Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Australia has the highest amount of subscribers to NBA league pass outside of the USA

Blame Murdoch for OneHD getting rid of the NBA. As for league pass prices I just paid $115 using an India proxy which is a massive saving compared to the $300+ dollars they want from us Aussie fans.
    Last edited by webberz0044; 10-08-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Default Re: Australia has the highest amount of subscribers to NBA league pass outside of the USA

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    I think it all comes down to licencing between the networks. Foxtel (the pay tv channel) have been lapping up a lot of the sporting contracts, so that the free to air channels can only afford to pay for the sport they know will draw in top dollar. Down here that's Australian Rules Football, Rugby, cricket and a couple of others.

What doesn't make sense is that Foxtel only show maybe two games a week, yet Baseball and NFL get more games even though I think it's a safe bet there is less interest in those sports than in basketball down here. We get more college basketball than NBA, so it has to have something to do with the licencing.
    I had heard that ONE dumping sports occurred when Murdoch bought a ton of shares in Channel 10. That was around the time ONE decided to stop being a 24x7 sports channel and instead shows endless re-runs of crap like COPS. So all the sports that were dumped by ONE moved over to Foxtel, and guess who owns 50% of that?

Entire thing was to get people to subscribe to Foxtel for sports (I know plenty of people who do this)

Congratz you are Stern's favorite customers, see where that got you.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

I see any Grizzlies game I want to see, and I don't pay a cent (unless you include pay TV), I'm not complaining.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Not all the teams are bad.

Watch Perth vs NZ and I guarantee you will enjoy it. Both teams draw 10 000+ to there games and when they play eachother the atmosphere is crazy.

They are also the top 2 teams pretty much every year.
    can only find the 2012 stats but they are both only averaging the low 4000s in attendence so they don't draw anywhere near 10000 people as you claim. Also that year perths highest attendence was 4400 and NZ was 7979 (says they had 2 arenas, one average 6k the other 3k)
    Last edited by outbreak; 10-08-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    can only find the 2012 stats but they are both only averaging the low 4000s in attendence so they don't draw anywhere near 10000 people as you claim. Also that year perths highest attendence was 4400 and NZ was 7979 (says they had 2 arenas, one average 6k the other 3k)
    I am a Perth member, go to all there games so I know for a fact that they get at least 10k for every game.

Banned

I am a Perth member, go to all there games so I know for a fact that they get at least 10k for every game.
    according to the NBL they didn't in 2012 not sure at all about last season as I vaguely follow melbourne but not much but that's what the stats say.

according to the NBL they didn't in 2012 not sure at all about last season as I vaguely follow melbourne but not much but that's what the stats say.
    I'm a Perth member too and I can concur that last season in the new Perth Arena, I doubt there was ever any crowd under 10K

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    I'm a Perth member too and I can concur that last season in the new Perth Arena, I doubt there was ever any crowd under 10K
    ah k, I like the numbers being higher, what I found must still be the old arena. Is it promoted well in Perth? I wish they would promote it more here and show it on tv more

I don't get picked last at the park anymore yanix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    U mean like how your mom usually faces me?

They have attendance figures up here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_NBL_season

Majority of Perth home games are at 11K, not a single game dipped below 10K.

Decent college freshman

ah k, I like the numbers being higher, what I found must still be the old arena. Is it promoted well in Perth? I wish they would promote it more here and show it on tv more
    Its pretty well promoted here (Perth), it helps that most of our games are on Friday night and the arena is in the middle of the city.

Another factor is that Perth has made the finals for 26 (I think) straight seasons and they very rarely lose at home. Plus we signed James Ennis who was drafted by the Heat this season.