Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Jordan on the 2003-2010 Cavs - how far do they get?

no one can stop prime jordan

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    you always think every team can beat the 09 lakers. Get over it, kobe got a fmvp and no one else was winning that year. Shrimp dick.

cavs with jordan do better though
    WHAT?

I just think the Cavs matched up really well against them...which they did.

And I don't know what teams you think I say could have beaten the 09 Lakers. The only two that year that had a chance imo was the Cavs and a healthy Celtics team.

But you are telling me the Cavs get prime MJ...yea, I'm taking them over the 09 Lakers if they get there in heartbeat....it really wouldn't be a competitive series because of the bad matchup. You throw MJ out there...and the only advantage that Lakers team has over the Cavs goes away and becomes a negative.

MJ led cavs beat the 09 Lakers in 5 if they get there. It would be getting by Orlando that would be the problem.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 03-12-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Banned

Jordan wouldn't be able to last till 2010, he would collude by year 4 latest

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    WHAT?

I just think the Cavs matched up really well against them...which they did.

And I don't know what teams you think I say could have beaten the 09 Lakers. The only two that year that had a chance imo was the Cavs and a healthy Celtics team.

But you are telling me the Cavs get prime MJ...yea, I'm taking them over the 09 Lakers if they get there in heartbeat....it really wouldn't be a competitive series because of the bad matchup. You throw MJ out there...and the only advantage that Lakers team has over the Cavs goes away and becomes a negative.

MJ led cavs beat the 09 Lakers in 5 if they get there. It would be getting by Orlando that would be the problem.
    If Dwight destroyed the Cavs and Pau destroyed Dwight, how would the Cavs have controlled the point against the best frontcourt they would have faced in the playoffs including a peak Pau?

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Jordan wouldn't be able to last till 2010, he would collude by year 4 latest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzcuUgFxn0k

College superstar

best chance would be in 2007 and 2010, but not sure they win any.

lebron played terrible in the finals, and blah in the semifinals vs boston. i could see jordan matching up better vs those particular teams (/unbiased)

I think they win the title in 09 potentially. And potentially upset the Spurs in 07.

I think 1 title in either 07 or 09 is likely.

10 is possible, but less likely in my opinion. Those Cavs in 10 weren't as good as they were in 09 and I think they lose to the Celtics or Lakers in the finals.

In 09...I think the Cavs with Lebron would have beaten the 09 Lakers (just a good matchup for the Cavs)...and I think MJ does enough defensively and managing the game against Orlando to get that series win.

It's also under-rated just how pathetic Lebron was in the 07 finals. We are talking 4th year MJ on the 07 Cavs. He isn't shitting the bed like that in the finals.

That 07 Cavs team might have been the perfect team for young MJ as well. a great defensive team with really good role players that would have allowed MJ to just be a much better version of 01 Iverson on both ends.

Now that I think more about it...I'm going to say 07 as the most likely title year.

no bs, jordan wouldn't even make the playoffs a few of those years.

minimum 2 finals and at least 1 ring.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    no bs, jordan wouldn't even make the playoffs a few of those years.
    2-5

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    They weren't....are you serious?

They were worse on both ends...and heavily relied on Jamsion.

LOL...it wasn't close.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    If Dwight destroyed the Cavs and Pau destroyed Dwight, how would the Cavs have controlled the point against the best frontcourt they would have faced in the playoffs including a peak Pau?
    I don't think Pau would have hurt the Cavs the way Howard did. Howard's imposing athleticism did things to the Cavs that they just couldn't answer.

Pau is just a different kind of player. I don't think he hurts them like that.

I think they win the title in 09 potentially. And potentially upset the Spurs in 07.

I think 1 title in either 07 or 09 is likely.

10 is possible, but less likely in my opinion. Those Cavs in 10 weren't as good as they were in 09 and I think they lose to the Celtics or Lakers in the finals.

In 09...I think the Cavs with Lebron would have beaten the 09 Lakers (just a good matchup for the Cavs)...and I think MJ does enough defensively and managing the game against Orlando to get that series win.

It's also under-rated just how pathetic Lebron was in the 07 finals. We are talking 4th year MJ on the 07 Cavs. He isn't shitting the bed like that in the finals.

That 07 Cavs team might have been the perfect team for young MJ as well. a great defensive team with really good role players that would have allowed MJ to just be a much better version of 01 Iverson on both ends.

Now that I think more about it...I'm going to say 07 as the most likely title year.
    are you crazy? there is no way in hell that cavs team was getting by the spurs. you put prime shaq on these cavs instead of lebron and they still aren't winning.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    One of the main reasons I rate LeBron as the greatest player of all-time is due to the extent to which he made teams full of pure horse shit overachieve. You look at the Cavs from 2003-2010 and they basically resembled a today's version of the Knicks or Lakers. They were just horrid, horrid basketball teams outside of LeBron himself.

This was further proven after LeBron left in 2010, when the Cavs averaged a .311 winning % putting them at about a 25 win pace per season.

This was the same junk that LeBron was carrying to 61 and 66 win seasons, the NBA Finals, deep playoff runs, etc.

My problem with Jordan as the unanimous GOAT is that he's never carried a team as bad as LeBron's 03-10 Cavs. While Jordan won a lot and dominated the playoffs, he always had great teams when he did so.

Whenever Jordan had bad teams, he didn't get very far in the playoffs, usually a .500 or worse record and first round and out. While I don't have a problem with anyone saying Jordan is GOAT, I would personally put him #2 after LeBron due to these reasons.
    Lebron doesn't do ANY better in Jordan's NBA/Eastern Conference with the teams MJ had, and Jordan does WAY better (both win total and advancing further in the postseason) if he played on Lebron's Cavs in the '05-'10 EC. They played in VERY different leagues and especially conferences. Lebron's Cavs a few years actually had more talent relative to the league and their conference opponents than Jordan's Bulls had prior to 1990.

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Lebron doesn't do ANY better in Jordan's NBA/Eastern Conference with the teams MJ had, and Jordan does WAY better (both win total and advancing further in the postseason) if he played on Lebron's Cavs in the '05-'10 EC. They played in VERY different leagues and especially conferences. Lebron's Cavs a few years actually had more talent relative to the league and their conference opponents than Jordan's Bulls had prior to 1990.
    2007 Cavs = worst team in Finals history. Minus LeBron they were a 15 win team yet LeBron won the East with them. Whenever Jordan had comparably bad teams, he always lost in the first round.

2009 and 2010 Cavs also = horrible, awful teams that won 15-20 games after LeBron left. Yet LeBron led them to 66 and 61 wins, essentially providing 40+ wins by himself.

Jordan also had dominant teams but only with a prime Pippen, Grant or Rodman, Kukoc, and the GOAT coach.

What I'm saying is I've never seen Jordan take complete crap and turn it into gold the way LeBron did.