Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Even Carlos Boozer Has Given Up

1-11 from the field.

He was the Lakers one true NBA player (after Kobe of course)...

I guess that cast of mis-fits are finally dragging him down...

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Even Carlos Boozer Has Given Up

Allstarbreakitis...

Also second night of the back to back had more to do with it

not sure how the schedule makers have them go on the road for nearly two weeks come home for one game then have to travel again but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Allstarbreakitis...

Also second night of the back to back had more to do with it

not sure how the schedule makers have them go on the road for nearly two weeks come home for one game then have to travel again but oh well
    Have the Lakers had any games in the last couple of months where they shot over 40% from the floor?

Every time I look they are under it...

I'll give this team some credit...

other than Boozer,

not really a player on the roster that any other NBA team would want...

but they seem to play their hearts out.

Not a typical tank job.

Decent playground baller

what's your thoughts on advanced metrics trying to prove that kobe makes the team worse?

i find them pretty flawed to gauge individual talent, and more accurate when describing a whole system

Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne92
    what's your thoughts on advanced metrics trying to prove that kobe makes the team worse?

i find them pretty flawed to gauge individual talent, and more accurate when describing a whole system
    Kobe was pretty much just a shell this year. But what irritated me was that the "Kobe-bashers" jumped all over him when he was playing poorly. I said at the time,...what difference does it make?

And we now have seen just how much surrounding talent he had...absolutely none (well, other than an aging Boozer.)

We saw what a peak Kobe could accomplish...his '06 team had as much talent as this year's Laker team...and he single-handedly carried them to a 45-37 record. And of course, when he had quality rosters...back-to-back titles, and three straight trips to the Finals.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    I'll give this team some credit...

other than Boozer,

not really a player on the roster that any other NBA team would want...

but they seem to play their hearts out.

Not a typical tank job.
    they do play hard most nights.. tonight wasn't one of them.. they looked tired

lots of youth on this team, getting good experience there's a number of players that hopefully should be back next year

Boozer and Lin obviously won't but I'd imagine most the kids will be

they do play hard most nights.. tonight wasn't one of them.. they looked tired

lots of youth on this team, getting good experience there's a number of players that hopefully should be back next year

Boozer and Lin obviously won't but I'd imagine most the kids will be
    I really don't see much there though. Maybe Davis...and possibly Hill...both as backups. The rest of the roster I would just trash and start over.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne92

if you torture numbers long enough they'll tell you anything

obviously Kobe isn't the same Kobe this season.. When you're in your 19th season coming off of two huge injuries you can't be the only go to guy on the team, somebody has to step up but they don't have anyone that can do it consistently..

they show all the signs of young players, streaky, horrible on the road better at home, giving up leads when a team rallies in the second half

most these guys even when they hit their prime will be role players at best, but they are far from being in their primes yet, there might be a couple hidden gems

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Davis is better than him. Davis is the only player on the Lakers right now worth keeping (minus Randle)

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

obviously Kobe isn't the same Kobe this season.. When you're in your 19th season coming off of two huge injuries you can't be the only go to guy on the team, somebody has to step up but they don't have anyone that can do it consistently..

they show all the signs of young players, streaky, horrible on the road better at home, giving up leads when a team rallies in the second half

most these guys even when they hit their prime will be role players at best, but they are far from being in their primes yet, there might be a couple hidden gems
    Yea, one only has to look how the Spurs struggled there for awhile without Kawhi and Parker to see that a damn near forty year old Duncan isn't leading you anywhere near a Finals on his own.

Same for Kobe, I have no doubt that with a better Team his play would be better too.

Decent playground baller

Kobe was pretty much just a shell this year. But what irritated me was that the "Kobe-bashers" jumped all over him when he was playing poorly. I said at the time,...what difference does it make?

And we now have seen just how much surrounding talent he had...absolutely none (well, other than an aging Boozer.)

We saw what a peak Kobe could accomplish...his '06 team had as much talent as this year's Laker team...and he single-handedly carried them to a 45-37 record. And of course, when he had quality rosters...back-to-back titles, and three straight trips to the Finals.

his quality roster wasn't even as deep as others. kobe just knows how to utilize teammates to their strengths.

like you said, has anyone shot over 40%

Banned

I've been saying, these next few years are going to be really dark for the Lakers. Remember back the days when Cedric Ceballos was their best player and Magic was coaching? It's gonna be like that after Kobe retires.

But hey, every organization goes through rebuilding times. Even the Spurs haven't always been on top.

Decent playground baller

of course i agree. ive been saying that for years, stats can be misleading.

thing is i still think kobe can play effectively when surrounded by talent.

people really underestimate his skill set.

all he needs to do is be able to get into his spots, which he couldnt this year cause of declining athleticism + doubled on and off the ball being pushed to the perimter= low FG%

shhhhhhh

I really don't see much there though. Maybe Davis...and possibly Hill...both as backups. The rest of the roster I would just trash and start over.
    Davis yes, Hill maybe, he might be jettisoned to create cap space if he makes it past the trade deadline

I like Clarkson. T Black, Ellington might get an offer to return once the free agency dust settles same with Wesley Johnson most those guys will fit in better next year with some continuity

Kelly will be back unless they trade him

They'd probably move young if they get a chance but I'm not sure they can..