Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: KG Considering Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Terahite
    Big 3 retirement party

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He's already been effectively retired as far as impact for the last couple of years...so it's not really that big of deal...it is nice to see a player actually accept father time and not embarrass himself by shooting himself out of the league like some other legend did...

He should. If he wants to be a veteran presence for the wolves he should just be part of the coaching staff or something.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    He's already been effectively retired as far as impact for the last couple of years...so it's not really that big of deal...it is nice to see a player actually accept father time and not embarrass himself by shooting himself out of the league like some other legend did...

What an insecure b*tch you are.

But I laughed at your comment because it's obvious you are seething over losing your greatest franchise player and getting to see him retire in another jersey.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    What an insecure b*tch you are.

But I laughed at your comment because it's obvious you are seething over losing your greatest franchise player and getting to see him retire in another jersey.

I don't recall Kevin Garnett ever being Heat or Sonics player, but okay...Or are you talking about Wade? Because if you are...I have no hard feelings about him leaving...he had to do what he had to do.

I usually hit open layups

Well, he is no longer in 2004 form.

Decent playground baller

He needs to, he was garbage last season.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

I thought this was going to be one of those posts replied to from 3 years ago.

5-time NBA All-Star

Garnett was mentoring last year taking KAT under his wings. He was thinking of doing the same with Thibes. Which is still good for the team because they have great defensive pieces.

Dunking on everybody in the park

It's weird to see some questioning Kg's longevity of all things in this thread. I see no reason why Kobe supposedly has better longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by greatest-ever
    It's weird to see some questioning Kg's longevity of all things in this thread. I see no reason why Kobe supposedly has better longevity.
    KG had very good longevity no doubt. His longevity wasn't being questioned. BUT at the same time, KG was done being a great player in his early 30's. KG hasn't averaged double figures since 2013. Since his serious knee injury at 32 years of age in 2009, he only played in at least 70 games ONLY ONCE!! I was just wondering if KG's versatility may have played a role in his decline at 32 years of age.

After that injury, he was no longer superstar caliber and one of the top two PF's in the world. Duncan and Dirk were still All Star caliber players through their mid 30's and into their late 30's. And even in the case of Kobe, he didn't fall AS BAD as KG did. Kobe put up 27 points a night at 34 years of age.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    KG had very good longevity no doubt. His longevity wasn't being questioned. BUT at the same time, KG was done being a great player in his early 30's. KG hasn't averaged double figures since 2013. Since his serious knee injury at 32 years of age in 2009, he only played in at least 70 games ONLY ONCE!! I was just wondering if KG's versatility may have played a role in his decline at 32 years of age.

After that injury, he was no longer superstar caliber and one of the top two PF's in the world. Duncan and Dirk were still All Star caliber players through their mid 30's and into their late 30's. And even in the case of Kobe, he didn't fall AS BAD as KG did. Kobe put up 27 points a night at 34 years of age.
    It was his intensity Bizil. No modern day big man played both sides of the ball like that. YouTube KG and there are about 7 or 8 videos about his intensity. If you saw him live it was like seeing his passion come out in his sweat. He was blood, sweat and tears. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-506_9d14E I think people forgot about it because he played his last 5 years like a regular player. The only superstar that was also the enforcer on his team as well. Ironically, he also won best interview award a couple of times as well.

As a KG fan, I am cool with KG hanging up the sneakers now. He helped to put Minnesota Timberwolves basketball on the map from 1995-2006. He has had a great career and nothing wrong with walking away now. KG

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    It was his intensity Bizil. No modern day big man played both sides of the ball like that. YouTube KG and there are about 7 or 8 videos about his intensity. If you saw him live it was like seeing his passion come out in his sweat. He was blood, sweat and tears. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-506_9d14E I think people forgot about it because he played his last 5 years like a regular player. The only superstar that was also the enforcer on his team as well. Ironically, he also won best interview award a couple of times as well.
    I agree! KG's intensity was EPIC!! His motor among 7 footers is unmatched in my opinion. Due to his motor and intensity, it makes total sense why he suffered that serious injury at 32. Even when he came back, it wasn't the same KG. He was still intense mentally BUT didn't have the world class motor he used to have to back it up.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I agree! KG's intensity was EPIC!! His motor among 7 footers is unmatched in my opinion. Due to his motor and intensity, it makes total sense why he suffered that serious injury at 32. Even when he came back, it wasn't the same KG. He was still intense mentally BUT didn't have the world class motor he used to have to back it up.
    true!!!'