Default Triple Frontier Is Actually Not A Bad Film

I watched it last night with my wife expecting just a popcorn flick but I was surprised to see it wasn't a one-dimensional film.

At first I thought it was gonna be all about the heist then when they managed to steal the money quickly I figured the second part would be about the cartel guys hunting them down once they get comfortable in the US. None of which turned out to be true.

The inclusion of the archetypal themes of, the corruptive power of greed, karma and easy come easy go added to the depth of the plot; especially when it affected the one character with more experience and was presented as a man whom others depended on.

The director made great use of the setting to enrich the visuals and cinematography, a good mix of aerial and sequence shots of rain forests and jagged snow covered peaks for instance.

The acting left something to be desired though, which is pretty much expected when you bring Charlie Hunnam aboard. But I blame the garbage screenplay more than the actors, there is so much you can do when you are given shitty lines to work with.

Overall though, compared to the low standards of today's action films, this is one of the good ones.

Default Re: Triple Frontier Is Actually Not A Bad Film

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    I watched it last night with my wife expecting just a popcorn flick but I was surprised to see it wasn't a one-dimensional film.

At first I thought it was gonna be all about the heist then when they managed to steal the money quickly I figured the second part would be about the cartel guys hunting them down once they get comfortable in the US. None of which turned out to be true.

The inclusion of the archetypal themes of, the corruptive power of greed, karma and easy come easy go added to the depth of the plot; especially when it affected the one character with more experience and was presented as a man whom others depended on.

The director made great use of the setting to enrich the visuals and cinematography, a good mix of aerial and sequence shots of rain forests and jagged snow covered peaks for instance.

The acting left something to be desired though, which is pretty much expected when you bring Charlie Hunnam aboard. But I blame the garbage screenplay more than the actors, there is so much you can do when you are given shitty lines to work with.

Overall though, compared to the low standards of today's action films, this is one of the good ones.
    Good look on the rundown. Going to check it out either today or this weekend.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

As mentioned above, great cinematography, but for heist films, it wasn't as suspenseful as I would have liked. The most suspenseful part to me was the Andes mountains scene. Garrett Hedlund stole the show too.

Forgot it released, nice run down

Bout to check it out

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

It was alright. It's great cast lifted a mediocre script.

loved it. the people mad enough to downvote it are conditioned to shit movies like marvel films.

this was a good, nontraditional film.

I enjoyed it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I'll watch it tonight I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    I enjoyed it.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby

Having watched it... this was an excellent rundown. I'm glad the question that most sensible people will be asking throughout the second and third acts was addressed at the end of the film.

Watched it 2 days ago. Pretty good movie. Story is shallow, acting was alright (nothing special), cast was good, bit clich