Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Rep Duncan Hunter (R-CA) Used Campaign Cash in Affairs with Five Women

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    You must have missed my post on page 1

I asked if anyone is surprised.

I also mentioned that Duncan Hunter's been doing this stuff for over a decade and just now it's being reported???

I believe that if we dig deep enough we'll find tons of other politicians abusing their power for themselves and friends/family members.
    There's not much to glean from the generality that politicians are liars and crooks, that it's been going on for awhile and that we shouldn't be surprised. We can post that about almost any political scandal. This one is unique in that he threw his wife under the bus after apparently cheating on her for years. And then, in spite of the added scrutiny, openly talking about his military unit likely killing lots of civilians.

Default Re: Rep Duncan Hunter (R-CA) Used Campaign Cash in Affairs with Five Women

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Let's not pretend what is your angle on this one though. Duncan actually looks ok on this one then since he's found not guilty.
    Duncan Hunter "actually looks ok" defending soldiers who needlessly stab prisoners? Soldiers who take photos with the bodies of head combatants as trophies?

Just to reiterate...

Eddie Gallagher stabbed a prisoner in the neck with his hunting knife and sent a trophy picture to people of him posing with the body of the dead prisoner with the text:
    "Good story behind this. Got him with my hunting knife."
    Gallagher said that he did not stab the prisoner and that it was a complete lie, but seven others testified that he did indeed stab the prisoner, and the individual, Special Operator Cory Scott, who copped to ultimately killing the prisoner, also admitted that Gallagher stabbed the prisoner.

During Scott’s testimony, prosecutor Lt. Brian John told the courtroom that Scott had immunity, and suggested he was claiming to have killed the ISIS prisoner to prevent Gallagher from going to prison. Scott responded, “Yes.”

“He’s got a wife and family,” Scott said. “I don’t think he should be spending his life in prison.”
    You're with Duncan Hunter on this, Hawker?

NBA All-star

the feminist says, give blow jobs instead of selling them

GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter is set to plead guilty in federal court on Tuesday after denying for more than a year that he had illegally misused campaign funds.

Margaret Hunter, the congressman's wife, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to misuse campaign funds in June, a move that put enormous pressure on him to find a deal with federal prosecutors.

Federal prosecutors described the Hunters as so mired in debt that they had less than $1,000 in their bank account from 2009 to 2017 and owed money to stores such as Macy's and Home Depot. The Hunters had begun falling behind on their children's school tuition and missed numerous mortgage payments.

"It explains why he himself used campaign funds to buy everything from cigarettes to gadgets to groceries to getaways — things he wanted but could not afford to buy with his own money,” prosecutors alleged in one filing.

Hunter — who has developed a reputation on Capitol Hill for drinking heavily and carousing — was also accused of routinely using campaign cash to finance numerous affairs.

In one episode in 2010, Hunter allegedly took a lobbyist on a double date road trip to Virginia Beach, Va., with a fellow congressman and then charged his campaign for the hotel room and bar tab.

In another 2015 incident, Hunter allegedly took a House leadership aide out for cocktails and then took an Uber back to his office after they spent the night together. Both expenses were charged to his campaign account, prosecutors say.
    I wonder if he will be forced to provide restitution to donors. Anyone still riding with Duncan Hunter?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    I wonder if he will be forced to provide restitution to donors. Anyone still riding with Duncan Hunter?
    Me. This guy is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly

His donors were prob trying to buy political favors in the first place, so on practical grounds I couldnt care less.

Obviously if he broke the law then sure, prosecute and sentence him. But Im hardly sympathetic to his financial backers.

The better question/concern than this one guy would be... how many of our elected officials AREN'T doing some shady shit and giving people favors and misappropriating funds in a more careful manner, etc...

I mean I would be absolutely floored if even half of our elected officials were good people trying to do genuinely good things with their position and not just better their own personal lives.

Psychopaths are in every form of government and as such all government is... less than optimal.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    The better question/concern than this one guy would be... how many of our elected officials AREN'T doing some shady shit and giving people favors and misappropriating funds in a more careful manner, etc...

I mean I would be absolutely floored if even half of our elected officials were good people trying to do genuinely good things with their position and not just better their own personal lives.

Psychopaths are in every form of government and as such all government is... less than optimal.
    Tbh it would be way more cost effective to cut these guys a women and drugs budget than the time and resources spent investigating all this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Tbh it would be way more cost effective to cut these guys a women and drugs budget than the time and resources spent investigating all this shit.

That might be my favorite post of 2019.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

learned from the boss TRUMP

[QUOTE]Following guilty plea, Duncan Hunter barred from voting in the House

The Thursday letter from House Ethics specifies that Hunter

Objective Lakers fan Gil Renard's Avatar

Alpha af

Duncan Hunter sentenced to 11 months in prison

Former Rep. Duncan Hunter was sentenced on Tuesday morning to 11 months in prison for violating campaign finance law.

Judge Thomas Whelan handed down the sentence in San Diego, capping a court case that saw prosecutors accuse Hunter of spending campaign funds on a wide array of personal matters. Hunter, a Republican, pleaded guilty in December and resigned his seat shortly after.
    Pretty fair sentence.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Trump's biggest azz kisser.