Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: If Lebron shot at the end of games, could he become GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    you are seriously overlooking how old & broken Boston is. That team is BEAT UP.

They've got no shot. If this were the Celts in March and April, I might have thought different.
    I think losing Bradley is huge because he could've been great against Wade, but I don't really have a solidified opinion on how this series will work out. I don't know how great KG can be, Im not sure if both Wade and Lebron can be absolutely dominant for a whole series after this schedule, and I don't know how much of an impact this Boston defense will have on either of them now that they can just pack it on them without Bosh (that's why I mentioned that I thought Lebron might break down) Really, I could see Boston winning if they can really play defense like they have in years past, but I could also see them getting swept. I just have no clue.

I rule the local playground keepinitreal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Not only in 10 and 11, but also in 08 vs the Celtics, and 07 in the finals.
    I want to see how he responds to Boston now that they can load up on him. Seems exactly like one of those series he might collapse in.
    Didn't he put up like 50 pts vs the 08 celtics in game 7 (and took them to 7 games no less) with andersen varajao as his best teammate?

those 08 celtics won the nba finals, too, btw.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by keepinitreal
    Didn't he put up like 50 pts vs the 08 celtics in game 7 (and took them to 7 games no less) with andersen varajao as his best teammate?

those 08 celtics won the nba finals, too, btw.
    Truth be told, Celtics have never had it easy with Lebron...Lebron just hates them to death I guess, or the Celtics simply do a bad job - I just can't believe why the Celtics always struggle with Lebron while other teams do such a better job. It's easy if you think about it, what other teams have done before....block the paint...force jumpshots. Match up problem with Pierce.

Hahahaahahahahahahahah............................ wwoooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Since when does Lebron not shoot at the end of games? are you trolling now or are you seriuos???????? Lebron not taking shots at the end of games? I know he is not as selfish of a ballhoger and one dimensional as Kobe/Durant/Carmelo which means he might pass sometimes to an open teammate AND DOESNT ONLY THINK ABOUT SCORING 24-7....... but nobody is actually more "clutch" today than Lebron....

Alrighty then.......

1. Lebron has made more gamewinners/gametying shots than ANYBODY today since coming in the league 2004 and at a high %....

2. season-playoffs since 1996 he is right up there:

3. Lebron is always at the top in Clutch stats: "Productions with 5 minutes or less of the game and neither ahead of more than 5 points"

4. Lebron today leads the league in 4th quarter scoring, especially in playoffs... which means he is to busy killing teams in the 4th so he doesnt have to put his team in so many gamelosing/gametied/3 seconds left hero ball situations..... 2012 Playoffs 4th quarter:

1st round 4th quarter scoring leaders:

1. Lebron James - 8.5 PPG
    2. Tony Parker - 8.0 PPG
    3. Dirk Nowitzki - 8.0 PPG
    4. Kevin Durant - 7.5 PPG
    5. Carmelo Anthony - 7.4 PPG
    6. James Harden - 7.3 PPG
    7. Kevin Garnett - 6.4 PPG
    8. Kobe Bryant - 6.1 PPG
    9. Rudy Gay - 5.6 PPG
    10. Paul Pierce - 5.3 PPG

Conference Semifinals 4th quarter scoring leaders:

1. Lebron James - 10.0 PPG
    2. Kevin Durant - 9.3 PPG
    3. Kobe Bryant - 8.3 PPG
    4. Kevin Garnett - 7.0 PPG
    5. Dwyane Wade - 6.8 PPG
    6. Jodie Meeks - 6.6 PPG
    7. James Harden - 6.0 PPG
    8. Eric Bledsoe - 5.4 PPG
    9. Tony Parker - 5.3 PPG
    10. Maurice Williams - 4.3 PPG

/THREAD
    Last edited by pauk; 05-27-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Hahahaahahahahahahahah............................ wwoooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Since when does Lebron not shoot at the end of games? are you trolling now or are you seriuos???????? Lebron not taking shots at the end of games? I know he is not as selfish of a ballhoger and one dimensional as Kobe/Durant/Carmelo which means he might pass sometimes to an open teammate AND DOESNT ONLY THINK ABOUT SCORING 24-7....... but nobody is actually more "clutch" today than Lebron....

Alrighty then.......

1. Lebron has made more gamewinners/gametying shots than ANYBODY today since coming in the league 2004 and at a high %....

3. Lebron is always at the top in Clutch stats: "Productions with 5 minutes or less of the game and neither ahead of more than 5 points"

4. Lebron today leads the league in 4th quarter scoring, especially in playoffs... which means he is to busy killing teams in the 4th so he doesnt have to put his team in so many gamelosing/gametied/3 seconds left hero ball situations..... 2012 Playoffs 4th quarter:

2. Tony Parker - 8.0 PPG
    8. Kobe Bryant - 6.1 PPG
    9. Rudy Gay - 5.6 PPG

3. Kobe Bryant - 8.3 PPG
    5. Dwyane Wade - 6.8 PPG
    6. Jodie Meeks - 6.6 PPG
    9. Tony Parker - 5.3 PPG

/THREAD
    You're delusional pauk.

