Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome: A Defense of the NBA's Best New Team Name

OKC Bulls
    Chicago Lawyers

@ these team name reassignments

Default Re: F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome: A Defense of the NBA's Best New Team Name

Jeez people 76'ers = 1776.....you know.....declaration of independence, Independence Hall is in Philadelphia ......American Revolution..... Did most of the people on here fail history miserably?????

Magic is a great name inspired by Disney World in Orlando aka, "The Magic Kingdom"

Trail Blazers....yes, Oregon Trail.....again U.S History. Great name.

The Suns......if you ever went to Phoenix during the summer the only thing you would think of is the Sun because its always 110-119 degrees.

Cavalier is a mounted Knight, it is regal and majestic...and yes, Knights were tough.

Spurs....great name considering the area......spurs can really hurt you and they are a tough piece of gear. You couldn't name them the Alamos or the Boones....or the smelly Riverwalk.

I really WISH Utah would give the Jazz name back to N.O, it fits there and has never fit in Utah.....never will fit there.....they need something cold, mountainous or mormon

Pelicans is just idiotic, I have spent a great amount of time in New Orleans and have never spent a second thinking about Pelicans nor does anyone give a crap. Cajuns is great, Gators....tasty, yes I ate some. Crayfish, Oysters, Po-Boys Bourbons.....Hurricanes are delicious drinks. Sinners...hey, now there is a name for you....if you have been to Bourbon Street then you get the sinners reference.....not to mention it counters the Saints Football team.....lol (just kidding with this )

Maybe they will just reconsider the whole thing and name them "Sterns"

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Jeez people 76'ers = 1776.....you know.....declaration of independence, Independence Hall is in Philadelphia ......American Revolution..... Did most of the people on here fail history miserably?????
    They should really play Assassins Creed III, I fear it's the only way kids will learn some (distorted) history

High School Varsity 6th Man WolfGang's Avatar

Only tourist use the word "Crayfish." Down here we call them shits crawfish.

Learning to shoot layups jl1718's Avatar

Never understood why Memphis kept the Grizzlies name. Perfect name for them is the Blues. Phoenix is AKA valley of the sun. Cavaliers I assume is based on Ohio's french roots.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WolfGang
    Only tourist use the word "Crayfish." Down here we call them shits crawfish.
    Growing up in Oregon, we called them crawdads.

Does anybody else feel like the name "Nets" is by far the worst in the NBA? I'm thinking the only reason they didn't change it when moving to Brooklyn is to maintain some of the already present Nets fan base, but hopefully in 3-5 years or so, they change it to something else.

Learning to shoot layups widowmaker's Avatar

It's comical to see all these people sugest "Cajuns" like it's supeior to Pelicans. Cajuns are the rural people outside of New Orleans. There are as many Pelicans in New Orleans as there are Cajuns.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker
    It's comical to see all these people sugest "Cajuns" like it's supeior to Pelicans. Cajuns are the rural people outside of New Orleans. There are as many Pelicans in New Orleans as there are Cajuns.
    Why not both?

Go Cajun Pelicans!!!

Is New Orleans Looters not an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Does anybody else feel like the name "Nets" is by far the worst in the NBA? I'm thinking the only reason they didn't change it when moving to Brooklyn is to maintain some of the already present Nets fan base, but hopefully in 3-5 years or so, they change it to something else.
    I think it's one of the best. Easy to remember and say..also basketball related.

The New Orleans Tsunami.........

Serious playground baller RobertdeMeijer's Avatar

A friend of mine suggested:
    New Orleans Voodoo

I like it, but I wonder if voodoo is too evil/politically incorrect for some people.

"F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome.".....No, fukk you....only donuts are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
    A friend of mine suggested:
    New Orleans Voodoo

I like it, but I wonder if voodoo is too evil/politically incorrect for some people.
    Epiphany Proudfoot approves that idea........