Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
    .Devean George has this. We have just witnessed the peak of his career.
    something tells me he considers those clutch shots to win some championships the peak

LOL!

Devean George was crying a month ago demanding he be traded because he was not happy with his role in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
    general question. that trade and the original deal will leave Dallas with 4 open spots. how will they take care of that? D-League?
    you can carry a roster of 11 I think. plus the side trade of wright for a 2nd rounder. plus they gotta keep two spots open for when stackhouse and diop get colluded back to them

Banned

Banned

"'atta Boy, Devean!"

NBA lottery pick

I wonder if Devean George learned some tricks from Kobe Bryant(getting a no trade clause, whining about a trade...rejecting a trade to New Jersey)

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    something tells me he considers those clutch shots to win some championships the peak
    he wont be remembered for that like he wil be for this tho if this truly blocks Kidd from being a Mav.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    I wonder if Devean George learned some tricks from Kobe Bryant(getting a no trade clause, whining about a trade...rejecting a trade to New Jersey)
    Or if some other Western team payed Devean to exercise the right.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    What clutch shots? I remember him coming in and playing some decent defense, but no memorable "clutch" shots.

For people wondering why Cuban would give Devean George a no trade clause, he didn't. This will explain:

85. When can't a player be traded? Can players be given "no-trade" clauses in their contracts?

Without the player's consent when the player is playing under a one-year contract (excluding any option year) and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the season. This includes first round draft picks following their fourth (option) season, who accept their team's qualifying offer for their fifth season. When the player consents to such a trade, the team loses its Larry Bird/Early Bird rights, and the player is considered a Non-Bird free agent. Note: when there is an option year involved, they can get around this regulation by invoking the option prior to the trade.
    LINK

It's a little complicated because George did have an option this past summer, but he opted out and then signed a 1 year deal, giving him the right to not consent to any trade.

apparently b/c its his second yea on the same team with a one year deal for the second time he automatically gets a no trade clause from what I am getting on another board
    Second year on the team, with a one year deal.

The Mavs could use the Early Bird exception to sign him at 175% of his current money, or the NBA average player salary.

If they trade him, he loses that right, and has to compete with other free agents for MLE/LLE money. Even the Nets would have to dip into their MLE if they wanted to resign him.
    like this idiot is going to get more than he makes now or even equal! The Mavs already overpaid for him in the first place! To top it off the punk demanded PT or a trade just a couple weeks ago.

George is nothing but a selfish, greedy bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    What clutch shots? I remember him coming in and playing some decent defense, but no memorable "clutch" shots.
    well, perhaps nothing that could be called clutch, but timely shooting. nothing like a game winner or anything, but quality roleplaying for sure

Local High School Star

at least he's finally infamous for something. he was going the way of Samaki Walker before this afternoon

He's also 0/10 tonight...

Local High School Star alexthegod's Avatar

when is the last time a filler killed a deal? Wow This will be amazing if it kills the deal. I can't imagine it would, but I'm its going to force dallas to do something it doesnt want to do.