Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Question Should I restore my 2008 Mustang?

Just need some quick opinions here, please.

I have a 2008 V6 Mustang with an upgraded body kit and Borla exhaust that's been sitting in the driveway for the last year or so. I purchased a Challenger in 2016 and that's my every day car.

The Mustang needs work. Lots of it. There's a leak somewhere that finds its way to the passenger side floor. Needs a paint job. Needs a spoiler. Rims are all faded and scratched and interior lining is peeling off or completely peeled off.

I took it to Carmax the other day and they offered me $2 thousand for it, and I've tried to sell it privately for around $4 thousand with no takers.

So outside of the mean looking body kit and Borla exhaust, should I keep the car as a project car to restore it to its former glory, or should I take what I can get for it in its current condition??

What would you do?

Default Re: Should I restore my 2008 Mustang?

look up the value of an 08 mustang in fair-good condition. based on that market value, would you say the repairs and time invested are worth it?

copart is a nice website to look up for used parts. or just any big junkyard in general.

in my experience, not usually worth repairing it unless it's an easy fix. usually a car that has multiple areas of need is a headache that is not worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    look up the value of an 08 mustang in fair-good condition. based on that market value, would you say the repairs and time invested are worth it?

copart is a nice website to look up for used parts. or just any big junkyard in general.

in my experience, not usually worth repairing it unless it's an easy fix. usually a car that has multiple areas of need is a headache that is not worth the time.

In it's current condition and with the mileage (115k), it's value is only around 4-5k.

I got a quote the other day to replace the back bumper (too scratched to paint over) and put the rear spoiler on (that I already purchased separately), and they quoted me around $900. So with the spoiler purchase, I'm already close to $1250.

I'm leaning towards it not being worth the time.

This is me on the Left circa 2010. Would be restoring it back to this.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

not worth it in a million years. The money + time you'd have to put into it greatly outweighs what the car would ever be worth.

Restore it if you love the car. But at the end of the day, it's a 2008 v6 mustang with 115k on the clock.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

No, no, no.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Unless cars are a major hobby for you, you never should have purchased the Challenger.

Cars are nothing other than meaningless status symbols for simple minded people. Americans are in so much unfruitful car debt it’s insane. What you don’t want to get judged for driving a clunker? A car’s only purpose is to get you from point A to point B. Don’t let a car you own end up owning you.

You should sell whatever is going to help you get out of vehicle debt the fastest and then drive the other one into the ground.

**** car payments.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

[QUOTE=Ben Simmons 25]Unless cars are a major hobby for you, you never should have purchased the Challenger.

Cars are nothing other than meaningless status symbols for simple minded people. [B]Americans are in so much unfruitful car debt it

[QUOTE=Ben Simmons 25]Unless cars are a major hobby for you, you never should have purchased the Challenger.

Cars are nothing other than meaningless status symbols for simple minded people. Americans are in so much unfruitful car debt it

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Ain't no bitches gonna look at me in a Toyota Tercel, son.
    or any other car period.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    or any other car period.

Hey, at least I post pics of cars I actually own.

Hey, at least I post pics of cars I actually own.

i've posted my tacoma before

and i never claimed to own a raptor.

you should know since you save every picture i post to your desktop. check your files perv.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

If you love cars, sure.

People that love cars don't do it all for the money.

And OP got the racists shook with his white identity and cultured mustang.

Yet another beautiful white culture aspect; camaros and mustangs.

Just need some quick opinions here, please.

I have a 2008 V6 Mustang with an upgraded body kit and Borla exhaust that's been sitting in the driveway for the last year or so. I purchased a Challenger in 2016 and that's my every day car.

The Mustang needs work. Lots of it. There's a leak somewhere that finds its way to the passenger side floor. Needs a paint job. Needs a spoiler. Rims are all faded and scratched and interior lining is peeling off or completely peeled off.

I took it to Carmax the other day and they offered me $2 thousand for it, and I've tried to sell it privately for around $4 thousand with no takers.

So outside of the mean looking body kit and Borla exhaust, should I keep the car as a project car to restore it to its former glory, or should I take what I can get for it in its current condition??

What would you do?
    clean it up nice for me OP.

I want the car spotless when I come by to spit on it. Might even spray paint OP is a fakkit, give your neighbors a heads up.

Not a fan of that model body type. The newer one is arguably better than the camaro.

Keep the car and sell for $4-5k private..

Cars are nothing other than meaningless status symbols for simple minded people. Americans are in so much unfruitful car debt it