Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Swap Prime Rose and current Westbrook..Who's better?

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Westbrook even put up better numbers than Rose during 2011 when Rose won the MVP.

This one isn't close.
    Making shit up again? You do know that it takes people like a minute to look up their stats, right?

Westbrick - 22/5/8/2 on 54% TS
    Rose - 25/4/8/1/1 on 55% TS

Yeah, not even close.

mvp rose was no better than current westbrook

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Westbrook now is top 3 nba player IMO behind KD and Bron
    Dude does everything on the court. Only thing Rose had was a little better control but other then that WR does everything.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Making shit up again? You do know that it takes people like a minute to look up their stats, right?

Yeah, not even close.
    so a few more points and 1 higher TS% yet being worse at almost everything else means you are better and it's not even close?

damn, not only was KD the best player this season, he was also the best last season and it wasn't even close

so a few more points and 1 higher TS% yet being worse at almost everything else means you are better and it's not even close?

damn, not only was KD the best player this season, he was also the best last season and it wasn't even close
    God, you're retarded. Rose averaged 3 points more on a team which was the #1 seed in the NBA. Only averaged 1 rebound and 1 steal fewer than Westbrick. To say that Westbrick had the better stats "and it's not even close" is just asinine. You honestly can't believe that Westbrick would've lead that team to the #1 seed.

Last seasons KD and Bron's numbers:

Durant: 28/8/5/1/1 on 65% TS
    LeBron: 27/8/7/2/1 on 64% TS

The only think that Durant did better was score one point more on 1% better efficiency. LeBron was/is and will always be a better offensive player though.

This season, KD had significantly better numbers and that's pretty obvious. I've given him props for this season.

OKHicks are dumb as [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]uck.

I have watched both of them for years, they are my 2 favorite NBA players. I can list what each has over the other.

Rose had better body control and could get in the paint and make an acrobatic layup with 4 guys around him. He had one of the best floaters in the league, his signature "Push shot" he could get off over anyone. I remember a game at Washington when he came down the court and splashed those mid range floaters in John Wall's face over and over, their announcers were going nuts. Rose was just the better overall offensive player.

Now defensively people shit on Rose but he was a good man to man defender, you never heard of any PGs going off against him because he was strong enough to stop their drives and contest shots without fouling. All the advanced stats in 2011 showed that Rose was the best defender at the PG position, and the best shot blocking PG too. You may say "Oh but he is on the best defensive team in the league and his stats are skewed", but his stats sure as hell weren't skewed when you checked his defensive numbers on defending Isolations. And I never heard people saying "Oh Rondo was in 2008 Celtics with KG/Perkins his defense isn't good".

Now Westbrook is more of a relentless force and WILL attack the basket and try to dunk on your soul, so he draws more contact and gets bigs in foul trouble. He has a smooth mid range pullup when he takes it in rhythm instead of rushing. He can post up PGs and shoot over them, or get straight to the rim. He is more dynamic on the fastbreak as well.

Defensively Westbrook is just a hound, his pressure on the perimeter when he is engaged is second to none. His rebounding is also key to ending possessions, he can sky over bigs to grab important offensive boards or secure them on defense.

I think Rose was slightly better, but they are basically twins body/talent wise. Now mentally it's a whole different story.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri98
    Rose has much, much better control than Westbrook has. Rose would be more willing to give it to KD on the wing, I think Rose + Durant would've beat the Heat in 2012.
    doubt it. Rose was pretty much shut down by the Heat in 2011 ECF and by shut down i mean he was not playing to his "MVP" level, Westbrook had a few iffy moments in final but his game 4 Performance was a ALL TIME great

brew, rose averaged 28.5 points and 7 assists against the top 8 teams in the league that season. westbrook was below 20 points and 6 assist. huge difference, and their still is a huge difference, only low basketball iq people cant tell.

