Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: New Excuse for CP3 not performing well this year

I think he is playing pretty well so far this season

15/11/3/ with almost 3 steals a game on 47% from the field and he had 15/14/4 with 4 steals last night.

I think Chris Paul and the Clippers need some time to gel and warm up.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chairman
    I'm a bulls fan scumbag
    Are you?

He's not aggressive enough when it comes to shooting despite being very good at it. I find that puzzling.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    C'mon... really?

IF you watched the game tonight at all, CP3 played well enough and it wasn't scoring or anything the Clippers did offensively that lost them the game.

It was the rebounding and fouls.

45 rebounds to 31...

34 fta to 20

cp3 handled the offense just fine, it was just that Drose got all the calls and the clippers couldn't get any rebounds.

Yeah, it was just Rose getting all the calls.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    People always come up with excuses for him not playing good since his great years of 08-09. They have blamed his teammates, injuries etc. This season, I knew he will get exposed because he isn't injured and he has good teammates. And you know what? They come up with new excuse. "He is not in shape yet, so let him get in shape" Do you guys ever stop with the excuses? Just admit CP3 isn't the same player from 08-09 because the level of PG competition has stepped up and he isnt good enough to keep up. He is a good player, but not as good as people make him out to be. He is a really good role player at best, but he isn't good enough to lead a team.

DWill>CP3
    But he's averaging more points and assists than DWill. 4.5 assist to TO ratio to DWill's 1.06. 2.7 steals to DWill's 1.3. DWill is shooting 35%.

Neither has been all that great in the few games so far this season.

Ironically, Deron is averaging 16 and 5 on 35% shooting so far this year.

College superstar

Basketbawful on Deron:

Remember a while back when Deron said he was the best point guard in the league? Next thing you know, he was running Jerry Sloan out of Utah, getting traded to the Nyets, and now he's tossing up garbage for field goal attempts. On Tuesday, Williams went 3-for-11 against the Hawks, and last night he shot 2-for-12 against the Magic. He's shooting 28 percent from the field and averaging only 5.7 assists. His PER is 10.50.

Well, he wanted out of Sloan's rigid offensive system. And that's what he got. Congrats, D-Will.

Said Williams: "It is definitely frustrating. I am not playing well right now and the team is not playing too well right now. It is not time to panic. We are going to have a little bit of struggles just because everybody is learning."

Uh, shouldn't you have learned to shoot by now, Deron?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

CP3 is performing poorly...what?

He's only averaging 15/11/3...with 3 steals and 2 turnovers. He needs to rebound a bit better, but his defense has been very good as well.

He's shooting 47/50/73....55% TS

How is that playing poorly?

Last night he was very good. He just happened to get outplayed by one of the best players in the game last night (who happened to play about as well as he's ever played given the competition)....

Paul played Rose to a near draw going into the 4th...then Rose just took his game to another level. This should be about Rose stepping up his game and rising to the challenge...that was ****ing impressive out of Rose.

I sometimes feel like I'm watching a different game than most of you...I think Paul has played very well so far this year given the circumstances.

Rose just took it to another level in the 4th.....that was special.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    CP3 is performing poorly...what?

He's only averaging 15/11/3...with 3 steals and 2 turnovers. He needs to rebound a bit better, but his defense has been very good as well.

He's shooting 47/50/73....55% TS

How is that playing poorly?

Last night he was very good. He just happened to get outplayed by one of the best players in the game last night (who happened to play about as well as he's ever played given the competition)....

Paul played Rose to a near draw going into the 4th...then Rose just took his game to another level. This should be about Rose stepping up his game and rising to the challenge...that was ****ing impressive out of Rose.

I sometimes feel like I'm watching a different game than most of you...I think Paul has played very well so far this year given the circumstances.

Rose just took it to another level in the 4th.....that was special.
    Not saying he played poorly or his not a good player. He is a good player, but some people claim him to be a top 5 player in the league, which is just BS.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Not saying he played poorly or his not a good player. He is a good player, but some people claim him to be a top 5 player in the league, which is just BS.
    its debatable. i personally don't think he's top 5, but he's close.

Banned

He's not doing so well because he's out of shape. Just look how much fat he has around his arms!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    He's not aggressive enough when it comes to shooting despite being very good at it. I find that puzzling.
    That's what you call a "pass-first" PG. Steve Nash is the same. He's shooting over 50% from the field almost every year but you don't see him jacking up 20+ shots a game.

Good college starter

When he gets in shape and gels with the team he'll be scary.

Right now particularly on defense they are not on the same page

3-time NBA All-Star

People always come up with excuses for him not playing good since his great years of 08-09. They have blamed his teammates, injuries etc. This season, I knew he will get exposed because he isn't injured and he has good teammates. And you know what? They come up with new excuse. "He is not in shape yet, so let him get in shape" Do you guys ever stop with the excuses? Just admit CP3 isn't the same player from 08-09 because the level of PG competition has stepped up and he isnt good enough to keep up. He is a good player, but not as good as people make him out to be. He is a really good role player at best, but he isn't good enough to lead a team.

DWill>CP3
    The only PG that's really stepped up since then is Rose. That doesn't account for the dramatic decline in stats and athleticism in cp3. Cp3 isn't the same cause of permanent injuries. He will never be the same. With that said, IMO 08-09 cp3 would probably be the best PG in the league today, and probably was the best PG we have seen since Magic retired.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    The only PG that's really stepped up since then is Rose. That doesn't account for the dramatic decline in stats and athleticism in cp3. Cp3 isn't the same cause of permanent injuries. He will never be the same. With that said, IMO 08-09 cp3 would probably be the best PG in the league today, and probably was the best PG we have seen since Magic retired.
    The best pg's I've seen since Magic retired were Kidd and Nash.