Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: Why couldn't MJ elevate Kwame Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Why couldn't MJ elevate Woolridge who was just as talented as Pippen? If MJ was the creator that everyone claims he is he already had a Pippen mold in Woolridge who was better offensively
    Can anyone answer this 3ball? LostCause?Phoenix?

Why couldn't Tranny98 go outside last summer?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

He didn't know how to gather-step

That's one thing Pippen entered the league with - a very basic ability to dribble without looking like he's going to lose it, and also the proper footwork prior to take off (gather-step ability)

Guys like Sellers and Kwame never had it - they dribbled like people just learning how to dribble - like, you gotta have SOMETHING for Jordan to work with.. he isn't a junior high level instructor that teaches basic stuff like one foot in front of the other-type shit

Like, Kwame couldn't even become Jeff Green, who is a 15-17 ppg player in his best years - whereas Pippen would've developed into Jeff Green without MJ - I guess you need Jeff Green capability on your own, and then MJ can elevate you to all-time great and 6x champion HOF... ...

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

That's one thing Pippen entered the league with - a very basic ability to dribble without looking like he's going to lose it, and also the proper footwork prior to take off (gather-step ability)

Guys like Sellers and Kwame never had it - they dribbled like people just learning how to dribble - like, you gotta have SOMETHING for Jordan to work with.. he isn't a junior high level instructor that teaches basic stuff like one foot in front of the other-type shit

Like, Kwame couldn't even become Jeff Green, who is a 15-17 ppg player in his best years - whereas Pippen would've developed into Jeff Green without MJ - I guess you need Jeff Green capability on your own, and then MJ can elevate you to all-time great and 6x champion HOF... ...
    oh plz every NBA player knows how to gather step...

Pippen accepted his role wisely and acknowledged Jordan's superiority and was willing to learn.

Kwame thought he was going to bigger and better than Jordan and talked smack to him instead of learning, so Jordan proceeded to destroy him.

Massively overhyped

Quote Originally Posted by brutalBBQ
    Pippen accepted his role wisely and acknowledged Jordan's superiority and was willing to learn.

Kwame thought he was going to bigger and better than Jordan and talked smack to him instead of learning, so Jordan proceeded to destroy him.

Massively overhyped

But he was the number 1 pick in the draft who MJ handpicked himself so why couldn't he elevate him to his number 1 pick potential why was he such a bust

Quote Originally Posted by brutalBBQ

Massively overhyped
    Literally making shit up

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer
    oh plz every NBA player knows how to gather step...
    I promise that you don't know what a gather-step is

You've simply heard the term and know it's a common term, so you assume "everyone" can do it .. most can... Kwame couldn't..

Means 2 and a half steps.

You've simply heard the term and know it's a common term, so you assume "everyone" can do it .. most can... Kwame couldn't..
    Loyal to the death. Huh? Excellent poster, but so ignorant. This marks the downfall of 3ball. His credibility and history of bans is weak Wish as a member of the LeBron family we could brainwash you.

Means 2 and a half steps.
    If you can't personally teach someone else to do it, then you don't know what it is

And I suspect that you can barely walk and chew gum at the same time, so no .

Loyal to the death. Huh? Excellent poster, but so ignorant. This marks the downfall of 3ball. His credibility and history of bans is weak Wish as a member of the LeBron family we could brainwash you.
    No because I acknowledge that MJ had no eye for talent

He should've been able to see that the often, stutter-stepping, herky-jerky Kwame had no footwork.... And if players don't have footwork by the time they're 20, they almost never develop it.. they are who they are

So no, MJ isn't a good talent evaluator and Kwame was a big error... But regarding the original point - MJ couldn't develop kwame because he was all athlete without even a modicum of actual skill... Kwame dribbled like someone just learning how to dribble - like, you gotta have SOMETHING for Jordan to work with.. he isn't a junior high level instructor that teaches basic stuff like one foot in front of the other-type shit

Ultimately, Kwame couldn't even become Jeff Green, who is a 15-17 ppg player in his best years - whereas Pippen would've developed into Jeff Green without MJ - I guess you need Jeff Green capability on your own, and then MJ can elevate you to all-time great and 6x champion HOF... ...

If you can't personally teach someone else to do it, then you don't know what it is

And I suspect that you can barely walk and chew gum at the same time, so no .
    3ball is focused on me, no in fact, obsessed with me like Lebron

You log on ISH to see me. Weird.

3ball is focused on me, no in fact, obsessed with me like Lebron

You log on ISH to see me. Weird.
    Well tbh, you and me are like the only ones on here lately.. holding down ISH all by ourselves.. I'm mj ur pippen tho