Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Italian team Virtus Bologna has verbal agreement with Kobe Bryant!

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Cool. If Kobe can pull $3M, I wonder what Wade, Bron, or Howard could get over there.

Definitely interested to see how he's used in the offense and how hard he plays. Should be fun to watch him play in a different system for once. I hope he gives it his all but for some reason I doubt it.

C'mon.
    Iso's, and that's about it.

Maybe it's not clear to you guys, but this buffoon, Sabatini, wants to turn the Italian league into a set of Kobe's exhibition games, and share the revenues with other presidents.
    It's just depressing for a basketball fan.

Ok, the BS has come to an end.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/bas...i+allontana%3F

Luckily, the Italian League refused Sabbatini's proposal to change the schedule of the games in order to play 10 games during Kobe's 40-day contract (the only way to collect enough cash to pay him).

Phew, someone is still rational in this poor country of mine.

Decent playground baller novocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    Ok, the BS has come to an end.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/bas...i+allontana%3F

Luckily, the Italian League refused Sabbatini's proposal to change the schedule of the games in order to play 10 games during Kobe's 40-day contract (the only way to collect enough cash to pay him).

Phew, someone is still rational in this poor country of mine.
    I thought rescheduling was imminent, cause of the 17th team..

Quote Originally Posted by novocaine
    I thought rescheduling was imminent, cause of the 17th team..
    Yes but one thing is to reschedule a "normal" schedule (1 game per week), another is to force a 10-game month just for the crazy, self-boasting idea of one president.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    LMAO...this is probably some loser who's never even been on an airplane, much less out of the country. People in Europe don't know any of those players well. Kobe will make them more money than those three players combined. There is a reason he is getting these offers and they are not...use your brain a little, if you have any.

Get Kobes nuts out of your mouth. It wasn't a jab, I'm just wondering. How do we know that they didn't get any offers? I'm pretty sure LeBron said he didn't even want to play overseas so why would he get any offers anyway? Either way this isn't a Kobe vs Howard/LeBron/Wade thread. I should have known that kids like you would come in here and act bitchmade from the start.

Ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi

C'mon.
    Iso's, and that's about it.

Maybe it's not clear to you guys, but this buffoon, Sabatini, wants to turn the Italian league into a set of Kobe's exhibition games, and share the revenues with other presidents.
    It's just depressing for a basketball fan.
    That's what I was hoping was NOT going to happen. I want to see Kobe play in real, structured offense. Iso ball and exhibition games are wack. Whatever...Kobe will get $3M and the team will make money off of him. Works out for both sides, right?

All Net...that's what I figured from the start but it does make you wonder about the of offers other, younger, "better" players would get. Then again, I guess it depends on whether you are trying to win and get better or just trying to make money off the player and his brand by playing exhibition style games.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa

Get Kobes nuts out of your mouth. It wasn't a jab, I'm just wondering. How do we know that they didn't get any offers? I'm pretty sure LeBron said he didn't even want to play overseas so why would he get any offers anyway? Either way this isn't a Kobe vs Howard/LeBron/Wade thread. I should have known that kids like you would come in here and act bitchmade from the start.

Ignored.
    I hope you're not implying Wade, Bron or Dwight can get more.