, you don't win a title.

Grizzlies fans rubbing their hands like Birdman

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: History PROVES: Your stars leads the league in scoring, you don't win a title.

So I'd say the Jazz are in pretty good shape

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Grizzlies fans rubbing their hands like Birdman

Banned

Well... who exactly was Jordans scoring rival in the 90's?

The 90's probably had the worst overall scorers in NBA history

Jordan, Malone and then???

Wings lead the league in scoring, and the 90's had 0 wing scoring talent other than Jordan

So him leading the league in scoring doesnt tell us anything

Jordan shitting all over current era accolades yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesmallmamba
    Well... who exactly was Jordans scoring rival in the 90's?

The 90's probably had the worst overall scorers in NBA history

Jordan, Malone and then???

Wings lead the league in scoring, and the 90's had 0 wing scoring talent other than Jordan

So him leading the league in scoring doesnt tell us anything

You'd never believe this but one time these aliens came to earth, held Michael Jordan hostage and made him play a basketball game. If he lost they would have taken them to their planet for entertainment purposes. He won though.

Banned

Using OP's logic, I could argue history tells us that having defensive big men and solid rebounding win championships except:

The 2012 and 2013 Heat, who won with 0 legit big men

So LeBron = GOAT then??

But then OP would argue big men talent was low during 2012-2013, so that doesnt count, this is the same logic

Jordan won scoring titles by default, there was no other scorers

Good college starter

Using OP's logic, I could argue history tells us that having defensive big men and solid rebounding win championships except:

So LeBron = GOAT then??

But then OP would argue big men talent was low during 2012-2013, so that doesnt count, this is the same logic

Chris Bosh (10x Allstar PowerForward, future HOF)

George Mikan is the 4th. Although, it's hard to really predicate if he could do that when the league got better talent overtime. The other 3 are more established players and would thrive in any era for sure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    You'd never believe this but one time these aliens came to earth, held Michael Jordan hostage and made him play a basketball game. If he lost they would have taken them to their planet for entertainment purposes. He won though.
    I once owned a pinball machine based on this event. Not sure why it didn't get mainstream media attention though.

So LeBron = GOAT then??

You can draw your own conclusions. I didn't make this thread to boost MJ. MJ just happened to be on the list. But it's an interesting fact. But you obviously being a fan of whoever seem offended by it. If the truth hurts, I am sorry.

Also, I think Durant has a good shot at pulling it off. Thunder need to stay healthy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    You can draw your own conclusions. I didn't make this thread to boost MJ. MJ just happened to be on the list. But it's an interesting fact. But you obviously being a fan of whoever seem offended by it. If the truth hurts, I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    if he's a truly transcedent talent like MJ, Shaq or KAJ.

Yup, so not only are your threads biased, but you're also a compulsive liar

Being a fan of MJ its no wonder you share many of the traits he does