Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    If Clippers for example let CP3+Odom plus pieces like Hollins walk... and let's say Grant Hill retires? They can afford two borderline all star types. Monta Ellis+Paul Pierce for example would both be available and affordable for the Clippers.

Bledsoe
    Ellis
    Pierce
    Griffin
    Jordan

Is this not a very capable team still? Ellis+Griffin would be a very sick duo IMO and Bledsoe+Griffin mesh better than CP3+Griffin due to Bledsoe's ability to generate fastbreaks with steals and defense.. and Bledsoe also is way more willing to throw Blake lobs.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that Griffin is doing so much scoring first half... then team literally stops going to him in the 2nd half (especially the 4th). CP3 did it last year too and it drove me nuts.

[QUOTE=millwad]

LMFAO @ wanting to get rid of Chris "Top 4 player in the NBA at worst" Paul

And Fez, Monta needs to be paired with a big guard in the backcourt who can play d, Bledsoe meets the d requirement but is way too small. That's an insanely undersized backcourt. Monta should be a SG in a PG's body or a 6th man.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LMFAO @ wanting to get rid of Chris "Top 4 player in the NBA at worst" Paul

And Fez, Monta needs to be paired with a big guard in the backcourt who can play d, Bledsoe meets the d requirement but is way too small. That's an insanely undersized backcourt. Monta should be a SG in a PG's body or a 6th man.
    Bledsoe has no trouble guarding Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker and D Rose... who are some of the biggest PG's in the NBA so size isn't an issue. He will carry the perimeter defense for Ellis. Ironically you say it's undersized but it's bigger than what the Clippers have had the last 3 years in the backcourt.

I don't want to get rid of Paul.. I just think it's a stupid opinion people have that if CP3 walks the team has nothing left. Clippers have set themselves up very nicely to where if CP3 walks they have a ton of flexibility and options. It's not going to destroy the franchise by any means.

Bledsoe has no trouble guarding Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker and D Rose... who are some of the biggest PG's in the NBA so size isn't an issue. He will carry the perimeter defense for Ellis. Ironically you say it's undersized but it's bigger than what the Clippers have had the last 3 years in the backcourt.

I don't want to get rid of Paul.. I just think it's a stupid opinion people have that if CP3 walks the team has nothing left. Clippers have set themselves up very nicely to where if CP3 walks they have a ton of flexibility and options. It's not going to destroy the franchise by any means.
    Yeah, and then Monta will get torched by Wade, Kobe, Joe Johnson, etc., etc.

Yeah, and then Monta will get torched by Wade, Kobe, Joe Johnson, etc., etc.
    Which happens to CP3, Billups, Green and Crawford now anyways. CP3 when focused and Bledsoe are the only "good" defensive guards we have. Those types of big SG's have been torching us for years . Ellis at least is a more dependable scoring option than our guys and loves to run the break which will benefit our bigs. Plus we would still have Crawford and him plus Ellis although a bit repetitive would be a deadly ass SG rotation.

Also Ellis isn't the only option I was just giving an example of the types of players the Clippers can afford and plug in that will be free agents.

Bledsoe is unproven but will prove himself.

Ellis>>Billups, Willie Green.

Pierce is old but still a huge upgrade to Butler and has a skill based game.

Griffin is a franchise player, he just hasn't had a chance to prove it.

Jordan has improved a bunch, not his fault Vinny doesn't know how to use him.
    Bledsoe used to be more of an only defense kinda guy but this season he has picked up his scoring and has been efficient at it averaging 10.5ppg on 50.5 FG% 35.7pt% 85.7FT% all huge upgrades while only averaging 7+ minutes. He has improved on all other parts of his game too. He is among the very few that have delivered on their promise of breaking out.

Fez, I thought you said Chauncey was a "beast" on defense?

Fez, I thought you said Chauncey was a "beast" on defense?
    Wth? I've never called him a "beast" on D, must have been somebody else . Upgrade defensively to Crawford and Green of course but never a "beast" defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Bledsoe used to be more of an only defense kinda guy but this season he has picked up his scoring and has been efficient at it averaging 10.5ppg on 50.5 FG% 35.7pt% 85.7FT% all huge upgrades while only averaging 7+ minutes. He has improved on all other parts of his game too. He is among the very few that have delivered on their promise of breaking out.
    I agree his offense has improved more than people credit him for. His PER 36 is 20 ppg so obviously he's scoring more (it was PER 36 of 10.2 ppg last year!). Sure he still has his turnover issues like most athletic guards who get out of control but his passing, scoring, rebounding, efficiency, steals and blocks are all up.

I agree his offense has improved more than people credit him for. His PER 36 is 20 ppg so obviously he's scoring more (it was PER 36 of 10.2 ppg last year!). Sure he still has his turnover issues like most athletic guards who get out of control but his passing, scoring, rebounding, efficiency, steals and blocks are all up.
    I'd suggest he should average like 4apg but I guess that would mean less scoring for him which I think is more important since CP3 gives you all you'd need in that department.

Banned

I don't see them winning now, but you don't trade blake while he's still developing. If by the end of his deal he's still not winning you anything then you look to move him. But choosing Blake over CP3 is retarded. Did you see the hornets lakers series where CP3 had noone else on the team and still managed to make it competetive? He's a guy you can build around for a championship if done right, to be honest at the moment Blake isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    I'd suggest he should average like 4apg but I guess that would mean less scoring for him which I think is more important since CP3 gives you all you'd need in that department.
    He's had a few games with 5+ assists if I recall this year but lately somehow he ended up in the doghouse despite playing well. Similar to how Karl inexcusably benches McGee according to Nuggets fans. Vinny has improved some but he just doesn't have the pedigree to work with this much talent and this many egos. Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan, Stan Van Gundy need to be called in.

I almost hope we lose 10 in a row so Vinny gets canned for a more hardass coach.

Karl limits McGee's minutes due to ashtma IIRC