Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fallout 4 Officially Confirmed

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2015/06...by-teaser-site

https://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Full trailer expected today.

Insert *it's happening* gif

Default Re: Fallout 4 Officially Confirmed

Trailer looked neat. Lots of pre-war stuff in there, so I wonder if your character starts off in that era when the bombs where dropped, but went into Vault 111, then was one of the first vault dwellers out to explore the wastes.

Banned

Banned

Looks like post-apocalyptic Sims.

Needs to be in the desert.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

bethesda's still using the same engine it seems. i'm kinda torn on that. on one hand, that's the hallmark of bethesda games, on the other hand, i don't want to have to download a 100mb community made "unofficial patch" to fix gamebreaking bugs. but the community always makes awesome mods as well.

idk, i guess i was just expecting them to try some new things with next gen. i'm still excited for it though.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

The one series I've wanted to play and just haven't had the time. Does it matter if you play NV before 3 (I own NV; will probably wait for the steam sale for 3).

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik
    bethesda's still using the same engine it seems. i'm kinda torn on that. on one hand, that's the hallmark of bethesda games, on the other hand, i don't want to have to download a 100mb community made "unofficial patch" to fix gamebreaking bugs. but the community always makes awesome mods as well.

idk, i guess i was just expecting them to try some new things with next gen. i'm still excited for it though.
    You'd have hoped they'd worked out all the game breaking bugs in the engine by now. I'm not too concerned with the graphics, I just want to be able to play the game without it crashing all the damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    The one series I've wanted to play and just haven't had the time. Does it matter if you play NV before 3 (I own NV; will probably wait for the steam sale for 3).
    The games all take place in the same universe, so there's familiar factions, companies, enemies and locations in all of them, but they are all their own separate stories, so the order in which you play them is irrelevant.

I am past the point of giving Bethesda the benefit of doubt. They made billions on Skyrim, there is no reason for them to still be making games on fvcking Gamebryo.

If they don't give a shit about the graphics reaching at least a certain level, why should I think they give a shit about gameplay/story/etc.?

Learning to shoot layups

I just hope when it launches it isn't a bug filled game like New Vegas was. I think if I were to get this game, I would wait a little bit and give them to patch all the bugs that are bound to come up in a game this big.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    I am past the point of giving Bethesda the benefit of doubt. They made billions on Skyrim, there is no reason for them to still be making games on fvcking Gamebryo.

If they don't give a shit about the graphics reaching at least a certain level, why should I think they give a shit about gameplay/story/etc.?
    Those run animations

who the fck wants to play a game in baaahston anyway.

I've never played a Fallout game at release so it might help to temper my criticism but I actually kinda like the graphics in this game for some reason. It's sort of a signature look event if it's flawed and adds to the sci-fi nature of the game.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    No it doesnt really matter.

Would help you understand the lore in the game. Fallout series has an extremely rich lore. but it doesnt really matter.

NV is not that connected to 3. NV is much more connected storywise to fallout 1 and 2. 1,2, and NV take place on the west coast. Groups that are present in fallout 2 such as the new california republic are there in NV. 3 takes place on the east coast, specifically washington dc.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 06-15-2015 at 01:13 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    Fallout has never been about graphics, it has been about story and game play. its like saying the NBA has no tackling, why should i think they give a shit about shooting and ball handling when they dont give a shit about tackling.

Story:
    For any history buff fallout's lore is amazing. Basically fallout follows real world events until about 1945, (the end of WW2).

Things that diverge about the fallout universe
    - technology evolves differently from what happened in the real life. The tech at the beginning of the great war of 2077 (a massive nuclear exchange between the US and China that destroys the world) is a more advanced stylized version of what advanced societies would look like in the 1950s. Eg. huge computers, robots, laser weaponry, etc. Humans never invented the transistor and never manage reduce the size and increase the processing power of computers. Nuclear weapons are only fission based and fusion based hydrogen bombs are never invented. However fallout's universe is more advanced than real life in other ways, robotics, energy weaponry, power armor, etc.

-Pre great war the Soviet union never collapses and instead becomes more neutral with america and doesnt compete with america for supremacy.
    - the global competition is between capitalist america and communist china. (america has the edge because of its power armor technology) (the chinese have stealth armor).

-the whole world is extremely dependant on fossil fuels and this triggers various energy wars that devastate the planet. (Europe goes to war with the Middle East, Tel Aviv is destroyed by a nuclear terrorist attack, etc) China attempts to drill off the South China Sea for oil deposits and America secretly sabotages the operation. This leads china to decide to invade Alaska because they are desperate to acquire the energy resources in Alaska. The US annexes Canada militarily in order to counter the threat and sends its military northward to reinforce its defenses, and also simultaneously opens an offensive attack on mainland china. The Canadians had become angry that US troops were positioned on their territory to guard the Alaskan pipeline. The US responds by militarily conquering it.

- basically the oil shortages forces drastic changes on world society. The UN collapses as countries withdraw and it fails to prevent war after war. The US basically suspends democracy in order to deal with the energy crisis and china. The war against the Chinese is long and brutal but US power armor technology is winning the war. The Chinese respond by launching nuclear missiles at the US and the US responds by doing the same. Other states around the world also launch nukes at each other, (by this time since the middle east has run out of oil the Europeans have started to fight each other rather than their unifying goal of stealing middle eastern oil)

-Before things got too bad there was a company called vault tech who created these fallout shelters called vaults. The normal shelter was designed to hold about 1000 people, they created a special shelter that could hold much more. The US government also survived the nuclear war and become a political group called the enclave. While everybody else was basically destroyed or had their technology destroyed they Enclave maintained and improved upon existing technology.

-the vaults were actually sick social experiments created by vault tech.
    Another group is the brotherhood of steel, basically prewar they were an elite military unit that operated power armor, but the rebelled against the US government shortly before the nuclear exchange because they were give what they considered immoral orders. They are now a knightly order and operate Pre-War power armor and weaponry. Other than the enclave and aliens they are probably the most technologically advanced group we have seen. The institute might be more advanced.

Various new political groups emerge like the new California republic and cesars legion. The NCR is a democracy that aims to reestablish what the US was. Cesar’s legion is a collection of tribes under the command of Cesar (a educated man whole took control of a tribe and conquered 72 others) and they envision themselves as an empire under the control of their old emperor Cesar.

Gameplay:
    Fallout imo has extremely diverse and fun gameplay. They basically give a different twist to the whole fantasy genre of games. Eg. instead of warriors and knights you have power armor. Instead of wizards, you have explosive weaponry and energy weapons. Instead of archers you have projectile guns (eg. shotguns, assault rifles, etc). Instead of thieves/rouges you have stealth armor with invisibility inducing technology.

You can play the game in a wide variety of ways. Everything from a distance fighter using guns to a melee fighter using close range weapons like power fists, energy swords, hydraulic powered hammers, flame swords powered by propane, etc.

You can choose to avoid combat by sneaking around and using diplomacy or chose to kill everyone. You get to make decisions that change the available quests and the story line and ending. All NPC characters are killable. If you kill an important character to a faction and this action is seen you become their enemy and usually cant repair the relationship.

You can choose to allocate skill points thus customizing your build. In fallout 3 and NV you can either choose to play like a first person shooter or in 3rd person. you can choose to play like a turn based rpg with the vats system or in real time (this is incorporated seemlessly, its really hard to describe). You can go up close and play the game like dynasty warrirors or stay far away and play the game using sniper rifles.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 06-13-2015 at 02:04 PM.

http://www.gfycat.com/RecklessSolidAchillestang

It may look last-gen but I don't care. This game is gonna be awesome.