Westbrook is better in the playoffs.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Yeah, not even close.
    Lol @ calling him out for not looking up the stats when you literally just made yours up.

CURRENT Westbrook means PLAYOFF Westbrook.

The legitimate stats from NBA.com (anything under 0.5 is rounded down, anything over 0.5 is rounded up):

Westbrook: 26/8/9/2 on 53% TS
    Rose: 25/8/4/1 on 55% TS

Westbrook 1 more PPG, same RPG, 4 more APG, 1 more SPG, on 2% less TS.

Current Westbrook is undoubtedly better than prime Derrick Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit
    Lol @ calling him out for not looking up the stats when you literally just made yours up.

CURRENT Westbrook means PLAYOFF Westbrook.

The legitimate stats from NBA.com (anything under 0.5 is rounded down, anything over 0.5 is rounded up):

Westbrook: 26/8/9/2 on 53% TS
    Rose: 25/8/4/1 on 55% TS

Westbrook 1 more PPG, same RPG, 4 more APG, 1 more SPG, on 2% less TS.

Current Westbrook is undoubtedly better than prime Derrick Rose.
    1) You just jumped in the middle of the argument with no context. He was responding to the argument that 2011 Westbrook outplayed MVP, 2011, Rose. Hence, him using RW and Rose's 2011 stats.

2) If you're gonna use Russ's playoff stats, why not Rose's playoff stats? Why the inconsistency? Rose put up 27/4/8/1 on 50% TS. And this is when Rose is the singular focal point of the opposing defense every. single. night. While Westbrook is allowed to take 22+ shots with the comfort of having Durant there to make things substantially easier. This is including the Miami series, when Rose was literally the only competent scoring option against one of the most vicious perimeter trapping defenses we've ever seen. While Westbrook has one of the greatest scorers of all-time on his team to take the pressure off.

For even more consistency, why don't we compare Rose and Westbrook through the first 2 rounds? If current information is what you want, we have to keep it consistent, don't we? Rose through the first 2 rounds, which is where current Westbrook is at, averaged 29/5/8/2/1 on 53% TS.

I'd probably take current Westbrook, but people acting like it isn't even close are blatantly forgetting just how fu[COLOR="Black"]ck[/COLOR]ing good MVP Rose was. He wasn't quite a Durant-Lebron caliber player, but as a point guard, he was absurdly good.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 05-12-2014 at 08:36 PM.

NBA Superstar

God, you're retarded. Rose averaged 3 points more on a team which was the #1 seed in the NBA. Only averaged 1 rebound and 1 steal fewer than Westbrick. To say that Westbrick had the better stats "and it's not even close" is just asinine. You honestly can't believe that Westbrick would've lead that team to the #1 seed.

Last seasons KD and Bron's numbers:

Durant: 28/8/5/1/1 on 65% TS
    LeBron: 27/8/7/2/1 on 64% TS

The only think that Durant did better was score one point more on 1% better efficiency. LeBron was/is and will always be a better offensive player though.

This season, KD had significantly better numbers and that's pretty obvious. I've given him props for this season.

OKHicks are dumb as [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]uck.
    Where did I say Westbrook had better numbers and it wasn't even close? You are the only who said "it isn't even close" and that was in regards to your opinion that Rose had better numbers.

I said Westbrook had better numbers but it's about as close as you can get and the stats you posted show that. I think their PER's were almost identical that year.

And if you want to bring up intangibles like playing for the #1 seed (in the East and for a coach that runs his rotation like it's game 7 of the finals all the time) then you might as well bring up Westbrook being a noticeably better defender, rebounder, and leader as well.
    Last edited by russwest0; 05-12-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Easily Rose.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

People forgetting how good Rose was.

NBA rookie of the year

Derrick Rose was shutdown by Miami Heat defense.

Westbrook has not. The Durant excuse does not count since that didn't help James Harden.
    Last edited by JohnMax; 05-12-2014 at 09:30 PM.