Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe's point guard instincts are nonexistent

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Not really, he's a shoot first like all the other Suns guard.
    name a hof point guard that's not john stockton or steve nash that didn't really look to get his own shot or didn't score many points when his team needed.

this myth that pgs are supposed to just pass and not shoot needs to stop. it's f*cking annoying. nba history itself contradicts that notion

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    You said he's a "true" PG. None of the players you listed are. He's like those players you listed but not as good. I like him but he's a tier below those guys and three tiers above Thomas and one above Bledsoe.
    I definitely think he's on those guys' level but he's being severely underutilized on this team. You cannot tell me those guys were at a higher level than Goran in 2013-2014. He dominated everyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik
    name a hof point guard that's not john stockton or steve nash that didn't really look to get his own shot or didn't score many points when his team needed.

this myth that pgs are supposed to just pass and not shoot needs to stop. it's f*cking annoying. nba history itself contradicts that notion
    I mean I think it's near impossible to win when your best player is a PG and in today's NBA a PG who can get to the foul line is the most important quality in a PG, sadly.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    I mean I think it's near impossible to win when your best player is a PG and in today's NBA a PG who can get to the foul line is the most important quality in a PG, sadly.
    usually that's because the other guys around them are trash. but look at history, how many teams were in or near the finals with a pg being their best player:

magic led lakers
    steve nash suns
    earl monroe bullets
    jason kidd nets
    gary payton sonics
    2011 and 2012 (pre rose injury) bulls
    chauncey billups (arguable)
    zeke
    tony parker

just to name a few.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

It's funny how guys born so gifted physically suffer from poor skills sets.. It's almost like a curse. They're so used to cruising against nobodies when they face top comp they just suck or are average.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I definitely think he's on those guys' level but he's being severely underutilized on this team. You cannot tell me those guys were at a higher level than Goran in 2013-2014. He dominated everyone.
    As much as I like Dragic you're dreaming to tell me he's on the same level as those guys. You can add Curry to that list too. Also how is he under utilized? It's his job to get guys involved. Good PGs get players the ball where they need it. They make shitty players look good and good players look great. I really like him but he is a level below the best PGs.

NBA rookie of the year

masonanddixon, are you Slovenian?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Everybody's whipping boy this season. *smirk*

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    As much as I like Dragic you're dreaming to tell me he's on the same level as those guys. You can add Curry to that list too. Also how is he under utilized? It's his job to get guys involved. Good PGs get players the ball where they need it. They make shitty players look good and good players look great. I really like him but he is a level below the best PGs.
    He's under utilized because he's playing off the ball and in the 4th quarters he almost never brings the ball up and seems to be more of a decoy than anything else. He is the best player on that team and should touch the ball on damn near every possession in the 4th, but he goes long stretches without even a touch when it matters.

Last season with Bledsoe out he basically enabled everyone on that supporting cast to play a level above their actual capability.

The only PGs you listed who I would say are definitely above him are Curry (play) and Westbrook (experience). But I definitely believe he could easily fill the role of Wall/Lillard/ etc
    Last edited by masonanddixon; 02-11-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Everybody's whipping boy this season. *smirk*
    Look at last season's record and this season's record. Sure Thomas sucks and Frye was a huge loss, but at some point you have to look at reality...

National High School Star allball's Avatar

28 or 29 is pretty young to lose athleticism

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik

Jason Kidd? Obviously a pass first PG. Bob Cousy?

Serious playground baller Mawly-G's Avatar

Sure he's not a classic PG like Kidd/Nash but neither are wall, Westbrook, Lillard, etc.
    So what exactly is a "true" PG?

How wouldn't Wall be considered a true point guard when the dude is leading the league in assists at 10+ apg?

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

He's under utilized because he's playing off the ball and in the 4th quarters he almost never brings the ball up and seems to be more of a decoy than anything else. He is the best player on that team and should touch the ball on damn near every possession in the 4th, but he goes long stretches without even a touch when it matters.

Last season with Bledsoe out he basically enabled everyone on that supporting cast to play a level above their actual capability.

The only PGs you listed who I would say are definitely above him are Curry (play) and Westbrook (experience). But I definitely believe he could easily fill the role of Wall/Lillard/ etc
    Well I'm sorry you feel that way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allball
    28 or 29 is pretty young to lose athleticism
    he has bad knees