Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers pursue Ray Allen, Lakers and Rockets pursue Paul Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Martin

or maybe.........

Obviously a Laker fan

Blake for Dragic and Budinger? Really?

Local High School Star

Dragic is off limits. Noway we trade a young stud like the Dragon and Budd for an over the hill Blake.Those guys underrating Kevin Martin, well remember he is one of the best purer scorer in the league.Jordan Hill is a very solid backup PF/C in this league and Budinger is an atheletic freak with a very good shot on him. He can be a rich mans novak in the right situation.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    Him and Garnett only need to turn back the clock for 2 months, with plenty of days off in between. I think it would be scary.

Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION
    I wonder who the Clippers would have to give up for Ray.
    Not sure if anyone posted this (didn't wanna skim thru 8 pgs) but I think the Celtics own the Clippers 2012 1st RD Pick (Top 14 protected I think).

Maybe the Clips remove some of the protection from the pick (like Top 10-12) that'd be a good starting point.

Not sure what else the Clips have that the C's value unless they try Mo' Williams for Ray Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    If Clippers got Allen he would be an INCREDIBLE fit. He would get a sh** load of wide open jumpers like he's never gotten in his career with the doubles Griffin+CP3 draw. Wonder if Celtics will part with him.

I think Pierce would be an excellent fit for the Rockets but not ideal next to Kobe for the Lakers. Mainly because Kobe and Pierce both love the ball and are primary playmakers. I don't think with their egos/rivalry they would be willing to submit to each other the way Lebron/Wade have.

http://www.celticstown.com/2012/03/0...akers-rockets/
    Stopped reading right there.

O-Qua Tangin Wann

nvm

Learning to shoot layups Gory Lobotomist's Avatar

KG is a more respected offensive player than blake IMO. KG can shoot and go low. Blake can draw contact and be a dud

The Celtics are doing somewhat better now, less incentive to trade at this moment.

I don't see the Celtics trading their core unless they can get multiple picks but nobody is willing to offer that. It just wouldn't make much sense to trade the big 3 and get mediocre talent that would be locked in for a few seasons. The alternative of letting them expire and rebuilding through the draft or free agency seems much more logical then the ideas presented in this thread.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    I don't see the Celtics trading their core unless they can get multiple picks but nobody is willing to offer that. It just wouldn't make much sense to trade the big 3 and get mediocre talent that would be locked in for a few seasons. The alternative of letting them expire and rebuilding through the draft or free agency seems much more logical then the ideas presented in this thread.
    If we could get 2 top 20 picks for trading Allen and Garnett I'd do it in a heartbeat.