Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Anderson Varejao appreciation thread

i remember there was a game in phoenix, mid way through the season, the game couldn't have mattered any less. its in the first half, and hes denying nash the ball on the inbounds, forcing the suns to call a timeout.

obviously in the big picture, it was an inconsequential play, but it showed how much heart the guy had, to be giving 100%, when he had every reason to let up.

My favorite cavalier since i started following them in '07.

[QUOTE]CLEVELAND, Ohio

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Varejao is garbage. How many playoffs did he make without lebeon. No loyalty bailed out to join a younger western team. Lebron has a severely sprained shoulder ,bulging disk in back and always plays.

How mamy kardashian weddings this ugly white boy have. #black lives matter#

[QUOTE]"Dear Cavs Fans Everywhere,

For the last 12 years, I have had the honor of representing the city of Cleveland and the Cavaliers organization, and for that I will forever be grateful. Coming over from Spain at the young age of 21 was a difficult transition, but as soon as I put on a Cavs jersey and stepped on the court, I felt at home.

There were seasons we played well together, and there were seasons we struggled together. We had playoff runs, and we had championship runs. Over the last 12 seasons we have had many ups and downs, but no matter the product on the court one thing never changed

I liked his energy but this whole "he's so loyal" thing is kind of ridiculous. How was he loyal? He didn't take any pay cut to stay with the Cavs. He was paid market value or above market value his entire career. It's easy to remain loyal and stay with one team when they pay you. Loyal guys remain with their teams when they were offered more elsewhere. Not many players can say that, only Tim Duncan and maybe Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopfan777
    Varejao is garbage. How many playoffs did he make without lebeon. No loyalty bailed out to join a younger western team. Lebron has a severely sprained shoulder ,bulging disk in back and always plays.

Yeah...coz lebron is so loyal and not a drug cheat... you dimwitted fgt

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I liked his energy but this whole "he's so loyal" thing is kind of ridiculous. How was he loyal? He didn't take any pay cut to stay with the Cavs. He was paid market value or above market value his entire career. It's easy to remain loyal and stay with one team when they pay you. Loyal guys remain with their teams when they were offered more elsewhere. Not many players can say that, only Tim Duncan and maybe Dirk.
    This is a very fair point. I love Andy as much as the next guy, but he has held out in the past for contracts. He knows that -- at the end of the day -- this is business and his value to contract was no longer tenable for a team fighting tooth and nail for a title.

If he was still really contributing, I would have put up more of a fight, but he was buried on the bench and being paid $10+ million.

Yes, I will always appreciate his energy, hustle, and the way he embraced the community here. But, he also made a lot of money over the years with the Cavs.

I would welcome him back on a reasonable contract next season so he can retire a Cavalier. That is what should happen.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    This is a very fair point. I love Andy as much as the next guy, but he has held out in the past for contracts. He knows that -- at the end of the day -- this is business and his value to contract was no longer tenable for a team fighting tooth and nail for a title.

If he was still really contributing, I would have put up more of a fight, but he was buried on the bench and being paid $10+ million.

Yes, I will always appreciate his energy, hustle, and the way he embraced the community here. But, he also made a lot of money over the years with the Cavs.

I would welcome him back on a reasonable contract next season so he can retire a Cavalier. That is what should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Good perspective from a Cavs fan. The NBA is a business for both sides. The term loyalty gets thrown around all the time. In the end, teams and players are looking out for themselves. And I do not blame them. A player can be loyal to a team and be traded in a second. A team can be loyal to a player and they jump ship.

The thing I can give credit to Andy is that he appears to have genuinely loved the team and city. He got paid yes but he embraced the Cavs and that is more than a lot of guys can say.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopfan777

eat shit and stuff

Greatly Appreciated

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents

He tried.

Would love to have this guy on the Spurs, and not on the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    i think a lot of guys, putting up the stats he was on such bad teams, would have looked to force a trade, and get on a contender while they were still in their prime. andy never did.

plus the fact that he played so hard, every night, for such bad teams shows loyalty too.