Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Roberson is the best young wing defender in the league.... by far.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Westbrook and Durant are on the team....
    It's not that effective tbh, back then when Perkins was starting the Thunder was basically playing 3v5 offense....

I guess Adams is a little better, but he's still extremely raw for him to be an offensive option. Wouldn't someone like Lamb fit the starting lineup a little better?

I haven't watched OKC other than a handful of games this season so I could be wrong though lol

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Andre Roberson is the best young wing defender in the league.... by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ice
    Pretty sure kj mcdaniels is probably laughing at this statement
    Andre Roberson through 20+ games this year has a strong case as being the best defender in the league, using all available metrics. And as a rookie he was borderline elite on defense in limited action.

KJ McDaniels ain't laughing at shit.

Team is starting to click.... tell them don't get scared.

90 points with 3 minutes to go in the third.

lelz

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Andre Roberson through 20+ games this year has a strong case as being the best defender in the league, using all available metrics. And as a rookie he was borderline elite on defense in limited action.

KJ McDaniels ain't laughing at shit.
    You guys should have used #29 on KJ instead of Huestis though. On perimeter, KJ's opponents' percentages drop 5% and in restricted area, the guy he defends has their shooting % drop by ~10%. Dude is a beast. KJ is the best wing defender of his draft class thus far. Don't slight KJ yet cuz he's having a really good rookie season.

OKC has some really strong defenders and Roberson is no exception. Nice pick-up at end of 1st round and he should be a disruptive option for them as he progresses. Pretty smart cutter. If he ever learns to shoot a corner 3, he'll max out his abilities.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    You guys should have used #29 on KJ instead of Huestis though. On perimeter, KJ's opponents' percentages drop 5% and in restricted area, the guy he defends has their shooting % drop by ~10%. Dude is a beast. KJ is the best wing defender of his draft class thus far. Don't slight KJ yet cuz he's having a really good rookie season.

OKC has some really strong defenders and Roberson is no exception. Nice pick-up at end of 1st round and he should be a disruptive option for them as he progresses. Pretty smart cutter. If he ever learns to shoot a corner 3, he'll max out his abilities.
    Believe me I know how good KJ is. I made a thread about him being my sleeper pick early in the draft process.

Roberson though is insane to watch right now. The guy is like a 6'7 glove on offensive players and all of the stats so far point to him being an elite defender.

Crazy to think Roberson went so low in the draft leading his college team in steals, blocks, and rebounds for 3 years while also appearing to be a super low ego player. I guess the Thunder were the only team projecting him as a SG.

Very good NBA starter

He has no 3 pt shot. If he did Okc would be unstoppable. He has been Tony Allen level over the first 20 games.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    He has no 3 pt shot. If he did Okc would be unstoppable. He has been Tony Allen level over the first 20 games.
    Nights like tonight show you what type of player he is.

Epic defense, 2nd team leader in rebounds, 3rd in assists, 1st in steals with 3, 3rd in blocks. All in 25 minutes.

http://youtu.be/DMg_xbycKNw

Picked Jrue in the open court
    Picked CP3 in the open court
    Picked Westbrook 1 on 1
    Picked Dragic in the open court

Beverley is the best perimeter defender in the NBA. If, by wing, you mean SG or SF only, then disregard my post.
    Last edited by UK2K; 12-13-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Beverley is the best perimeter defender in the NBA. If, by wing, you mean SG or SF only, then disregard my post.
    lol no. He's great at defending other PG's, but that's it. Size matters, and he's just not big enough to be the best perimeter defender in the league. Guys like Butler, Iggy, Thompson, Leonard, and Roberson can guard 1-3.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Is there a young player on the OKC squad that OKC fans don't think is elite?

First it was Steve Adam's as a top 5 C, Lamb was the next Klay Thompson and now Roberson is the DPOY. Even before that Reggie Jackson was better than almost anyone.

I can understand the hype WB gets (well deserved) but these other guys seriously......

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Is there a young player on the OKC squad that OKC fans don't think is elite?

First it was Steve Adam's as a top 5 C, Lamb was the next Klay Thompson and now Roberson is the DPOY. Even before that Reggie Jackson was better than almost anyone.

I can understand the hype WB gets (well deserved) but these other guys seriously......
    To be fair they are great at drafting, but you can have no doubt come playoff time we'll here all about how garbage they and Brooks are.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared

It's been about six months since the draft and I still haven't figured out why OKC drafted Josh Huestis when they had just drafted Andre Roberson the year before; and lets be honest, they are essentially the same type of a player. Huestis is far too similar to Roberson because they roughly the same height, maybe Huestis is an inch taller, with a defensive mindset and no offensive game. Josh is just about 15-20 pounds heavier.

But Sam Presti loves these type of players. Why draft both players in consecutive drafts? At the time it seemed like Presti was hedging his bets in case Roberson didn't work out because his outside shot is probably the worst in the league for a perimeter player.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 12-13-2014 at 11:32 AM.

so,

2nd best player in the world
    best pg
    best shot blocker
    best 6th man
    best young defender

poor #1 seed in West if OKC finish 8th

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    so,

2nd best player in the world
    best pg
    best shot blocker/ top 3 pf
    best 6th man
    best young defender
    Best shooter
    6'10 sf off the bench capable of dropping 30
    best post defender
    top 5 potential Center
    Best rebounding sg and potential top 10 sg