Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Klay Thompson is the best perimeter defender at the Shooting Guard position

Yea better than Wade and Kobe old asses

Harden can not defend.\

Paul George (best perimeter defender USAB had) is gone now Klay will guard the best perimeter players for USAB

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Default Re: Klay Thompson is the best perimeter defender at the Shooting Guard position

isn't Tony Allen a SG?

Default Re: Klay Thompson is the best perimeter defender at the Shooting Guard position

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    isn't Tony Allen a SG?
    #Lightskinnigga who can defend with less athleticism and with gawd shooting ability over Dubeta's kryptonite.

Allen and Sef have already been mentioned. Don't Avery Bradley and Eric Bledsoe both play SG for the Cs and Suns?

Klay Thompson isn't even the best SG defender on his own team (Igoudala).

Sefolosha, Allen > Thompson .. and it's not even close

#Lightskinnigga who can defend with less athleticism and with gawd shooting ability over Dubeta's kryptonite.

Oh yeah, forgot Arron Afflalo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Klay Thompson isn't even the best SG defender on his own team (Igoudala).
    FOH that's why Warriors didn't trade him for Love tho! Iguodala is done.

Avery is way too aggressive and is likely to foul you for no reason.
    Allen is aging oh and Klay >>>> Bledsoe. Size advantage and no need to rely on athleticism like the others.

Klay is a VERY good defender, very underrated. Gives Steph a break on D countless times throughout the season so he can carry the offensive load.

Watch from about 2:20-3:40 and 5:20-6:00 to get an idea of his defense. Or just watch the whole vid if you want, it's a nice mix that shows more than just his shooting ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcJR...2cOri3KtdLXegg

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    Klay is a VERY good defender, very underrated. Gives Steph a break on D countless times throughout the season so he can carry the offensive load.

Watch from about 2:20-3:40 and 5:20-6:00 to get an idea of his defense. Or just watch the whole vid if you want, it's a nice mix that shows more than just his shooting ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcJR...2cOri3KtdLXegg
    He is underrated due to the "Splash Brothers" nickname and the fact that his backcourt mate is among the worst in the league on defense.

But I can't see anyone placing Klay as top 3 among shooting guards when you have Tony Allen, Arron Afflalo and Thabo Sefelosha.

Klay better than Wade and Kobe on D because he has young legs. Try playing elite perimeter defense after playing 15+ NBA seasons. Still not better than Allen or PG on D though.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    He is underrated due to the "Splash Brothers" nickname and the fact that his backcourt mate is among the worst in the league on defense.

But I can't see anyone placing Klay as top 3 among shooting guards when you have Tony Allen, Arron Afflalo and Thabo Sefelosha.
    Id say he's close to top3. And i didnt watch a ton of OKC games (mainly just watched the warriors) this year, but from what i heard out of thunder fans Sefelosha wasnt that great on that end this year even though he looked pretty solid from the games i saw.

I dont know how Jimmy Butler hasnt been mentioned yet either...

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

I really grow to like Klay as a player.
    He's one of the few young guys in the league that I would kill to have on my team. When u factor in everything, his offense, his defense, his length, his age, he's the complete package. He's a great fit at SG for any team's structure.

Very good NBA starter

Tony Allen