Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Ahh ok. Still then, I don't blame George for looking out for his own interests. I would be doing the same thing. Like he said in that interview, there is still time before the trade deadline for the Mavs and Nets to work something else out.

When you're a scrubby player, money should be your #1 priority.
    yep i don't blame george either, he's exercising the very rule that was created to protect him in moments just like this, and save him from having to take a paycut just because a team wants to trade him...

in retrospect it was kinda dumb for the mavs to assume he'd blindly go along with it

he can still be moved but it will probably take a sign and trade to get it done..at which point he loses any attraction to new jersey

Mavs should just tell gump they'll bench his non-cooperating rear end if he doesn't let up. While the Nets should guarantee him PT.

He's doing the Mavs a favor.

Banned

Default Re: Devean George: "I'll be the bad guy"

You have to admire how DatzNasty respects guys who suck and go 0-11 yet he uses every opportunity possible to insult Dirk.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

theres no way the mavs will sign him for 5mil now lol

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jasonterry
    You have to admire how DatzNasty respects guys who suck and go 0-11 yet he uses every opportunity possible to insult Dirk.
    You gotta admire how you admire MVPs who shoot 2-14 in elimination games against 8th seeds

I love LAaaaaaaaaaaa! Lakers Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    as DatZ and others have pointed out, its mostly about his ability to get a bigger contract next year by not losing his bird rights.
    But Dallas isn't going to give him a great contract if he burns them on this deal anyway. Plus he is going to be getting paid on two different contracts this season if the Nets buy him out.

I dont blame D George he has the right to say where he can play, and I wouldnt want to play in the scrub ass East either.

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    You gotta admire how you admire MVPs who shoot 2-14 in elimination games against 8th seeds

Ouch

Banned

theres a sizable difference when you shoot poorly when being tripled teamed and when you miss wide open shots (which Is george). but you're delusional and think everyone on the mavs is good and it is all Dirk's fault.

Nice info Datz.

I think this trade will still go through. DG really wasn't even a legit piece beyond being a 2.3 million expirer.

If it doesn't go through now you have a pissed off young point guard and an angry bench. Although I'm sure Devin understands, that still has to hurt.

College superstar

Nobody triple teamed Dirk. He got regular defensive attention anybody gets. You can't expect to spin through a crowd or try to back down dribble more than 3 times or drive within an arm's reach of another defender and not expect them to just stick their hand in. Dirk is just a softy who can't manage to shoot upwards of 40% against guys as much as 10 inches shorter than him and can't even move Daniel Gibson, Monta Ellis, or Tony Parker in the post. He got owned by Stephen Jackson that series, just the same as Posey did in the previous series. Maybe when he grows a set and starts to play in the paint, Dallas will win a title.

Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

After hearing why Devean George did it I don't blame him, it was the right/smart thing to do.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Fan
    But Dallas isn't going to give him a great contract if he burns them on this deal anyway. Plus he is going to be getting paid on two different contracts this season if the Nets buy him out.
    What's the most he can sign for though? The minimum, pro-rated for 1/3 of the season, is not that much even if it is on top of his old contract.

The fact that Dallas "won't give him a great contract" has no bearing on his decision. His choices are

1. Go along with the trade. Make mediocre(for an NBA player) money next year and have to move to a different city for the next few months.

2. Refuse the trade. Make mediocre(for an NBA player) money next year... but with the potential, however slight, of earning more. And also doesn't have to leave his home.

Why would he NOT pick option #2?

^ no badabing you got it wrong. If this trade goes through he waives his Larry Bird rights, those rights which allow his team to go over the cap to resign him at the end of the year without having to cut into their MLE. With teams being more and more reluctant to go into their MLE, and very few teams having cap room, this is basically his last chance at a big contract after this season. His current team will be able to give him up to a 20% raise (because he's on a 1yr contract, as opposed to 10% raises on multiyear deals)

Basically, he's making 2.3 mil this yr. If he goes to NJ, they'd only be able to resign him for up 2.76 mil (2.3+ up to 20% raise) without dipping into their MLE. If he stays with Dallas, they can resign him at the end of the year for up to 5.3 mil without getting into their MLE. It's basically twice the money.
    what i don't get is, 1st how could he still expects the Mavs to re-sign him after this stunt (S&T or not), 2nd how could he think he's gonna get a pay raise after this season when he barely played.