Arrow Kawhitting season has begun

Bricks both free throws with like 1.4 left, sprints off the court and is probably DNP - Rest next game. Pistons are 3-0 this year against the Raptors. I'm praying for a first round series between them.

Default Re: Kawhitting season has begun

Seriously though there has to be health concerns at this point about giving him a full 4-5 year max right? I get that he's the caliber of player where it's an automatic max, but it's starting to feel like his quad condition is pretty real and he's done as a consistently elite two-way guy, and his body can't handle a full 82 game season. Or maybe he's just coasting that hard lol.

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

To counter your first point, he only missed the first FT and was forced to throw a floater at the rim on the second with vague hopes of recovering the ball. That said, the first miss ended the game.

Quote Originally Posted by E_Stamkos
    To counter your first point, he only missed the first FT and was forced to throw a floater at the rim on the second with vague hopes of recovering the ball. That said, the first miss ended the game.
    Fair enough, no disagreement there. Either way, you

3-time NBA All-Star

Great player but he hasnt done much in the WEAK EAST.. I mean his team HAS A BETTER RECORD WHEN HE DOESNT PLAY..

He will have a chance to take his team to the NBA FINALS.. The Raptors are def loaded with MARC GASOL and Lin.. Neither is great but both are very nice bench players at this point..

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Great player but he hasnt done much in the WEAK EAST.. I mean his team HAS A BETTER RECORD WHEN HE DOESNT PLAY..

He will have a chance to take his team to the NBA FINALS.. The Raptors are def loaded with MARC GASOL and Lin.. Neither is great but both are very nice bench players at this point..
    What are you, a comic book letterer? Nice caps hahah
    So dramatic

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN

I’ve kept a close eye on Gasol and that dude is showing major signs of being done. Ultimately, the trade will be graded on how the do in the postseason, but thus far it hasn’t been good. Although he did fill the shat sheet today, the Raptors got outscored by like 30 in the paint.

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

[QUOTE=Uncle Drew]Fair enough, no disagreement there. Either way, you

No idea how Raptor fans feel about him, but not for a second would I trust Nick Nurse to win me games in the postseason.

Raptors and Bucks have not been looking so good last games.

If Celtics click in the postseason, they might get to the finals.

And 76ers are the dark horse.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MJistheGOAT
    Raptors and Bucks have not been looking so good last games.

If Celtics click in the postseason, they might get to the finals.

And 76ers are the dark horse.

If I was putting money on a team in the East it would def be the Celtics .. .. They have the a great team with the best closer and the best coach imo..

The Sixers are talented but their bench is no way as good as Boston's bench.. The Raptors are just as talented as any team in the league besides GSW but will Kawhi play big when it counts..

I have Boston vs GSW with GSW winning in 7.. I may put money on Boston if the odds are MAKE IT WORTH IT.. It is really hard to win three straight without some help from the REFS.. Both the Bulls and Lakers got plenty of help when they won three straight.. Especially for that third title..
    Last edited by NBASTATMAN; 03-17-2019 at 07:19 PM.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    No idea how Raptor fans feel about him, but not for a second would I trust Nick Nurse to win me games in the postseason.
    That's the thing. He just doesn't have the look of a basketball coach. You can usually judge a book by its cover and just getting a glimpse of him tells you he doesn't have it. He honestly looks like he posts on InsideHoops.

And the severity of the Kawhi load management (19 games?! Come on) should tell you that it's all about dealing conservatively with a long-term condition. He's not gonna play the same in the regular season ever again.

I just question if that switch can be turned on when the playoffs hit and he can become a defensive monster again. Pretty much everybody can attest to how hard it can be to summon the effort to pick back up a good habit, no matter how simple it is. Now consider just 'picking up where you left off' playing hard-ass defense, which probably increases his effort, focus, and conditioning required by something like an extra 30-40%. It usually just doesn't happen.
    Last edited by brooks_thompson; 03-17-2019 at 07:25 PM.

He literally doesn't give a single **** about the regular season, and doesn't have to.

Talk after the playoffs.