Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Who is the GOAT? (Business Insider Poll conducted March 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    Curry has an argument for being the best ever over everyone. Not necessarily the best arguments plural but he has an argument. LeBron should thank his lucky stars he can claim a victory over him or else his record would be bare.
    theres a stronger argument that in 4 finals appearances hes yet to be a top 3 performer in any series
    Last edited by G0ATbe; 03-19-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    theres a stronger argument that in 4 finals appearances hes yet to be a top 3 performer in any series
    Say the same people who keep doubting him and who don't have a clue about how he allows his team to win. I guess Curry is just the luckiest player ever. He plays in the Western Conference. Luck. He wins the most games in regular season history. Luck. He has the most dominantly efficient season ever. Luck. He beats the prior and succeeding MVP in a playoffs series. Luck. He is also led the team to the most playoffs wins record for an individual season. Luck. He beats a team that was billed as supposedly having the greatest backcourt ever. Luck. He makes four straight finals and wins in three of them against a player hailed as a candidate for being the best ever. Luck.

You can call him lucky and marvel at how idiotic you sound. Or you may realize you are looking at a game changer that hasn't been seen before. Curry is the un-Jordan. His way to winning doesn't consist of copying Jordan it is by being uniquely Curry and it is especially stunning when he thumps the Jordan avatars of this era.
    Last edited by Stephonit; 03-19-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Kareem got absolutely robbed in this poll.
    All GOAT candidates except Jordan get robbed in these polls. You can thank Nike for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    Curry has an argument for being the best ever over everyone. Not necessarily the best arguments plural but he has an argument. LeBron should thank his lucky stars he can claim a victory over him or else his record would be bare.
    Lmao, Curry has absolutely NO argument as best player ever I doubt he'll even be included in the majority of top 10 lists when he's retired. You have Hakeem, who was a better overall player than Curry, and Kobe, who stands a good chance of ending up with more titles, more FMVP's, & ahead of him in almost every significant career category, and the two of them get left off top 10 lists a lot of the time. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's a fcking delusional one and in the extremely vast minority
    Last edited by SouBeachTalents; 03-19-2019 at 11:00 AM.

2.3be

The Consensus™ strikes again!

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Lmao, Curry has absolutely NO argument as best player ever I doubt he'll even be included in the majority of people's top 10's. Hell, Hakeem was a better overall player & Kobe will more than likely end up with more titles, FMVP's, & career marks, and even they don't get included in top 10 lists a lot of the time. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's fcking delusional and in the vast minority
    Curry has the most statistically efficient offensive numbers of a high volume scorer ever. Only Jordan is comparable due to higher usage. Hakeem never faced the best player of his era in a playoffs series. Kobe does not have the statistical numbers indicating dominance. FMVPs will discredit themselves completely at this rate without Curry getting one.

What's delusional is how Curry has been one of the most successful players in NBA history

ROTFLMAO Curry is on the list. Double facepalm!!

Actually quadruple facepalm is more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    All GOAT candidates except Jordan get robbed in these polls. You can thank Nike for this.
    More Stern than Nike. Stern made the players the stars. Granted it was hard to push the players in the 70's with all the glory hunting, selfishness, and rising drug use. Magic and Bird were a breath of fresh air that allowed that to happen. And then in the 90's with cable, the NBA along with everything else went global. MJ got the benefit of the global marketing machine. All great players but this is why lots of people act like the league didn't exist before Magic/Bird. Only Kareem, Wilt and Russell are respected because you cannot ignore their stats. Anyone else? No one cares how good they were at basketball.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

[QUOTE=TheCorporation]I'm sorry but no

Have you been missing the NBA finals for the last 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    No shit. I'm 35 and I can barely tell you anything about MJ's stints with the Bulls. I saw Paxon hit his shot live but I was so ****ing young you think I understood what the **** was going on? I was 14 when he retired in 1998... do you think I had any clue?

People younger than me that say Jordan was the GOAT are letting people around them think for them... and I'm 35.
    Okay, so then how...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    You guys are both full of shit.

Bill Russell is the ****ing GOAT.
    Bro...

I think you're getting close to schizophrenia my dude.

[QUOTE=TheCorporation]I'm sorry but no

Have you been missing the NBA finals for the last 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by LeCola
    Curry had potantial to be goat but there was two points disallowed that:

1- He was very hard working guy, recovered from a massive injury and developed well but he could not made the last step. Maybe he crowed over or just reached his peak, I dont know.

2- He played all finals against Lebron. A SF not give anything for defence, only rests while ball is on other team. A defensive black hole... So, Curry's SF teammates had FMVP awards. If Lebron was a PG, he would probably average over 30 points in finals and won FMVP multiple times.

Now he wont face agains Lebron in finals, if they can keep Klay, Green and one of Cousins-Durant duo, he would probably win finals mvp multiple time in future. However, he has almost 0 chance to be goat, same as Lebron.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkm3LVYhInM

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents