Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010) Is The Best Album Of The Decade

An album I can listen to, over and over.

So many great tracks.

This is Kanye's magnum opus.

Default Re: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010) Is The Best Album Of The Decade

Good album, Runaway + Devil in a New Dress

imo College Dropout still reigns supreme based off pure nostalgia factor

Default Re: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010) Is The Best Album Of The Decade

I feel as though OP made this thread just to pretend he's an Indonesian manlet

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Kanye isn

Def Kanye’s best.

Seems like every track is straight flames

Good. Fvcking deserved it. What a goddamn masterpiece, I honestly didn't really love it THAT much when it first dropped but it's grown on me more and more every year

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

Get outta here. You haven't even heard of the best album of the decade, let alone heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    Good. Fvcking deserved it.
    Deserved what?

It's just OP's opinion

Anyway, no for me.

It bangs and I like it, but the sound becomes a bit shallow, pointless. Depth to it feels artificial.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Deserved what?

It's just OP's opinion

Anyway, no for me.

It bangs and I like it, but the sound becomes a bit shallow, pointless. Depth to it feels artificial.
    Billboard listed it as the album of the decade. (source)

[QUOTE]1. Kanye West, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010)

After three albums of radio-embraced, critically acclaimed rap, one deeply introspective detour and a VMAs mic grab seen 'round the Internet, no one knew what to expect when Kanye West dropped his fifth album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, in late 2010. As it turns out, the mercurial West had matured (in sound, at least) from innovative hitmaker to expansive, Kubrickian sonic auteur. From the self-loathing minimalist odyssey of "Runaway" to the martial call-to-arms of "All of the Lights" (stuffed with guest stars ranging from Rihanna to Elton John) to the intoxicating, stomping menace of "Monster" (complete with a ferocious star-making verse from Nicki Minaj) to the breath-stopping bleakness of "Lost In the World," MBDTF is the sound of an artist -- using the studio as a palette -- grappling with his contradictions, unhappiness and the carnal diversions he turns to as an all-too-brief balm for the uncertain soul.

And while 'Ye's MAGA love might make some erstwhile Yeezus freaks loath to preach its dark gospel moving forward, the truth is, MBDTF's spiraling hopelessness feels more relatable now than when it dropped in the bright-eyed Obama era. These days, Kanye is both the prophet and the victim of that oppressive worldview, with this album serving as his Book of Revelation. As we enter the 2020s, it's hard to say where Kanye is headed, but one thing is for sure: At the outset of this decade, he set the bar by which all 2010s albums

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

I like how you defend/support your shit opinion with the shit opinions of others.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease vetlantram's Avatar

The College Dropout > Graduation > Late Registration >> 808s & Heartbreak >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Twisted Fantasy

I have Life Of Pablo, 808 and Heartbreaks and then MBDTF

Oh he actually won album of the decade?

IMO that one goes to To Pimp a Butterfly

Kendrick getting shafted

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Oh he actually won album of the decade?

IMO that one goes to To Pimp a Butterfly

Kendrick getting shafted
    I saw TPAB at #1 somewhere, but I don't remember whose list it was

Holy shit OP you trippin.

is not part of the current decade!!!!!!

There is no year zero in the anno domini system of the Gregorian calendar, hence the first decade (deca = 10) is year 1-10. The second decade was 11-20.

Thus the 200th decade began on Jan 1 2001, and ended Dec 31, 2010!!!

Thus Kanyes album DOES NOT QUALIFY for album of this decade!!!!!!!

Holy shit. This is a BOMBSHELL. You totally ****ed that up OP. You got careless and completely overlooked a crucial detail. And now the whole thread is rendered completely meaningless!!!!

Honestly, this is one of those crazy days on ISH where everyone will remember where they were. ISB releases a major, big time thread that might have gone the distance as one of the all time greats in msg board history, only to realize he ****ed up the dates and totally wasted a masterpiece.

Damn.