Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default raptors trade idea

Handsbrough for Ed Davis. Raps toss in a second rounder.

Raps start Lowry, Derozen, JJ, Patterson, Val
    Bench Vaz, Sweet Lou, Ross, Davis, Amir

Amir and Davis have excellent chemistry up front. Davis helps cure some of our rebounding woes. Much better pick and roll player than Hansbrough.

Move Ross to sixth man roll and early sub for JJ. Still needs to play some with derozen and Lowry to help spacing. Patterson's shooting and the combined mobility of Patterson and and JJ should help the defence. Amir in second unit will help that unit's defence.

Thoughts?
    Or Stiesma and this year's late first round pick.
    I still wish we wouldn't have let him go in the first place. At 25 years old he would be pretty easy to resign at a reasonable price in the summer. We brought JJ back, so why not Davis. He is a perfect fit with Amir and our second unit.
    Last edited by barkleynash; 01-11-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Default Re: raptors trade idea

I would happily welcome Ed back with open arms. I have an inkling that the Lakers really like him though, so a second rounder and Hans might not cut it.

This summer you let Hansbrough, fields and Hayes, and Sweet Lou expire.
    Turn ross into sixth man next year in Sweet Lou's role. Resign hayes to vet minimum. Davis and Amir on overpays for 1 year deals. Amir 1 year 10 mill. Davis at 1 year 5 mill. Then you have cap space for summer of 2016.

Lowry, Vaz FA point guard/ second rounder
    Derozen, Ross FA three point shooter.
    JJ, Ross Bruno/Daniels
    Patterson, Davis Hayes
    Val amir Bebe

Agree Done and Done. They would gladly take stiesma and our late first rounder this year though and it would be a win win for both teams. Lakers continue to tank and raps lose a late first rounder for a relatively young 25 year old Davis.

Ujiri cleans up yet another mess from Colangelo. Should have kept Davis all along.

We will still have 2 first rounders in 2016 to play with. Ours, plus the knicks/Nuggets pick.
    Last edited by barkleynash; 01-11-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    This summer you let Hansbrough, fields and Hayes, and Sweet Lou expire.
    Turn ross into sixth man next year in Sweet Lou's role. Resign hayes to vet minimum. Davis and Amir on overpays for 1 year deals. Amir 1 year 10 mill. Davis at 1 year 5 mill. Then you have cap space for summer of 2016.

Lowry, Vaz FA point guard/ second rounder
    Derozen, Ross FA three point shooter.
    JJ, Ross Bruno/Daniels
    Patterson, Davis Hayes
    Val amir Bebe
    Raps needs to re-sign Lou

I'm not sure Pacer-Raptor, although he has been a huge addition to the squad this year, his style of play seems to take away from Vaz, who we are locked in with for another year after this. I think if Ross accepted a role as sixth man and got an opportunity to go against second unit guys, like Lou, he could emerge as a great sixth man. It seems to be more his personality anyway. Sweet Lou can score and has big game abilities. Playoffs might be the deciding factor. I think this team could survive without Sweet Lou next year. we might need to spend our money on some size. Which is why I was thinking of using the money on Ed Davis.