Sure, Lebron is and always has been an underrated 4th quarter performer. I don't think anyone is debating that (at least no one who is objective). However, when it's a BIG game and it's really close in crunch time (like in the final 2 mins or so), he wants no part of the pressure. He's mentally weak.

Let me ask you, what did you make of his complete and utter meltdown in last years finals? What did that show you? It must have alarmed you, surely?? Would you be calling Bron the best player in the league if he choked away the next 3 finals too?

And why do you keep rolling out stats that are 2/3/4 years old anyway? Is it to hide Lebron's 4th quarter/game winning shot inadaquecies in the last couple of years?
    Last edited by oolalaa; 05-27-2012 at 12:57 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

LeBron's issue as a Heat is sustaining high level of play through the course of an entire game, not late in games, where he's generally been the best since entering the league. He leads the playoffs in 4th qtr ppg so far.

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    Sure, Lebron is and always has been an underrated 4th quarter performer.
    Underrated would be a massive understatement. He has the reputation of a choke artist, but on average, he has pretty much been the league's best late-game player since '06. This applies to the postseason too. The numbers are all there.

And why do you keep rolling out stats that are 2/3/4 years old anyway?
    Because LeBron has the reputation of NEVER being clutch, so these morons need to be set straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Stop overrating the Celtics. A Motivated and Angry Heat team will finish the job in less than 6 games.
    should be 5 games. Celtics team is bad. They wouldnt make it out the first round of the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Do you have a tv or an internet connection? LBJ is leading the NBA in 4th quarter scoring this season.
    The only way he's overcoming this if he shows up in the Finals. The only way to crush the choke job he did last year is to not choke in the same exact situation. So far he's been pretty good this post-season compared to last year, but we'll only know how good until he has all the pressure, or if he passes it to Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

Alrighty then.......

2. Tony Parker - 8.0 PPG
    8. Kobe Bryant - 6.1 PPG
    9. Rudy Gay - 5.6 PPG

3. Kobe Bryant - 8.3 PPG
    5. Dwyane Wade - 6.8 PPG
    6. Jodie Meeks - 6.6 PPG
    9. Tony Parker - 5.3 PPG

/THREAD
    I noticed you posted stats from years ago. Cleveland LeBron > Miami LeBron as far as clutch factor goes. After he left for Miami he totally did away with carrying the load and isn't considered clutch anymore. If the Heat need a bucket they depend on Wade more times than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Underrated would be a massive understatement. He has the reputation of a choke artist, but on average, he has pretty much been the league's best late-game player since '06. This applies to the postseason too. The numbers are all there.

Because LeBron has the reputation of NEVER being clutch, so these morons need to be set straight.
    Numbers lie. Lebron, in his career to date at least, is a perfect example of this (along with Wilt). You can put up all the stats you want, if you stink up the joint or just simply refuse to show up when it really matters most (i.e final 2 minutes of a close, big game) then those stats become hollow and redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    Numbers lie. Lebron, in his career to date at least, is a perfect example of this
    You're an idiot. Cleveland was the league's best close-game team from 08-10. LeBron's crunch time dominance leads to WINS. His production is the opposite of hollow.

You can put up all the stats you want
    Yeah, putting up "numbers" late in close games sure sucks

if you stink up the joint or just simply refuse to show up when it really matters most (i.e final 2 minutes of a close, big game)
    LeBron has the best numbers in the last 2 minutes of close games too. http://www.backpicks.com/2012/02/23/...ide-2-minutes/

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    i don't give a shit about regular season...dude dominates every regular season and disappears in the playoffs, be it the first round, second, third or finals as he did last year.
    No, he's the same beast in playoffs as in regualr season if not better, he disappears in finals not in playoffs.

I was ecstatic when we got the Lebron. I remember him absolutely burying my Heat when playing against the Cavs a few times, hitting late shots and free throws to win games for them against us.
    I'd even watch close games the Cavs would have against other teams, and cheer against them hoping Lebron would fail, since he was my least favorite player before he came over to the Heat; now he's probably my favorite. Though he'd still get the job done against the other teams to my disappointment.

Now, since coming to the Heat... All I can think of late in games is, 'GO AND GET THE F***EN BALL. YOU'RE THE BEST PLAYER, AND HIGHEST % SHOOTER. YOU HAVE THE HIGHEST CHANCE OF GETTING IT IN'.
    And yet he stays away from it.

I don't think it's even because he's scared of the moment or anything. He may have just gone retarded. Hopefully he's fixed the issue and figured he needs to go after his legacy if he wants to be remembered.

Good college starter

No because LeBron is a stat filler. He knows if he shot in th e4th quarter than he would miss the shots, being that the defense typically is more intense. So he prefers to pass the ball so he wouldn't miss the shot and hurt his stats or get blame for the lost.